"Plastic Surgery 2008 will offer new research on a variety of topics including patient satisfaction and outcomes in breast surgery and facial rejuvenation, body contouring after massive weight loss, a review of stem cell data and its potential to improve fat transfer and survival, and more," said ASPS President Richard D'Amico, MD. "We will also explore emerging, sometimes controversial, areas where further scientific evidence is needed such as fat injections for breast augmentation. The amazing advances we've made in repairing devastating facial injuries in soldiers injured in Iraq and how these advances are bridged to help civilians who are victims of inner-city violence will be a highlight. The innovations to be presented are poised to transform the specialty and advance medicine as a whole."
Pre-Opening Ceremonies Event
With the historic 2008 Presidential Election days away, media are invited to meet Pulitzer Prize-winning, legendary political investigative journalist and Plastic Surgery 2008 keynote speaker, Bob Woodward, associate editor at the Washington Post on Saturday, Nov. 1, from 3:45-4:15 p.m. Mr. Woodward will be available to field questions about his new book The War Within: A Secret White House History 2006-2008 about the Bush Administration and War on Terror, as well as, the current political landscape.
Opening Ceremonies on Saturday, Nov. 1 at 4:15 p.m. will feature keynote speaker Bob Woodward who will discuss his new book, as well as, provide insight into the 2008 Presidential Election. The annual Patients of Courage: Triumph Over Adversity awards honoring inspirational reconstructive plastic surgery patients, who have overcome traumatic illness or injury, for their courage and altruism will also be featured.
The Exhibit Hall, open Sunday, Nov. 2 - Tuesday, Nov. 4, will showcase more than 350 companies, featuring plastic surgery products and devices including the latest breast implants, injectable wrinkle fighters, cosmetics/skin care, and body contouring technologies. This array of exhibitors will bring plastic surgeons up-to-date on cutting-edge products and technologies to better care for patients.
The ASPS Investor Roundtable will be held on Monday, Nov. 2 from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and will feature industry executives discussing the latest trends, innovations and forecasts in the plastic surgery market. Media is allowed from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. (soft tissue regenerative products will be discussed); 10:20 a.m. - 11:10 a.m. (dermal fillers, neurotoxins, implants); and 12:40 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (minimally-invasive contouring technologies).
Panels, courses and studies presented at Plastic Surgery 2008 include:
- Hot Topics in Plastic Surgery
- In the News: Reconstructive Innovations
- Should We Inject Fat Into the Breast?
- The Role of Body Mass in Body Contouring Complications
- Creating the Beautiful Smile - Perioral Rejuvenation
- Mastopexy and Augmentation of the Severely Deformed Breast after Massive Weight Loss, Aging, & Pregnancy
- Treating Devastating Maxillofacial Trauma - Lessons Learned from the War Abroad and the War in the Inner-City
- Improved Cosmetic Outcomes with Free Fat Transfer in Breast Implant Reconstruction
- Modern Facelift - What I Now Do Differently and Why
- Beauty for Life
- Facial Reanimation - The Joy of a Smile
- Five-Year Prospective Outcome Study in 325 Cosmetic Breast Surgery Patients
- New Tips and Tricks with Injectables and Dermal Fillers - Optimizing Patient Results (Featuring Live Patient Injections)
- Identification and Assessment of Psychiatric Disorders in Cosmetic Surgery
- The South American and European Perspective - Refinements in Body Contouring
- The Science of Fat Transfer - The Skinny on Fat
- Radiation and the Breast - Long-Term Issues in Breast Reconstruction
- Essential Steps to Successful Rhinoplasty
- The Role of the Plastic Surgeon in the Treatment of Hyperhidrosis
- Inspiring Innovation - Transcending and Amplifying Development Through Technology and Research
- Non-Surgical Rejuvenation - Lasers
For a full listing of Plastic Surgery 2008 activities, visit http://www.plasticsurgery.org/.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is the largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons in the world. Representing more than 6,700 physician members, the Society is recognized as a leading authority and information source on cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. ASPS comprises more than 90 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. Founded in 1931, the Society represents physicians certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Source: ASPS Public Relations
American Society of Plastic Surgeons