We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses is a retailer of glasses and contact lenses in the United States. It is available online and in over 804 brick-and-mortar stores across 32 states.
This article covers the America’s Best brand as well as its reputation, products, services, and more.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented here is purely research-based.
America’s Best offers a range of glasses and contact lenses. The company claims to offer products at a lower price than most competitors because it purchases in bulk.
As part of its social responsibility, the brand is in partnership with Boys and Girls Clubs of America across the country. It provides education, treatment, and early detection of eye problems by providing Club Kids with free screenings and eye exams.
Because America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses has several branches, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates each branch separately. The BBB ratings are based on specific rating elements.
Here are the ratings of the 150 America’s Best branches listed at the BBB:
- Three have a rating of A+.
- One has a rating of A-.
- Eight have a rating of NR.
- The rest have a rating of D.
A rating of D is third from the lowest rating, reflecting a score between 64 and 69.99. None of the branches are BBB accredited.
The majority of the reviews relate to overcharging beyond the advertised promotional price, wrong prescriptions, poor product quality, and scheduling problems.
On Trustpilot, America’s Best has an average rating of 2.9 out of 5, which is based on nine reviews. Customers who reviewed with a high score commended the brand on its customer service, discounts, and prices. Negative reviews reference similar issues to those mentioned above for BBB’s customer reviews.
This information was correct at the time of the publication of this article.
America’s Best provides various glasses and sunglasses for men, women, and children. These come in varying types, sizes, colors, and materials. Visitors can quickly sift through the options available on the company’s website by using the filters.
America’s Best also offers several types and brands of contact lenses to choose from. Users can opt for daily, biweekly, or monthly disposables. The company also offers toric contact lenses for astigmatism.
Some other services the company offers include:
- Eye exams: America’s Best offers different types of eye exams in its physical stores.
- Contact lens exams: After the exam, customers who are new to contact lenses will receive training with their trial diagnostic lenses. Customers will use their trial lenses for about a week before returning to the store for an evaluation. After this point, they will receive their finalized prescription.
- Visual field tests (VFTs): These exams measure peripheral vision and map out visual blind spots.
- Safety eyewear program: America’s Best also offers prescription safety glasses to companies and their employees, giving them the option of picking from a variety of lenses and frame styles.
America’s Best has the following discounts and plans:
- Mix and match pricing: America’s Best offers deals when a person purchases two pairs of glasses of the same kind. Prices range from $69.95 to $207.95, depending on the frame’s brand and lens type.
- Free eye exams: The company offers these if customers purchase two pairs of glasses.
- Eyecare Club membership: Being a member entitles a customer to two free comprehensive eye exams per year for 3 years and a 10% discount on contact lenses, eyeglasses, and accessories if bought in-store. Learn more about America’s Best Eyecare Club Membership here.
- Protection plan: This plan covers eyeglass breakage and excessive lens scratching for a year. Customers can receive one free replacement. This does not cover lost frames or lenses. This is also applicable to children’s glasses with the company’s KidsGear protection plan.
Someone who wants to purchase non-prescription glasses or sunglasses can add items to their carts for purchase.
For prescription glasses and contact lenses, America’s Best will require an up-to-date and valid prescription. Customers have the option of securing a prescription from their practitioner or having it done in a store.
America’s Best stores accept walk-ins and same-day appointments, but the company recommends scheduling an appointment online. There is a store locator feature on its website.
Customers who have placed orders in-store can usually expect their eyeglasses to be ready for collection in 7–10 days.
America’s Best accepts cash, check (with ID), major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover), CareCredit, and CareCredit credit cards. Customers can also use their flex spending account or health savings account to pay for their purchases.
America’s Best accepts most vision plans, both regional and national, for in-store purchases but not for online orders. However, it will issue a receipt that customers can submit to their insurance company to claim for an out-of-network purchase.
Before booking an appointment with America’s Best, customers should ask their local store whether or not it will accept their vision plan. Customers should also ask their insurance providers if they will reimburse the purchase and if there are limits on out-of-network purchases.
America’s Best guarantees that its products are free of manufacturer defects for a year from the date of purchase. This does not include scratches resulting from regular use.
Some alternative brands offering similar services include:
- EyeBuyDirect: Aside from offering various frame options, this brand has an in-house frame brand and a 2-day delivery service. Learn more about EyeBuyDirect here.
- 1-800 Contacts: This brand offers a wide variety of lens options. Learn more about 1-800 Contacts here.
- WALDO: This brand sells its own daily lenses, blue light glasses, and hydration drops. Learn more about WALDO here.
People who are unsure of where to buy eyeglasses or contact lenses can speak with a healthcare professional for recommendations.
- Undergo regular, comprehensive eye exams.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Maintain optimum blood sugar levels.
- Check family health history.
- Stop smoking, if applicable.
- Maintain a moderate weight.
- Wear sunglasses, hats, and other items that protect the eyes.
- Rest the eyes to prevent eye strain.
Aside from eye injury and eye infection, the American Academy of Ophthalmology recommends that a person visit an eye doctor right away if they experience the following:
America’s Best offers a variety of glasses and contact lenses that people can purchase in-store or online. The company offers membership, protection plans, several pricing offers, and eye exams.
The company receives mixed reviews online, with positive comments mentioning the low prices and complaints mentioning issues with product and service quality.