We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Audien Hearing manufactures two models of hearing aids that may help with tinnitus management. They come with different features, and the company provides customers with the tools they need to manage and set up their devices.
This article discusses the brand and its products and services. It also explores some health considerations and alternative hearing aid brands.
According to Audien Hearing, its products have a lower price tag compared with similar companies. The prices do not cover doctor’s appointments or visits to hearing centers.
Customers do not need to get a hearing test before committing to a purchase. Audien Hearing claims that tests may be helpful if a person wants to get custom-programmed hearing aids. These, however, may come with more features, which will result in a higher price.
At the time of publication, Audien Hearing has an average customer rating of 1.37 out of five stars with the Better Business Bureau.
Authors of negative reviews claim that they did not receive the products they ordered and had difficulty securing refunds from Audien.
By contrast, the company has a Trustpilot score of four out of five stars. Positive reviews focus on the quality of products, with customers saying they helped improve hearing problems.
Audien offers two models of rechargeable hearing aids that can help with tinnitus, or “ringing in the ears.” They come with different-sized earbuds, so customers can choose the one that fits best.
The hearing aids are discreet and may also help individuals hear in loud settings by amplifying speech and reducing background noise.
According to the company website, customers need to stabilize their hearing aid before use, as this can help prevent whistling and feedback. The devices also come with a screwdriver for volume adjustability, and a black brush to help remove debris.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
EV1 hearing aids are discreet, with the company advertising them as “invisible.”
According to customer reviews, they are comfortable and improve hearing noticeably.
This device comes with:
- volume adjustability
- a power switch
- a microphone
- a 20-hour battery life
- a charger
Audien EV3 hearing aids are smaller in size than EV1.
They also cost more than the EV1 model, as they have more advanced technology and features.
These hearing aids come with:
- a 20-hour battery life
- wireless charging
- volume adjustability
- an HD microphone
- a comfort tip
Individuals do not require a prescription or a hearing test to purchase hearing aids from Audien Hearing. They can add the product to their cart and proceed to checkout.
They can then track their order by logging in or creating an account with the same email they used when they placed their order.
Audien offers free worldwide shipping on all products.
Audien provides a 30-day return policy on defective or damaged items. This only applies to regular-price products and not sale or discount ones.
If a person marks the product as a gift when making the purchase and receives it to their address, they may also return the item if they are not satisfied. Once the company receives the returned item, it may issue a gift certificate.
Audien provides a 1-year manufacturer warranty, so customers can receive a free replacement if a product is defective. However, this does not apply to broken, lost, or water-damaged devices.
Customers who purchase the lifetime protection plan and need to replace broken, lost, or water-damaged products may do so at $25 rather than paying the full price for another product.
People may also consider other brands that manufacture hearing aids, including:
- Eargo: This brand has designed three models of rechargeable hearing aids. It also offers a smart device app that allows people to control and adjust their devices. Learn more about Eargo here.
- Lively: The company manufactures one type of hearing aid, and customers can choose between rechargeable or battery-powered options. Lively also offers an online hearing test and follow-up visits. Learn more about Lively here.
- MDHearingAid: The company sells four different FDA-registered hearing aids. It also offers other accessories, such as batteries, domes, charging cords, and rinse kits. Online hearing tests are available. Learn more about MDHearingAid here.
- Starkey: On the Starkey website, people can find several different hearing aids, which come in various styles. The company also offers hearing aid accessories and an online hearing test. In addition, it gives customers the opportunity to see a local hearing professional. Learn more about Starkey here.
- hear sounds that they could not hear before
- communicate on the phone and in person with ease
- communicate in noisy settings
It also mentions that a person may not need a medical evaluation before purchasing hearing aids if they are aged 18 years or older. However, they should consider consulting a doctor if they experience:
In addition, people with mild to moderate hearing loss can purchase over-the-counter hearing aids without prescription. However, those who are new to hearing aids may require a prescription from an audiologist.
Audiologists help choose the right product for hearing problems. They also help with fitting hearing aids, ensuring that the amplification matches an individual’s hearing condition.
Audiologists may also repair or reprogram the device or recommend using a new earmold impression if it does not fit.
Adapting to hearing aids
The company also recommends:
- focusing on one-on-one conversations at home
- reading aloud, which may help them get used to the sound of their voice
- listening to audiobooks and TV
- increasing hearing aid wear gradually
Audien Hearing manufactures two models of FDA-registered hearing aids that may help with tinnitus management.
A person with hearing loss symptoms should consider contacting a hearing professional for a diagnosis. They may also help with choosing the right hearing device for a person’s hearing condition.