We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Beautyrest are a mattress brand offering a range of products to suit different preferences. Their hybrid mattresses consist of a memory foam top and innerspring system for support.
This article discusses Beautyrest hybrid mattresses and some alternative options before exploring how mattresses may affect health and sleep quality.
Beautyrest are one of the main brands of the Serta Simmons Bedding company. They have been in business since 1925.
In 2003, the company introduced the T3 Pocketed Coil Technology, a unique pocketed coil system that features three steel strands to reduce motion transfer and improve durability.
Their parent company Serta Simmons are also the first manufacturer that introduced king and queen bed sizes.
According to online customer reviews, some of the benefits and drawbacks of Beautyrest hybrid mattresses may include:
- Pressure relief: Beautyrest hybrid mattresses use CountourFit foam that cradles the body and adapts to an individual’s sleeping position. This may provide pressure relief to the hips, shoulders, and neck.
- Motion isolation: Beautyrest offer motion isolation on their models, which may suit couples and light sleepers. They feature individually wrapped coils, known as pocketed coils, that adjust independently to a sleeper’s body. The company claim this can help people can move and change positions without disturbing their partner’s sleep. Learn more about motion isolation here.
- Advanced cooling technology: The mattress’s cooling technology may help prevent overheating. Learn more about cooling mattresses here.
- Edge support: Mattresses with a foam layer across the sides provide edge support. This makes it easier for people to stay in the center of the bed and reduces the risk of rolling off the side.
- Odor: A hybrid mattress’s thick foam layers may trigger a slight odor for the first 2 days after setup.
- Pricing: Hybrid mattresses tend to have a higher price point than foam or spring mattresses.
- Weight: Hybrid mattresses feature a multilayer composition, so people may find it challenging to move and adjust the mattress. In addition, Beautyrest’s mattresses are not suitable for flipping.
Beautyrest offer a 100-night sleep trial on all mattresses. If customers are not satisfied with their product, they can return it for a full refund within this period. Each purchase also comes with a 10-year warranty.
Beautyrest recommend that people buy a mattress protector to safeguard their product from stains and spills. They also sell bed frames that fit their mattresses.
All Beautyrest mattresses are hybrid models. The following are a sample of their more popular hybrid mattresses:
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented here is purely research-based.
This hybrid model from the Black series is medium-firm and has a mattress height of 13 inches.
Some of the features of the Beautyrest Black Hybrid model include:
- pocketed coils for support and stability
- pressure point relief to support the hips and shoulders
- BlackICE cooling technology with a cool-to-the-touch cover
- RightTemp Memory Foam to reduce overheating throughout the night
People can also choose the Comfort or Comfort+ Pressure Relief upgrades at an extra cost if they are considering extra cooling features or pressure relief.
The Harmony Lux Carbon features a sustainable fabric that comes from recovered ocean plastic. This mattress comes in three firmness options: extra firm, medium, or plush.
Some of the features of the Harmony Lux Carbon mattress include:
- Beautyrest Gel Memory Foam and RightTemp Memory Foam for pressure relief
- Seaqual Fabric Technology for a durable and soft fabric
- pocketed coil technology for reliable support
People can also purchase an optional pillow-top upgrade for an extra charge.
This hybrid mattress comes in medium or plush firmness options. The product features Micro Diamond Memory Foam, which may reduce sweating at night. According to the company, this mattress may also suit people who experience night sweats.
Like Beautyrest’s other hybrid mattresses, this mattress
- provides pressure relief
- uses durable and soft fabric
- offers pocketed coil technology for extra support
An optional pillow-top upgrade is also available at extra cost.
Saatva is another company that produce hybrid mattresses. Below are the differences and similarities between Beautyrest and Saatva:
- Mattress warranty: Beautyrest have a 10-year limited warranty, while Saatva offer a 15-year warranty.
- Trial period: Beautyrest offer a 100-night trial period on all mattresses. Saatva offer a 180-night trial.
- Customer service: Beautyrest do not have a chat function on their website, so people may have to email them. Saatva have chat representatives, and according to reviews, they are helpful with customers.
- Edge support: Both companies produce mattresses with reinforced edges for people who sit on the mattress edge.
- Pricing: According to mattress review sites, the Saatva mattress range is more affordable than Beautyrest offerings.
This organic mattress uses eco-friendly materials and is free from toxic chemicals. Saatva claim it can repel dust mites and indoor allergens.
The company also state their Latex Hybrid Mattress offers:
- Talalay latex for support and pressure relief while being durable and breathable
- availability in a range of sizes
- compatibility with most of their foundations, adjustable bases, box springs, and platform beds.
People can also add a foundation or adjustable base and organic mattress pads or pillows for an additional charge.
The research shows that there is no evidence to suggest a specific type of mattress can reduce lower back pain symptoms for all. However, experts believe that a self-adjusted, medium-firm mattress may be the most beneficial for many people.
Individuals with sleep apnea may also consider using a mattress designed for side sleepers. A
Beautyrest offer a range of hybrid mattresses to suit different sleep positions, body types, and preferences.
Their hybrid mattresses generally receive positive customer reviews. People can also test out a Beautyrest mattress for 100 nights before committing to their purchase. If they are not satisfied, they can return it and request a full refund.
Individuals may consider exploring other manufacturers and compare their product features with what Beautyrest offer before buying a new mattress.