Creating a free account will enable you to subscribe to our daily and weekly email newsletters, as well as customize your reading experience to show only the categories most relevant to you.
Signing up only take a few minutes, so why not give it a try and see what you've been missing out on.
1) Tresiba(R) summary of product characteristics 2013.
2) Zinman B et al., Insulin Degludec Versus Insulin Glargine in InsulinNaive Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: A 1year, randomized, treattotarget trial (BEGIN Once Long) Diabetes Care. 2012;35(12):246471.
3) Heller S et al., Insulin degludec, an ultralong acting basal insulin, versus insulin glargine in basalbolus treatment with mealtime insulin aspart in type 1 diabetes (BEGIN BasalBolus Type 1): a phase 3 randomised, openlabel, treattotarget noninferiority trial. Lancet. 2012;379:14891497.
4) Ratner RE et al., Prospectively planned metaanalysis comparing hypoglycemia rates of insulin degludec with those of insulin glargine. Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. 2013;15(2):175184.
5) Meneghini L et al., The Efficacy and Safety of Insulin Degludec Given in Variable OnceDaily Dosing Intervals Compared With Insulin Glargine and Insulin Degludec Dosed at the Same Time Daily: A 26week, randomized, openlabel, parallelgroup, treattotarget trial in people with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2013 [epub ahead of print] dow: 10.2337/dc121668.
6) Leiter LA et al., Assessment of the Impact of Fear of Hypoglycemic Episodes on Glycemic and Hypoglycemia Management. Can J Diabetes. 2005;29:18692.
7) Allen KV et al., BM. Nocturnal hypoglycemia: clinical manifestations and therapeutic strategies toward prevention. Endocr Pract. 2003;9(6):53043.
8) Hex N et al., Estimating the current and future costs of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in the UK, including direct health costs and indirect societal and productivity costs. Diabet Med. 2012;29(7):85562.
9) ISD Scotland. Available here. Last accessed: February 2013.
10) Department of Health. Payment by results tariffs. Available here. Last accessed: February 2013.
11) Sovik O et al., Deadinbed syndrome in young diabetic patients. Diabetes Care. 1999;22(S2):B402.
12) Novo Nordisk data on file. DOFIDeg130712005.
13) NHS Choices. Diabetes introduction. Available here. Last accessed: February 2013.
14) Diabetes UK. State of the Nation 2012. Available here. Last accessed: February 2013.
15) Cefalu CA et al., Controlling hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetes: which agent for which patient? J Fam Pract. 2005;54:85562.
16) American Diabetes Association Working Group on Hypoglycemia. Defining and reporting hypoglycemia in diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2005;28:12459.
17) Bonds DE et al., The association between symptomatic, severe hypoglycaemia and mortality in type 2 diabetes: retrospective epidemiological analysis of the ACCORD study. BMJ. 2010;340:B4909.
18) Briscoe VJ et al., Hypoglycemia in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: physiology, pathophysiology and management. Clin Diabetes. 2006;24:11521.
19) Brod M et al., The impact of nonsevere hypoglycemic events on work productivity and diabetes management. Value Health 2011;14:66571.
20) Donnelly LA et al., Frequency and Predictors of Hypoglycaemia in Type 1 and InsulinTreated Type 2 Diabetes: A PopulationBased Study. Diabet Med. 2005;22:74955.
Source: Novo Nordisk
Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release. Click 'references' tab above for source.
Visit our Diabetes category page for the latest news on this subject.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Nordisk, Novo. "Tresiba(R) (Insulin Degludec) A New Basal Insulin For Adult Patients With Type 1 And Type 2 Diabetes Is Available In The UK." Medical News Today. MediLexicon, Intl., 6 Mar. 2013. Web.
5 Dec. 2013. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/257208>
Nordisk, N. (2013, March 6). "Tresiba(R) (Insulin Degludec) A New Basal Insulin For Adult Patients With Type 1 And Type 2 Diabetes Is Available In The UK." Medical News Today. Retrieved from
Please note: If no author information is provided, the source is cited instead.
If you write about specific medications, operations, or procedures please do not name healthcare professionals by name.
For any corrections of factual information, or to contact the our editorial team, please use our feedback form. Please send any medical news or health news press releases to:
Note: Any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a health care professional. For more information, please read our terms and conditions.
This page was printed from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/257208.php
Visit www.medicalnewstoday.com for medical news and health news headlines posted throughout the day, every day.
© 2004-2013 All rights reserved. MNT (logo) is the registered trade mark of MediLexicon International Limited.