In an effort to deliver content that helps readers gain a deeper understanding of their health, we occasionally partner with brands and recommend products in our content. Any product we recommend or brand we work with is thoroughly vetted by our team for medical credibility, good business practices, and social impact.
Products chosen by our editorial teams go through a similar process to ensure brand integrity and product safety. Ultimately, this vetting process ensures that you’ll only see recommendations for products and companies that we stand behind.
Why we prioritize vetting at Medical News Today
We care deeply about providing science-led, facts-first content that inspires you to seek new knowledge, ask questions, and take healthy actions. We feel a responsibility to our community to make sound recommendations that have been evaluated and approved by our team of medical experts.
Not only do these high standards have a positive impact on you and your health, but they also set a standard across the industry at large.
Sometimes, you may encounter a product or brand on our site that doesn’t meet our standards. If we share a brand or product that hasn’t passed vetting, we’ll be transparent about why, so that you can make an informed decision about the brand or product in question.
Our vetting process
Our scoring system is based on (but not limited to) answers to the following questions:
- Are the health or medical claims made supported by the current body of scientific evidence?
- Does the brand adhere to industry best practices? Are they leading the industry in their business practices?
- Is there any third-party validation for the industry practices?
- Has the company been issued an FDA-warning letter?
- Are there any pending lawsuits or previous settlements related to class-action, fair employment practices, and or marketing practices?
- Does a product contain anything that has potential for interaction, allergies, and other harmful reactions when ingested?
- What are the ingredients/composition of the product? Do the ingredients and/or composition have the potential to cause harm?
We also consider the social impact of the companies we partner with. This is a purposeful initiative to highlight companies that are transparent about their diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
We re-evaluate all brands that partner with Medical News Today on a regular basis to ensure they continue to meet our criteria for quality, credibility, and integrity.
Simply, we do the legwork — backed by a team of experts — so you don’t have to. So that you can feel confident in the choices you make for your health and well-being
Click here to learn more about Medical News Today’s approach to content integrity, including our high standards for medical accuracy and editorial quality.