Cami Roselles, Samantha's mom, said "Kids are mean. That's just how they are."
The operation, which lasted two-and-a-half hours, was successful, according to Dr. Steven Pearlman, the surgeon who performed the operation. He told ABC "Her ears look great!"
OtoplastyOtoplasty is a plastic surgery procedure aimed at reconstructing deformities or correcting defects of the pinna (outer ear).
Surgery may be performed to:
- Correct an underdeveloped pinna (microtia)
- Deal with an absent pinna (anotia)
- Reduce disproportionate ears
- Bring the ear (pinna) closer to the head, known as ear pinback. This is what Samantha had done.
An Otoplasty is typically done by a(n):
- Oro-maxilofacial surgeon - surgeon who specializes in the mouth, jaw and face
- Plastic surgeon
- Otolaryngologist - ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist
What is bullying?According to the UK Department for Children, Schools and Families, bullying is:
"Behavior by an individual or group, usually repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group, either physically or emotionally."
Bullying can include:
- Spreading rumors, gossiping
- Physically pushing someone around
- Physically hurting someone
- Name calling
- Removing or messing with a person's belongings
- Writing or drawing offensive graffiti
- Excluding people from groups
- Taking pocket money or lunch money
- Putting somebody on Coventry (UK expression, means to give the person the "silent treatment", nobody talks to them)
Written by Christian Nordqvist