We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Aspen Green is a company that sells CBD products, such as oils, creams, and balms. The company uses hemp from Colorado, and all of its products claim to be cruelty-free.
This article discusses what Aspen Green is, the advantages and disadvantages of the company, and some of its products.
Is CBD legal?The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the legal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act. This made some hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC federally legal. However, CBD products containing more than 0.3% THC still fall under the legal definition of marijuana, making them federally illegal but legal under some state laws. Be sure to check state laws, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the FDA has not approved nonprescription CBD products, and some products may be inaccurately labeled.
Aspen Green offers several products containing cannabidiol (CBD).
The brand claims that it focuses on quality, integrity, and transparency. It works with farms in Colorado to grow and extract hemp and provides third-party lab results for every product.
The company’s products are:
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) certified organic
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) registered
- National Hemp Association registered
However, several products contain essential oils or botanical extracts. People may wish to perform a patch test on a small area of skin before using the products as instructed, as the
Below is a selection of Aspen Green’s products.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
- Type of CBD: Contains full-spectrum CBD.
- Strength: 1,000 milligrams (mg) of CBD per container.
- Main ingredients: Hemp, mango butter, and evening primrose oil.
- Size: 2 ounces (oz).
- Price: $85.
This product aims to soothe muscle soreness and relieve tension.
The cream contains essential oils and moisturizing ingredients that may provide a cooling sensation, which may help with muscle stiffness.
The company suggests massaging it gently on nonsensitive areas, such as the back, neck, and legs.
- Type of CBD: Full-spectrum CBD.
- Strength: 1,000 mg of CBD per container.
- Main ingredients: Hemp, mango butter, and jojoba oil.
- Size: 2 oz.
- Price: $90.
This product contains botanical extracts, such as beeswax and mango, and hemp that may help ease aching muscles.
However, those with a bee allergy may be more likely to have an allergic reaction due to this product containing beeswax.
The company recommends using a pea-sized amount of the product and rubbing it onto the skin as necessary.
- Type of CBD: Full-spectrum CBD.
- Strength: Available in strengths of 1,000 mg, 2,000 mg, and 3,000 mg of CBD per bottle.
- Main ingredients: Hemp, fractionated coconut oil, and rosemary extract.
- Size: 1 oz.
- Price: $145.
This product is available in original, citrus, and mint flavor. The citrus and mint contain essential oils, which some people may prefer to avoid.
The company recommends shaking the oil well before using. Then, it states people should take the oil twice a day, holding it at the back of the mouth for 120 seconds before swallowing.
Aspen Green offers a discount program that provides up to 60% off purchases. These programs require people to complete a one-time verification process. Once the company verifies a person’s eligibility, the discounts will be available when a person logs into their account.
Programs are available for those who are:
- in the military
- first responders
- medical staff, including nurses and hospital workers
- people with a disability
- people who are unemployed
People can also collect points with every purchase, which they can redeem on the website. Extra points are available on a person’s birthday or when they refer others to the website using their unique link.
Aspen Green offers free shipping on orders over $150 and a 60-day money-back guarantee. Additionally, people can sign up for a subscription and save up to 25% on orders.
Before purchasing from Aspen Green, a person may wish to consider the advantages and disadvantages of the company.
- The company is certified organic by the USDA.
- Discounts of up to 60% are available for people who qualify for the discount program.
- Individuals can subscribe and save up to 25% on all purchases.
- Aspen Green provides certificates of analysis (COAs) for all products on its website.
- The company offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on all products.
- Some products contain essential oils and botanical extracts, which can irritate the skin.
- Aspen Green’s products have an average of 1,000 mg of CBD, which may be too much for beginners.
- Aspen Green’s products cost more than some of its competitors.
- People who prefer broad-spectrum or CBD isolate products may wish to shop elsewhere, as Aspen Green sells full-spectrum CBD products.
Aspen Green sells CBD products such as oils, body butter, and creams. The company offers discount programs and a subscription option to save when purchasing products.
The company displays COAs for its products on its website, and all products are third-party tested for purity and accuracy.