- Three-year paid parental leave with guaranteed job protection upon returning to the workforce;
- Universal, full-time preschool starting at age three;
- Subsidized daycare before age three;
- Stipends for in-home nannies; and
- Monthly childcare allowances that increase with the number of children per family.
The complete transcript and audio of the segment in RealPlayer are available online.
"Reprinted with permission from http://www.kaisernetwork.org. You can view the entire Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report, search the archives, or sign up for email delivery at http://www.kaisernetwork.org/dailyreports/healthpolicy. The Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report is published for kaisernetwork.org, a free service of The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation . © 2005 Advisory Board Company and Kaiser Family Foundation. All rights reserved.