Diabetes.co.uk releases one of the largest diabetes studies ever performed
Within 4 weeks, over 20,000 people contributed to a 52 question survey on living with diabetes in the UK.
Following the survey diabetic stakeholders HCPs, CCGs, Pharma & patient groups were interviewed including:
- JDRF - Michael Connellan, Senior Media Manager
- NHS Trust - John Cartwright, Urgent Care Lead, Barnsley Hospital
- HCP - Partha Kar, Clinical Director, Diabetes & Endocrinology
Diabetes.co.uk set out to discover two things:
- What are the most significant challenges for people affected by diabetes in the United Kingdom?
- How effective is the current education support for people with diabetes?
The highest responded question was "How much do you worry about having hypos?". 64% of respondents stated that the most significant challenge they face is a fear of hypoglycemia.
The survey found that 19% of patients (type 1 and type 2 diabetes) had experienced having their glucose monitoring supplies either restricted or refused.
The report then highlights the differences in education and support across Europe, with Germany being identified as a leader in diabetes structured education.
The report analyses the most significant challenges diabetics face managing their condition, the effectiveness and flaws of diabetes education and the current opportunities to add value in diabetes management.
"You can use this analysis to position your services to meet identified customer pain points. Good insight in a very clear and balanced way." Sanofi - Jason Lovatt, Brand Lead, Blood Glucose Monitoring
The report is available for download at: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/report/