We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Is CBD legal?The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the legal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act. This made some hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3 percent THC federally legal. However, CBD products containing more than 0.3 percent THC still fall under the legal definition of marijuana, making them federally illegal but legal under some state laws. Be sure to check state laws, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the FDA has not approved nonprescription CBD products, and some products may be inaccurately labeled.
Cannabidiol (CBD) products have grown in popularity to help manage many ailments, such as pain and anxiety. As research investigating the benefits of CBD continues, some reports suggest that CBD may also be useful as a stimulant and provide a boost in energy.
A quick look at the 4 best CBD products for energy
- Best capsule: Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25 mg CBD Capsules
- Best broad spectrum: Sky Organics Sweet Orange Energy Bath Bomb
- Best roll-on: Envy CBD Focus Essential Oil Roll-On
- Best gummy: Just Live Energy CBD Gummies
In this article, we will discuss the effectiveness of CBD in boosting energy and suggest some CBD products and alternatives people may consider trying to feel more energetic.
The human body contains a complex network of neurotransmitters and cannabinoid receptors known as the
While people may consider CBD a sedative rather than a stimulant, CBD appears to have a biphasic effect. This means that people may experience different effects or phases depending on the dosage they receive.
According to a 2017 review, lower doses of CBD may have a stimulating effect, while higher doses may have a sedative effect.
Research suggests that high doses may increase sleep duration, whereas doses lower than 15 milligrams (mg) may have alerting properties.
According to some other
Most people generally tolerate CBD well. However, some people may experience side effects depending on the dose. These side effects
CBD may also interact with certain drugs. Therefore, people who take other medications should consult a doctor before using any CBD products.
Using CBD for energy will vary depending on the product chosen. They may come in the form of capsules, energy drink mixes, bath bombs, or roll-ons.
Once people choose products suitable for their needs, they should follow the instructions on the label and not exceed the dosage indicated on the packaging.
Medical News Today chooses products that meet the following criteria:
- Ingredients: MNT chooses products containing safe and high-quality clearly labelled ingredients. They should also confirm they are free from pesticides, heavy metals, and mold.
- Dosage: MNT chooses products that must clearly state the CBD dosage.
- Serving size: MNT selects products in which manufacturers recommend a dosage.
- Third-party labs: MNT chooses products that must undergo third-party testing for contaminants by an ISO 17025-compliant laboratory.
- Available certificate of analysis: MNT chooses companies that demonstrate transparency and share a product’s certificate of analysis (COA) following receipt of its third-party lab results.
Several CBD products for energy are available for purchase. Below, we list four products that people may wish to try.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All product information is purely research-based.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Best capsule: Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25 mg CBD Capsules
Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend capsules contain CBD isolate. This means that, unlike full- or broad-spectrum products, it contains only CBD, with no trace of any other compounds, such as THC.
The capsules also contain caffeine, and the manufacturer states it designed the product to give people an energy kick when they most need it.
Each capsule contains 25 mg of CBD and the product come in bottles containing either 10, 40, or 200 capsules. According to the company’s website, the product has several positive reviews.
Test results for this product are available on the product page.
Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25 mg CBD Capsules are available for purchase online.
Best broad-spectrum: Sky Organics Sweet Orange Energy Bath Bomb
Sky Organics Sweet Orange Energy bath bomb contains broad-spectrum CBD. This means it contains various compounds from the cannabis plant. While these compounds typically do not include THC, some products will contain trace amounts.
The product also contains orange essential oil and Epsom salts. According to the manufacturer, sweet orange essential oil can support a sense of focus, energy boost, and overall well-being.
Both CBD and orange essential oil contain terpenes. Some research suggests that terpenes may offer a wide variety of medicinal benefits.
Each bath bomb contains 60 mg of CBD and is cruelty free and vegan. The COA is available on the product page.
Sky Organics Sweet Orange Energy Bath Bombs are available for purchase online.
Best roll-on: Envy CBD Focus Essential Oil Roll-on
This roll-on contains full-spectrum CBD. This means it contains all the compounds and cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant, including up to 0.3% THC. The product also contains rose essential oil.
The manufacturers state they designed this product to help increase productivity, motivation, and energy.
The company recommends applying the formula to pressure points, such as the neck and shoulders, to improve well-being. The roll-on comes in one potency of 100 mg of CBD per 10-milliliter (ml) bottle.
Test reports for this product are available on the product page.
Envy CBD Focus Essential Oil Roll-on is available for purchase online.
Best gummy: Just Live Energy CBD Gummies
The manufacturer claims that these gummies contain no traces of THC. This means they contain CBD isolate.
They contain a blend of CBD, CBG, and vitamins B12, and B3. Each gummy contains 3 mg of CBD has a strawberry honey flavor.
A person can choose to purchase a pack of 30 or a test pack of 5. The manufacturer states a person should chew one gummy, 30 minutes before they need an energy boost.
Just Live Energy CBD Gummies are available to purchase online.
The below table compares the products in this article.
|Lazarus Naturals Energy Blend 25 mg CBD Capsules||Sky Organics Sweet Orange Energy Bath Bomb||Envy CBD Focus Essential Oil Roll-on||Just Live Energy CBD Gummies|
|CBD type||CBD isolate||broad-spectrum||full-spectrum||CBD isolate|
|Potency||250, 1000, or 5000 mg||60 mg||100 mg||3 mg per gummy|
It is important to choose CBD products based on criteria that are good indicators of safety, quality, and transparency. Each product in this article:
- is from a company that provides proof of third-party testing by an ISO 17025-compliant lab
- is made with hemp grown in the United States
- contains no more than
0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), according to the certificate of analysis (COA)
- passes safety checks for pesticides, heavy metals, and molds, according to the COA
People should also consider:
- company certifications and manufacturing processes
- product potency
- overall ingredients
- indicators of user trust and brand reputation, such as:
- customer reviews
- whether the company has been subject to a
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning letter
- whether the company makes any unsupported health claims
While CBD for energy is an excellent supplement to become more alert, other options can also help people stay energized. They include:
- Sleep: Lack of sleep is usually associated with lower energy levels. Getting enough sleep may support an energy boost.
- Caffeine: After making its way to the bloodstream, caffeine travels to the brain. It blocks inhibitory neurotransmitters known as adenosine, increasing energy levels. However, too much caffeine may result in energy loss.
- Ashwagandha: This medicinal herb may help relieve stress, improve focus, and increase energy levels.
- Fruits: Many different fruits, such as bananas, berries, and oranges, contain various vitamins and nutrients that can provide a jolt of energy.
- Water: Drinking water is essential for maintaining energy levels. Hydration is important for health as water is vital for every cell in the body to work properly.
Below we look at some common questions relating to CBD and energy.
Can CBD make you hyper?
There is no evidence that CBD, or any other compound in the C. sativa plant, can make a person hyperactive, or hyper. CBD is sometimes mixed with
Does CBD make you lazy?
Research suggests that tiredness is a common side effect of CBD. However, this research mostly analyzes CBD for the treatment of epilepsy and psychotic conditions.
However, fatigue is most likely to affect a person who takes their CBD in an oral form.
Does CBD help ADHD in adults?
The same study states that CBD may also aid the treatment of schizophrenia, cannabis-related disorders, social anxiety disorder, and autism spectrum disorder.
There are many CBD products available for people to try that may help increase their energy levels. While more research is necessary, it appears that CBD may be beneficial for improving energy and alertness.
There are many different CBD products that people may consider trying. However, before using any CBD products, it is advisable for people to consult their doctor.