We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Casper and Saatva both produce a range of mattresses to suit different preferences and needs.
This article discusses the range of Casper and Saatva mattresses and considers which may best suit people with certain sleeping styles or health issues.
Casper claim that they are passionate about enabling great sleep, factoring in the science of sleep when they manufacture mattresses.
The company support community organizations and charities, and they have an in-store recycling scheme for old bedding.
Saatva say that they aim to provide luxury mattresses at a fair price, as well as an excellent customer experience.
The company support local communities and work with a mentoring nonprofit. They have won awards for their sustainability and the quality of their bedding products.
In reviews comparing the Casper Original and the Saatva Classic — the companies’ flagship products — various reviewers reported:
- The Casper mattress is better for pressure relief, support, and cooling, with an average customer satisfaction rating of 4.5 out of 5.
- The Saatva mattress is better for people who prefer a firmer mattress and is available in a greater range of thickness and size options. The average customer satisfaction rating was 4.9 out of 5.
- The Saatva Classic is more expensive than the Casper Original but is within the average market price range for an innerspring mattress.
Reviewers rated both options highly for customer service and high quality materials.
Both brands have mattresses with CertiPUR-US-certification, meaning that the materials do not contain harmful chemicals.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely research-based.
All Casper mattresses come with:
- free delivery and returns
- a 100-night trial
- a 10-year limited warranty
Casper offer the following range of mattresses:
Casper Original Mattress
The Casper Original is an all-foam mattress. Key features include:
- three support zones for targeted support and comfort
- softer foam around the shoulder area for pressure relief
- firmer foam around the hips and lower back for spinal alignment
- perforated foam for breathability and heat reduction
According to Casper, the Original is their most popular mattress and is suitable for all sleeping styles.
Casper Nova Hybrid Mattress
The Casper Nova is a hybrid mattress that combines foam layers and coils.
Key features include:
- plush cover
- seven layers of targeted support for the shoulders, hips, and lower back
- perforated foam to allow heat to escape
- springs for support and airflow
As with the Original model, the cover of this mattress is made from recycled bottles.
According to Casper, the Nova is ideal for people who want a soft-feeling mattress without losing support or cooling benefits.
Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress
The Casper Wave is a hybrid mattress with both foam layers and coils.
Key features include:
- gel pods within the foam to provide spinal alignment and extra support to the waist and lower back
- zoned support, with softer foam around the shoulders
- cooling gel and perforated foam for airflow and temperature regulation
- springs for support and airflow
According to Casper, the Wave is a particularly good option for people with frequent aches and pains but suits all sleeping styles.
All Saatva mattresses come with:
- free white glove delivery
- a 180-night trial
- a 12–20-year warranty, depending on the model
Saatva offer the following range of mattresses:
Saatva Classic Mattress
The Classic model is a luxury hybrid innerspring. Key features include:
- a pillow top for contouring, improved circulation, and pressure relief
- memory foam for lower back support and spinal alignment
- high density edge support
- individually pocketed coils for airflow and motion isolation
- coil base to prevent sagging
Customers looking to purchase this mattress can choose from:
- two thickness options
- three choices of firmness
- eight size options
According to Saatva, the Classic model is their most popular mattress.
Saatva Latex Hybrid Mattress
The Latex Hybrid model uses 100% natural Talalay latex with organic cotton and wool.
This mattress includes an organic cotton cover that has Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification.
Key features include:
- GOTS-certified organic wool layer for natural flame retardancy and temperature regulation
- five zones of support for the lower back and pressure relief
- recycled steel coils for support and motion isolation
The mattress is available in seven size options, including split King.
Saatva HD Mattress
The key features of this mattress include:
- Talalay latex layer for five zones of support
- memory foam for support, improved circulation, and pressure relief
- highly durable steel coils to prevent sagging and support the lower back
- organic cotton pillow-top firm edge support
Saatva claim that this mattress is suitable for people weighing between 300 and 500 pounds.
Other Saatva mattress models include:
- Saatva Youth
- Loom & Leaf
People may wish to consider the following when choosing a mattress:
- Sustainability: People can look for certifications such as GOTS or Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) to indicate the use of environmentally and socially responsible materials.
- Nontoxic: CertiPUR-US certification shows that the foam does not contain harmful chemicals.
- Durability: High quality materials and anti-sag features are signs that a mattress is likely durable.
- Thickness: People should consider their personal preference for sleeping higher or lower in relation to the bed frame.
- Firmness: The mattress industry recommends a firmer surface for back and stomach sleepers, with a softer surface for side sleepers.
- Motion isolation: Those who share a bed and wake up easily may be particularly interested in features to prevent motion transfer.
- Cooling: If people overheat while sleeping, they can look for mattresses featuring cooling gels, perforated foams, and cooling fabrics.
- Maintenance and hygiene: Hypoallergenic, dust-resistant fabrics may be important to some people. A removable cover can also be useful for those who prefer to wash a cover rather than spot clean the mattress.
A 2009 study examined the role that bedding plays in sleep quality, back pain, and perceived stress. The participants switched from sleeping on a spring mattress that was at least 5 years old to using a new, medium-firm mattress with foam and spring components.
They also slept on a new bed frame, which was the same size as their previous bed, but kept the same sheets, pillows, and other bedding.
The results showed that the new bedding system increased the quality of sleep and reduced back discomfort. These factors may play a part in reducing stress. However, the researchers noted the limitations of the study and stated the need for further evidence to support the findings.
A more recent review from 2015 found that a medium-firm, self-adjusted mattress might provide optimal sleep quality, comfort, and spinal alignment.
Casper and Saatva are two leading mattress brands with an overall positive reputation among reviewers and customers.
Casper may best suit people looking for a mattress to relieve aches and pains with targeted support areas. Saatva may be a better option for people looking for a greater choice of mattresses, including ones that are suitable for children and for individuals with a heavier body weight.
People should research online reviews from various sources when choosing a mattress to suit their particular preferences.