We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Is CBD legal?The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the legal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act. This made some hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC federally legal. However, CBD products containing more than 0.3% THC still fall under the legal definition of marijuana, making them federally illegal but legal under some state laws. Be sure to check state laws, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the FDA has not approved nonprescription CBD products, and some products may be inaccurately labeled.
Cannabidiol (CBD) products have grown in popularity to help manage many ailments, such as pain and anxiety. As research investigating the benefits of CBD continues, some reports suggest that CBD may also be useful as a stimulant and provide a boost in energy.
A quick look at the 5 best CBD products for energy
- Best capsule: Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25 mg CBD Capsules | Skip to review
- Best vegan bath bombs: CBDfx Bath Bombs | Skip to review
- Best gummy: Just Live Energy CBD Gummies | Skip to review
- Best organic oil: Joy Organics Organic CBD Tincture | Skip to review
- Best cruelty-free drops: FOCL Premium CBD Drops | Skip to review
In this article, we will discuss the effectiveness of CBD in boosting energy and suggest some CBD products and alternatives people may consider trying to feel more energetic.
The human body contains a complex network of neurotransmitters and cannabinoid receptors known as the
While people may consider CBD a sedative rather than a stimulant, CBD appears to have a biphasic effect. This means that people may experience different effects or phases depending on the dosage they receive.
According to a recent study, lower doses of CBD may have a stimulating effect, while higher doses may have a sedative effect.
Research suggests that high doses may increase sleep duration, while doses lower than 15 milligrams (mg) may have alerting properties.
According to some other research, CBD could potentially be useful as a wake-promoting agent. However, this will differ between people and depend on how each individual responds to CBD.
Most people generally tolerate CBD well. However, some people may experience side effects depending on the dose. These side effects include, according to the
CBD may also interact with certain drugs. Therefore, people who take other medications should consult a doctor before using any CBD products.
Using CBD for energy will vary depending on the product chosen. They may come in the form of capsules, energy drink mixes, bath bombs, or roll-ons.
Once people choose products suitable for their needs, they should follow the instructions on the label and not exceed the dosage indicated on the packaging.
Medical News Today chooses products that meet the following criteria:
- Ingredients: MNT chooses products containing safe and high quality clearly labeled ingredients. They also need to confirm they are free from pesticides, heavy metals, and mold.
- Dosage: MNT chooses products that must clearly state the CBD dosage.
- Serving size: MNT selects products in which manufacturers recommend a dosage.
- Third-party labs: MNT chooses products that must undergo third-party testing for contaminants by an ISO 17025-compliant laboratory.
- Available certificate of analysis: MNT chooses companies that demonstrate transparency and share a product’s certificate of analysis (COA) following receipt of its third-party lab results.
Several CBD products for energy are available for purchase. Below, we list five products that people may wish to try.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All product information is purely research-based.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Best capsule: Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25 mg CBD Capsules
- List price: $9.99–119.99
- Type: capsules
- Dosage: 25 mg of CBD per capsule
Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend capsules contain CBD isolate. This means that, unlike full- or broad-spectrum products, it contains only CBD, with no trace of other compounds, such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
The capsules also contain caffeine, and the manufacturer states it designed the product to give people an energy kick when they most need it.
Each capsule contains 25 mg of CBD, and the product comes in bottles containing either 10, 40, or 200 capsules. According to the company’s website, the product has several positive reviews.
Test results for this product are available on the product page.
Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25 mg CBD Capsules are available for purchase online.
Best vegan bath bombs: CBDfx Bath Bombs
- List price: $9.99
- Type: bath bombs
- Dosage: 200 mg
CBDfx stocks these CBD isolate bath bombs that contain lemongrass, chamomile, and shea butter. These help hydrate the skin and offer a calming effect.
The bath bombs are free from harsh dyes, so they should not stain bathtubs. They may also suit people with sensitive skin.
The company claims that the product is vegan, cruelty-free, and has organic hemp.
People also have four scents to choose from.
CBDfx Bath Bombs are available for purchase online.
Best gummy: Just Live Energy CBD Gummies
- List price: $9.99–54.99
- Type: gummies
- Dosage: 3 mg of CBD per gummy
The manufacturer claims that these gummies contain no traces of THC. This means they contain CBD isolate.
