We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Audien Hearing manufactures two models of hearing aids that may help with tinnitus management. They come with different features, and the company provides customers with the tools they need to manage and set up their devices.
This article discusses the brand and its products and services. It also explores some health considerations and alternative hearing aid brands.
According to Audien Hearing, its products have a lower price tag than similar companies. The prices do not cover doctor’s appointments or visits to hearing centers.
Customers do not need to get a hearing test before committing to a purchase. Audien Hearing claims that tests may be helpful if a person wants to get custom-programmed hearing aids. These, however, may come with more features, which will result in a higher price.
At the time of publication, Audien Hearing does not hold accreditation with the Better Business Bureau.
The company has a Trustpilot score of 4 out of 5 stars. Positive reviews focus on the quality of products, with customers saying they helped improve hearing problems.
Before purchasing from Audien Hearing, a person may wish to consider the pros and cons of this service.
- Audien offers a 1-year manufacturer’s guarantee.
- Audien offers both wired and wireless charging options.
- Audien hearing aids are discreet and can help amplify speech and reduce background noise.
- Audien hearing aids may not fit all ear sizes.
- The company’s products do not have directional microphones or Bluetooth technology.
- Audien hearing aids may not offer as many features as more expensive products.
Audien offers two models of rechargeable hearing aids that can help with tinnitus, or “ringing in the ears.” They come with different-sized earbuds, so customers can choose the one that fits best.
The hearing aids are discreet and may help individuals hear in loud settings by amplifying speech and reducing background noise.
According to the company website, customers need to stabilize their hearing aid before use, as this can help prevent whistling and feedback. The devices also come with a screwdriver for volume adjustability and a black brush to help remove debris.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
EV1 hearing aids are discreet, with the company advertising them as “invisible.”
According to customer reviews, they are comfortable and improve hearing noticeably.
This device comes with:
- volume adjustability
- a power switch
- a microphone
- a 20-hour battery life
- a charger
Price: Audien Hearing EV1 has a list price of $149.
Audien EV3 hearing aids are smaller in size than EV1.
They also cost more than the EV1 model, as they have more advanced technology and features.
These hearing aids come with:
- a 20-hour battery life
- wireless charging
- volume adjustability
- an HD microphone
- a comfort tip
Price: Audien Hearing EV3 has a list price of $249.
Individuals do not require a prescription or a hearing test to purchase hearing aids from Audien Hearing. They can add the product to their cart and proceed to checkout.
They can then track their order by logging in or creating an account with the same email they used when they placed their order.
Audien offers free worldwide shipping on all products.
Audien provides a 30-day return policy on defective or damaged items. This only applies to regular-price products and not sale or discount ones.
If a person marks the product as a gift when making the purchase and receives it at their address, they can return the item if they are not satisfied. Once the company receives the returned item, it may issue a gift certificate.
Audien provides a 1-year manufacturer warranty, so customers can receive a free replacement if a product is defective. However, this does not apply to broken, lost, or water-damaged devices.
Customers who purchase the lifetime protection plan and need to replace broken, lost, or water-damaged products may do so at $25 rather than paying the full price for another product.
People may also consider other brands that manufacture hearing aids, including:
- Eargo: This brand has designed three models of rechargeable hearing aids. It also offers a smart device app that allows people to control and adjust their devices. Learn more about Eargo here.
- Lively: The company manufactures one type of hearing aid, and customers can choose between rechargeable or battery-powered options. Lively also offers an online hearing test and follow-up visits. Learn more about Lively here.
- MDHearingAid: The company sells four different FDA-registered hearing aids. It also offers other accessories, such as batteries, domes, charging cords, and rinse kits. Online hearing tests are available. Learn more about MDHearingAid here.
- Starkey: On the Starkey website, people can find several different styles of hearing aids. The company also offers hearing aid accessories and an online hearing test. In addition, it allows customers to see a local hearing professional. Learn more about Starkey here.
- hear sounds that they could not hear before
- communicate on the phone and in person with ease
- communicate in noisy settings
It also mentions that a person may not need a medical evaluation before purchasing hearing aids if they are 18 years or older. However, they should consider consulting a doctor if they experience:
In addition, people with mild to moderate hearing loss can purchase over-the-counter hearing aids without a prescription. However, people new to hearing aids may require a prescription from an audiologist.
Audiologists help choose the right product for hearing problems. They also help with fitting hearing aids, ensuring that the amplification matches an individual’s hearing condition.
Audiologists may also repair or reprogram the device or recommend using a new earmold impression if it does not fit.
Adapting to hearing aids
The company also recommends:
- focusing on one-on-one conversations at home
- reading aloud, which may help them get used to the sound of their voice
- listening to audiobooks and TV
- increasing hearing aid wear gradually
Below are some frequently asked questions about Audien Hearing.
Are Audien hearing aids legitimate?
Reviews are mixed, with some people saying that the products are affordable and provide clear audio. However, others state that the products interfered with their hearing and made the ringing in their ears worse. Some reviewers also say that it was very difficult to contact the company’s customer service department.
How long do Audien hearing aids last?
Each Audien hearing aid model has 20 hours of battery life.
The company does not state how long its hearing aids last. People may wish to consider changing their hearing aids when they notice the product does not charge properly or seeing a hearing specialist if they notice a change in their hearing.
Is Audien an amplifier?
Audien hearing aids amplify sounds and limit background noises. The company states that its products may be suitable for those with tinnitus.
However, the company’s hearing aids are not suitable for people with hearing loss that requires more specialist products.
What is the difference between Audien EV1 and EV3?
The EV1 is Audien’s basic model of hearing aid. This product features a power switch, microphone, and 20-hour battery life. However, people will need to attach the EV1 to a charger to recharge the batteries.
The EV3 has the same features as the EV1. However, this product features wireless charging, an HD microphone, and ear tips that may be more comfortable to wear.
Audien Hearing manufactures two models of FDA-registered hearing aids that may help with tinnitus management.
A person with hearing loss symptoms should consider contacting a hearing professional for a diagnosis. They may also help the person choose the right hearing device for their hearing condition.