We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
The best bamboo sheets are hypoallergenic and keep a person cool at night while they sleep. If a person is concerned about their carbon footprint or sustainability, how and where manufacturers produce the sheets could also be an important factor to consider.
Bamboo is a plant that grows across many parts of the world. As one
It is possible to manufacture fabrics from bamboo pulp, and there is some evidence that bamboo fabrics have cooling properties. In 2019,
Thanks to bamboo’s benefits, many brands are now selling products made from bamboo fabric. These include bamboo sheets.
The Federal Trade Commission states that companies can only advertise their products as bamboo if they contain bamboo fibers. The manufacturing process that turns bamboo into fabric determines the type of bamboo bedsheet. Bamboo bedsheets are often bamboo viscose or bamboo rayon.
Some companies may use a bamboo blend. This fabric blends bamboo with other materials, such as cotton, resulting in a product that may be slightly more durable.
Other factors to consider before purchasing bamboo bedsheets include:
- Fit: People should consider the fit of a bamboo sheet before buying. Some sheets are fitted, which means they have elasticated corners that hug the mattress. Other sheets are flat, which people can leave loose on the mattress or tuck underneath.
- Weave: Sheets usually come in two different weaves: twill and sateen. Twill weave results in a softer bed sheet, whereas sateen weave is smoother.
- Price: Bamboo bedsheets are usually more expensive than cotton sheets. People should consider their budget before making a purchase.
- Guarantee: Some companies offer a guarantee or return policy when people buy a bedsheet. People may wish to consider purchasing sheets from a company that has these policies.
This section lists four of the best bamboo sheets available on the market.
Please note that the statements below are research-based. No one at Medical News Today, including the writer, has tried these products.
Layla is a brand that focuses on high quality mattresses and bedding. The company provides free shipping in the United States on all its items.
Layla Bamboo Sheets come in several sizes. The company has a 5-year warranty and a 120-night money-back guarantee.
According to the product website, the sheets contain solely bamboo viscose and are:
- light, soft, breathable, and cooling
- 3°F cooler than cotton sheets
- hypoallergenic and odor-resistant
The manufacturers also claim that their sheets wick moisture more effectively than polyester sheets.
Layla sheets have many positive reviews on the product website. The reviews often mention the softness and breathability of the fabric.
Ettitude focuses on quality, eco-friendly products. The company repurposes any leftover fabric to create reusable drawstring packaging for its products.
Ettitude also donates 1% of its bedding sales to environmental nonprofit organizations.
Ettitude Bamboo Lyocell Sheet Set is:
- made from 100% bamboo, patented CleanBamboo lyocell fabric
- hypoallergenic and free from harmful chemicals
- breathable and smooth
- available in many sizes and colors
Additionally, this sheet set is available with free U.S. delivery on orders over $50 and comes with a 30-night sleep trial.
Ettitude bedsheets have many positive reviews on the product website. Many hot sleepers say that they find these sheets very comfortable.
Cariloha Bamboo specializes in eco-friendly bamboo fiber products. The company offers free shipping on all orders over $100 and prides itself on its customer support.
Cariloha Classic Bamboo Bed Sheet Set contains 100% viscose from bamboo and is:
- available in a variety of sizes
- three degrees cooler than non-bamboo fabrics
- softer than 1,000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets
According to the manufacturers, this product has thermal regulation and repels odor and allergies.
Many reviews of this bedsheet note the lightness and comfortable feel of the fabric.
BedVoyage is an eco-luxury brand that focuses on fabric products. The company’s linens use a tight twill weave, which prevents pilling.
The company’s bamboo products use rayon, a material extracted from bamboo that wicks moisture three times better than cotton.
BedVoyage Bamboo Bedsheets come in many colors and sizes. They contain 100% rayon viscose from bamboo, and according to the manufacturers, they are:
- hypoallergenic and free of harmful chemicals
- silky soft
The manufacturers also claim that their bamboo bedsheets repel bacteria.
This product is available with free U.S. shipping on orders over $99.
- Bamboo sheets are soft and smooth
- Bamboo sheets are hypoallergenic and moisture-wicking
- Bamboo sheets are durable
- Bamboo sheets are more expensive than cotton sheets
- Most bamboo sheets require gentle washing and care
For people living in hot climates, the cooling properties of bamboo sheets could make sleeping a much more comfortable experience.
Bamboo bedsheets could also benefit people who are hot sleepers due to hormonal fluctuations happening in their bodies.
For example, people going through the transition to menopause
However, night sweats have several other causes, including:
- certain types of cancer, such as leukemia and bone cancer
- cancer treatments
Regularly experiencing hot flashes and night sweats may indicate a serious underlying health condition. Individuals with persistent night sweats and hot flashes should seek medical attention.
Below are some frequently asked questions about bamboo bedsheets.
Can bamboo sheets give better sleep?
Manufacturers of bamboo bedsheets state that the sheets are naturally moisture-wicking. This can contribute towards a cooler sleep. People who sleep hot may find that they have more restful sleep if they use bamboo bedsheets.
How to care for bamboo sheets
People should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when caring for their bamboo sheets. Many companies recommend that people wash their sheets on a cold or warm wash and tumble dry on low heat.
Do bamboo sheets snag?
Companies that sell bamboo bedsheets state that the sheets are durable. People should carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure the longevity of their sheets.
The best bamboo sheets are hypoallergenic and use sustainable materials. People like bamboo sheets because of their cooling properties and silk-like texture.
However, with so many products to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which sheets to buy. Reading the product reviews before making a purchase can help a customer make a more informed choice.