We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Bonlook is an eyewear retailer that sells glasses and sunglasses. The company has stores throughout Canada but is only available for online purchase in the United States.
This article takes a look at Bonlook as a brand, the products and services it offers, and eyewear and vision health more generally.
Bonlook’s headquarters are in Montreal, Canada. Bonlook claims that it provides high quality eyewear at affordable prices. This includes a variety of popular collections as well as collaborations with celebrities and influencers.
Bonlook also claims that it celebrates diversity and aims to offer styles for all face shapes, complexions, and style preferences.
Bonlook has an average customer rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, with 88% of the 110 reviews awarding the company 5 stars.
Positive reviews frequently mention great customer service.
Two of the 110 reviews award the company 1 star. Both of these reviews mention poor quality products and note that the company’s customer service has been poor when problems have occurred.
Bonlook allows a person to filter their searches through categories on its website.
These filters are:
- Size: Sizes range from extra small to extra large.
- Gender: People can separate styles for men and women.
- Shape: These include aviator, cat eye, rectangle, round, and square.
- Color: There are many different frame colors a person can choose from.
- Material: Materials include acetate, metal, mixed, stainless steel, and titanium.
- Nose bridge: The company offers low or standard nose bridge sizes.
For glasses, Bonlook offers a scratch resistant, anti-glare lens or a blue light filter lens.
For sunglasses, a person can choose tinted, photochromic, polarized, or gradient lenses.
Bonlook says that its eye care experts will help a person understand their prescription and help them find a frame and style that is best for them.
The company also claims that professionals quality control check all orders at various intervals.
On its website, Bonlook offers a guide to help a person find the best size of frame for them. This guide tells a person how to measure their face to find the right glasses size to suit them.
There is also a virtual try-on service for all of Bonlook’s models. This tool provides people with a 180-degree view of how the glasses will look on them.
To use this feature, a person needs access to a smartphone with a camera.
To order a pair of glasses, a person needs an up-to-date prescription from an optometrist.
A person can upload their prescription themselves during checkout, or Bonlook can contact the person’s optometrist on their behalf to obtain the prescription.
Bonlook also recommends that people have their pupillary distance measured. The company says that either an eye doctor or its own eye care team can do this.
Returns and warranty
Bonlook has a 60-day return policy, and returns are free for Canadian and American orders over $80. This excludes Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
The company accepts returns both in-store and online for products that are in perfect condition.
Bonlook offers a 1-year warranty for manufacturing defects and incorrect lenses. The company will repair or replace these defective items for free.
Its warranty does not cover accidental damage, stolen or lost products, or prescription changes.
Shipping and delivery
A person based in Canada or the continental U.S. will receive free shipping on orders over $80. A person in Canada or the continental U.S. whose order totals under $80 will need to pay a shipping fee.
For international customers and those based in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Guam, a shipping charge will apply.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology states that a more expensive frame does not mean that the glasses are of a better quality. However, it says that high quality lenses may have higher prices.
The World Health Organization (WHO) says that over
The main reasons for these rising numbers of vision problems are aging populations, lifestyle changes, and limited access to eye care services.
The National Eye Institute (NEI) says that just because a person’s eyes feel healthy, it does not necessarily mean that they are. This is because many eye conditions do not cause any symptoms.
The NEI gives the following tips to help a person keep their eyes healthy:
- Get a dilated eye exam.
- Eat healthy foods, such as dark, leafy greens and fish that are high in omega-3.
- Exercise regularly to reduce the risk of conditions such as diabetes and high cholesterol, which may cause vision problems.
- Quit smoking, as this habit increases the risk of conditions such as cataracts, macular degeneration, and optic nerve damage.
- Protect the eyes by wearing sunglasses and protective eyewear when necessary.
- Give the eyes regular breaks from screens.
Some alternative online eye care retailers include:
- Warby Parker: Warby Parker sends up to five pairs of glasses free of charge to a person’s home to try on before purchasing. Learn more about Warby Parker here.
- EyeBuyDirect: This is one of the most affordable eyewear retailers on the U.S. market. This does not include the prescription cost, however. Learn more about EyeBuyDirect here.
- Coastal: For every pair of glasses purchased via Coastal, the company donates a pair to someone who needs them. Learn more about Coastal contacts here.
- GlassesUSA: This company offers a variety of lenses, including both designer and more affordable models. Learn more about GlassesUSA here.
Alternatively, a person can obtain a separate prescription so that they can purchase contact lenses.
Bonlook offers various eyewear products at affordable prices. The company aims to serve people with all face shapes, skin tones, and style preferences.
Bonlook has no physical stores within the U.S., but its products are available to purchase online. A person may wish to consider alternative retailers before making a purchase. They should take note of customer reviews.
It is important for a person to take note of any changes in their vision and take steps to maintain the health of their eyes by wearing glasses if necessary.