We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
When the bridge of a person’s nose sits level with or below the pupils, they have a low nose bridge. Low bridge glasses are designed for people with low nose bridges. They may also be beneficial for those with wide faces and high cheekbones.
This article explains what low bridge glasses are and what to look for when shopping for a pair. It also provides a list of brands that sell these glasses and touches on the importance of eyewear for vision health.
A few things that a person may wish to consider when purchasing low bridge glasses include:
- Ability to try on: A person who has not owned low bridge glasses before may wish to try various frames on before committing to a purchase so that they can ensure the correct fit and style. Companies with physical stores, a virtual try-on feature, or trial periods offer this option.
- Durability: People may wish to purchase products that consist of materials that have a long lifetime and will not break easily.
- Warranty: People may also want to consider whether the product has a warranty and, if so, what it covers and its length.
- Cost: A person will need to consider their budget before making a purchase.
- Insurance coverage: Vendors often work with insurance companies or handle Health Savings Account dollars differently. How much an insurance plan covers will affect the cost of the glasses.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely research-based.
Warby Parker has a collection of low bridge frames that work with prescription and nonprescription lenses. It also offers different lens options, such as sunglasses, in men’s and women’s styles.
The company claims that its low bridge frames have larger nose pads, a slightly adjusted lens tilt, and slightly curved temples.
Some of the low bridge frames are available for the company’s home try-on program, which allows a person to purchase up to five frames to try on at home for free. They then simply send any frames that they do not wish to keep back to the company.
EyeBuyDirect is a leading retailer of eyewear products. It has a large selection of low bridge glasses with prices that range from $6 to $70.
The company claims to keep prices low, so this brand may be an option for those who are looking for a budget pair of low bridge glasses.
The low bridge glasses have larger, adjustable nose pads, slightly curved temple arms, and slightly tilted lenses.
All of Covry’s frames have the company’s Elevated Fit built into them. Due to this, the frames sit higher on a person’s nose and away from the cheekbones.
Covry claims that it builds its frames with premium materials while still being low in price in comparison with competitors.
The company also provides customers with the opportunity to try on five frames at home to see which pair of glasses will suit them best.
JINS calls its low bridge glasses range its “alternative fit range.” The company claims that this range has higher nose pads that are adjustable and have curved temples.
The brand provides this style as regular eyeglasses and sunglasses for men and women.
JINS offers a free upgrade to thin lenses if this is necessary to fill a script. UV cut and anti-glare lenses are also an option. Prices start at $60, and the company offers a virtual try-on service.
Oliver Peoples is a luxury and designer eyewear retailer that sells a large range of low bridge glasses. Most of the glasses are available with or without a prescription.
Prices for the low bridge fit glasses start from $340. A person can purchase their glasses online, or they can find and book an appointment at their local store.
Ray-Ban is a high end, luxury brand of glasses and sunglasses. The company appears to stock only low bridge sunglasses and no regular eyeglasses.
Many of Ray-Ban’s models are unisex, and customers can opt for polarized lenses on some frames. The brand also has a variety of other lens options available.
Bonlook is a Canadian company that sells its products online for customers within the United States. It claims to sell high quality products at an affordable price.
The company offers eight different styles that have a low bridge. Half of these are regular eyeglasses, and the other half are sunglasses.
Bonlook provides a virtual try-on service so that customers can see how various frames would look on them before they make a purchase.
- Reading glasses: These are helpful for those who need to see closer objects with more clarity. A person can buy reading glasses without a prescription from many drugstores.
- Single vision prescription lenses: These lenses require a current prescription from an eye doctor. They are for people who need help with seeing things either far away or up close but not both at the same time.
- Multifocal prescription lenses: These lenses can help a person who has difficulty seeing both far away and up close. There are three subtypes, including bifocals, trifocals, and progressive lenses.
A person should be able to purchase low bridge frames with any type of eyeglasses.
According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, vision difficulties are usually due to the cornea not being as smooth, clear, or round as it should be. Also, a person’s eyeball may be too long or too short. These problems lead to light rays bending at odd angles and result in distorted or blurred vision.
- eating a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of leafy greens, such as kale and spinach
- exercising regularly
- telling an eye doctor if any vision issues develop
- wearing prescription glasses or lenses, if necessary
- washing the hands before they come into contact with the eyes, such as when changing contact lenses
- wearing eye protection when necessary
- wearing sunglasses and never looking directly at the sun
- resting the eyes using the 20:20:20 rule — every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds — when working with screens
- avoiding smoking
- finding out about any family history of eye problems
Low bridge glasses are ideal for those who have a low nose bridge, a wide face, or high cheekbones.
A variety of brands across the U.S. stock these styles of glasses. A person should choose a style that fits their individual style and budget, as well as fulfilling their prescription.