Creating a free account will enable you to subscribe to our daily and weekly email newsletters, as well as customize your reading experience to show only the categories most relevant to you.
Signing up only take a few minutes, so why not give it a try and see what you've been missing out on.
1. Public survey, OnePoll, sponsored by Novartis Oncology (2013)
2. Cancer Research UK. Breast Cancer Incidence Statistics. Prevalence. Last accessed on 18 March 2013.
3. Epi Database®. Kantar Health. Last accessed on 18 March 2013.
4. Murray et al. A randomised study of the effects of letrozole and anastrozole on oestrogen receptor positive breast cancers in postmenopausal women. Breast Cancer Res Treat. (2009) 114:495-501.
5. Chung CT, Carlson RW. Goals and objectives in the management of metastatic breast cancer [Online]. Last accessed: May 2013]
6. O'Shaughnessy J. Extending Survival with Chemotherapy in Metastatic Breast Cancer. Oncologist 2005: 10:20-29.
7. Cardoso F, et al. 1st international consensus guidelines for advanced breast cancer (ABC1), The Breast 2012, doi: 10.1016/j.breast.2012.03.003
8. Cardoso F. Metastatic breast cancer patients: the forgotten heroes! The Breast 2009; 18:271-2 (Editorial)
9. Parle, M, Gallagher, J, Gray, C, Akers, G, Liebert, B. From evidence to practice, factors affecting the specialist breast care nurse’s detection of psychosocial morbidity in women with breast cancer. Psycho-oncology 2001; 10: 503-510
10. Count Us, Know Us, Join Us Advanced Breast Cancer Survey, Harris Interactive, sponsored by Novartis Oncology (2013)
Source: Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd
Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release. Click 'references' tab above for source.
Visit our Breast Cancer category page for the latest news on this subject.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Novartis. "Advanced Breast Cancer Campaign, Here & Now, Launches In The UK As It's Revealed Nearly 8 In 10 Do Not Know That The Disease Is Incurable." Medical News Today. MediLexicon, Intl., 20 Jun. 2013. Web.
8 Dec. 2013. <http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/262209>
Novartis. (2013, June 20). "Advanced Breast Cancer Campaign, Here & Now, Launches In The UK As It's Revealed Nearly 8 In 10 Do Not Know That The Disease Is Incurable." Medical News Today. Retrieved from
Please note: If no author information is provided, the source is cited instead.
If you write about specific medications, operations, or procedures please do not name healthcare professionals by name.
For any corrections of factual information, or to contact the our editorial team, please use our feedback form. Please send any medical news or health news press releases to:
Note: Any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a health care professional. For more information, please read our terms and conditions.
This page was printed from: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/262209.php
Visit www.medicalnewstoday.com for medical news and health news headlines posted throughout the day, every day.
© 2004-2013 All rights reserved. MNT (logo) is the registered trade mark of MediLexicon International Limited.