They contain a blend of CBD, CBG, and vitamins B12 and B3. Each gummy contains 3 mg of CBD and features a strawberry honey flavor.
A person can choose to purchase a pack of 30 or a test pack of 5. The manufacturer states that people should chew one gummy for 30 minutes before they need an energy boost.
Just Live Energy CBD Gummies are available to purchase online.
Best organic CBD tincture: Joy Organics Broad Spectrum Organic CBD Tincture
- List price: $69.95
- Type: tincture
- Dosage: 30 mg of CBD per serving
Joy Organics offers this broad-spectrum CBD tincture that is USDA certified and contains only three ingredients.
The ingredients include organic virgin olive oil, organic hemp extract, and organic peppermint essential oil. The 900-g bottle offers 30 mg of CBD per serving.
The company’s website states that this product helps support physical and mental well-being. It is also free from THC and will not result in a positive drug test result.
While it does help a person feel more relaxed, it does not make them feel sleepy.
Joy Organics Organic CBD Tincture is available to purchase online.
Best cruelty-free drops: FOCL Premium CBD Drops (mint)
- List price: $59–129
- Type: drops
- Dosage: 1,000 or 3,000 mg
FOCL’s drops contain CBD and organic medium-chain triglyceride oil. They help calm the mind, relieve pain, and help people fall asleep faster.
They are available in different flavors: citrus, mint, natural, and orange cream. They also come in 1,000- or 3,000-mg strengths.
The company gives its customers the option to choose between a broad-spectrum or a full-spectrum product.
The CBD drops are vegan and cruelty-free.
FOCL Premium CBD Drops are available to purchase online.
The below table compares the products in this article.
|Lazarus Naturals||capsule||CBD isolate||250, 1,000, or 5,000 mg||$9.99–119.99|
|CBDfx||bath bombs||CBD isolate||200 mg||$9.99|
|Just Live Energy CBD||gummies||CBD isolate||3 mg per gummy||$9.99–54.99|
|Joy Organics||oil/tincture||broad-spectrum||30 mg per serving||$69.95|
|FOCL||drops||broad-spectrum and full-spectrum||1,000 and 3,000 mg||$59–129|
It is important to choose CBD products according to criteria that are reliable indicators of safety, quality, and transparency. Each product in this article:
- is from a company that provides proof of third-party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant lab
- is made with hemp grown in the United States
- contains no more than
0.3% THC, according to the COA
- passes safety checks for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
People should also consider:
- company certifications and manufacturing processes
- product potency
- overall ingredients
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- whether the company has been subject to an
- whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
While CBD for energy is a suitable supplement to become more alert, other options can also help people stay energized. They include:
- Sleep: Lack of sleep is usually associated with lower energy levels. Getting enough sleep may support an energy boost.
- Caffeine: After making its way to the bloodstream, caffeine travels to the brain. It blocks inhibitory neurotransmitters known as adenosine, increasing energy levels. However, too much caffeine may result in energy loss.
- Ashwagandha: This medicinal herb may help relieve stress, improve focus, and increase energy levels.
- Fruits: Many different fruits, such as bananas, berries, and oranges, contain various vitamins and nutrients that can provide a jolt of energy.
- Water: Drinking water is essential for maintaining energy levels. Hydration is important for health as water is vital for every cell in the body to work properly.
Below we look at some common questions relating to CBD and energy.
Can CBD make you hyper?
There is no evidence that CBD, or any other compound in the C. sativa plant, can make a person hyperactive, or hyper. CBD is sometimes mixed with
Does CBD make you lazy?
However, fatigue is most likely to affect a person who takes CBD in an oral form.
Does CBD help ADHD in adults?
The same study states that CBD may also aid the treatment of schizophrenia, cannabis-related disorders, social anxiety disorder, and autism spectrum disorder.
There are many CBD products available for people to try that may help increase their energy levels. While more research is necessary, it appears that CBD may be beneficial for improving energy and alertness.
There are many different CBD products that people may consider trying. However, before using any CBD products, it is advisable for people to consult their doctor.