Creating a free account will enable you to subscribe to our daily and weekly email newsletters, as well as customize your reading experience to show only the categories most relevant to you.
Signing up only take a few minutes, so why not give it a try and see what you've been missing out on.
1. Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP). Summary of opinion (initial authorisation). Xtandi (last accessed April 2013)
2. Scher H I, et al. Antitumour activity of MDV3100 in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a phase 1–2 study. The Lancet 2010;375(9724):1437-46
3. Scher H I, et al. MDV3100, an Androgen Receptor Signaling Inhibitor (ARSI), Improves Overall Survival in Patients With Prostate Cancer Post Docetaxel; Results From the Phase 3 Affirm Study. Presented at ASCO-GU, 02 February 2012
4. Globocan 2008. WHO Europe Region (EURO); Prostate cancer incidence, mortality and prevalence worldwide in 2008European Union (EU-27): estimated incidence, mortality and 5-year prevalence: men. (last accessed February 2013)
5. Beltran H. et al, Collaborative Review – Prostate Cancer New Therapies for Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Efficacy and Safety, European Urology 2011; 60(2):279-290
6. Moul JW. The evolving definition of advanced prostate cancer. Rev Urol. 2004; 6(Suppl 8): S10–S17.
7. Macmillan Cancer Support, Hormonal therapy for advanced prostate cancer. Available here (last accessed March 2013)
8. Yap T A, et al. The changing therapeutic landscape of castration-resistant prostate cancer, Nat. Rev. Clin. Oncol 2011;8(10):597-610
9. SMPC. Astellas Pharma Europe Ltd. Data on file
Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release. Click 'references' tab above for source.
Visit our Prostate / Prostate Cancer category page for the latest news on this subject.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Pharma, Astellas. "Positive CHMP Opinion For Xtandi™ (Enzalutamide) In Advanced Prostate Cancer." Medical News Today. MediLexicon, Intl., 30 Apr. 2013. Web.
9 Mar. 2014. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/259785>
Pharma, A. (2013, April 30). "Positive CHMP Opinion For Xtandi™ (Enzalutamide) In Advanced Prostate Cancer." Medical News Today. Retrieved from
Please note: If no author information is provided, the source is cited instead.
If you write about specific medications, operations, or procedures please do not name healthcare professionals by name.
For any corrections of factual information, or to contact our editorial team, please use our feedback form. Please send any medical news or health news press releases to:
Note: Any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a health care professional. For more information, please read our terms and conditions.
This page was printed from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/259785.php
Visit www.medicalnewstoday.com for medical news and health news headlines posted throughout the day, every day.
© 2004-2014 All rights reserved. MNT (logo) is the registered trade mark of MediLexicon International Limited.