We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
ContactLensKing is an online retailer that sells discounted contact lenses. The company stocks a range of different brands and lens types.
This article discusses the ContactLensKing brand, its products and services, alternative brands, and vision health.
ContactLensKing began trading in 2004, with its head offices in New York and Quebec, Canada.
The company’s mission statement is to provide customers with popular brands for the lowest possible price.
ContactLensKing claims they are one of the leading retailers in the contact lens industry.
ContactLensKing has an average customer rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. Of these reviews, 90% have awarded the company five stars, while 3% have scored them one star.
Positive reviews frequently mention that the brand provides good value for money, helpful customer service, and easy ordering.
Negative reviews mention problems with ordering and shipping.
The company has accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with a rating of A+. They have closed seven complaints in the last 3 years.
Their average customer review rating is 2.5 out of 5 stars out of a total of eight ratings.
ContactLensKing claims they stock the same brands of contact lenses as eye doctors for a lower price. The company states they are an authorized reseller for all the major contact lens brands they stock.
Some of the most popular brands available from the company include:
A person can filter their search based on the manufacturer of the contact lens as well as the brand.
ContactLensKing also sells a variety of lens types, including:
- daily, weekly, and monthly disposables
- colored contact lenses
- toric lenses or lenses for astigmatism
- bifocal or multifocal lenses
Reading glasses are available to buy via the ContactLensKing website. These are available in five colors and seven levels of strength. A person can also buy Solus cleaning solution from the brand.
People can save more money by making larger purchases and taking part in the ContactLensKing referral scheme. If a person refers a friend who places an order, they will receive $10 credit for the referral.
The ContactLensKing customer service team is available Monday to Friday within regular office hours. Individuals can contact them over the phone, via email, or through live chat on the company’s website.
A person can order contact lenses or reading glasses from ContactLensKing online. Once they have set up a profile, they can reorder items when required. They can also place orders over the phone.
ContactLensKing also has a scheme where a person can order for friends or family in the same purchase. They simply need to have the other person’s prescription, and they can add their details to their account.
To order contact lenses from ContactLensKing, a person needs a prescription from a qualified eye doctor.
ContactLensKing will confirm an individual has provided their correct information before processing orders. Customers can speed this process up by sending the company a copy of their prescription.
The next time they order, the process will be quicker as long as their prescription is still in date. Prescriptions are valid for at least 1 year, while some states in the United States validate them for 2 years.
ContactLensKing states that some insurance companies may reimburse people for their contact lens purchase. The company adds that their invoices provide all the information a person needs for insurer reimbursement, but they should check with their insurance company.
ContactLensKing also says that purchases are eligible for flexible spending accounts. However, cosmetic lenses that change a person’s eye color and do not correct their vision are exempt.
Once ContactLensKing has verified a person’s prescription, it ships orders within 1 business day.
The company offers delivery to U.S. and international customers.
Non-U.S. residents do not have to have their prescription verified. However, they are required to pay shipping charges and potential customs or tax fees.
Returns, refunds, and replacements
ContactLensKing offers a 30-day return policy, where they will accept returns if the lens box is unopened and in its original condition. People need to contact the brand’s customer service before returning lenses.
For any faulty or incorrect products, the company will send replacement products. A person may need to return the defective products using the ContactLensKing return address.
Alternative companies that sell contact lenses online include:
- Discount Contact Lenses: Offers similar brands to ContactLensKing, including online vision tests. Learn more about Discount Contact Lenses here.
- 1-800 Contacts: Provides a subscription service that automatically sends people new lenses when required. Learn more about 1-800 Contacts here.
- AC Lens: Stocks 42 popular brands of contact lenses with introductory offers for new customers. Learn more about AC Lens here.
People can purchase a pair of prescription eyeglasses instead of contact lenses if they feel they would be more suitable.
They can also contact a doctor about laser eye surgery or implantable contact lenses if they do not want to try contact lenses.
According to a
Another type of lens to consider is Ortho-K lenses. People wear these lenses during sleep, which temporarily reshapes the cornea to improve vision.
An older review from 2004 looking into the efficacy and safety of Ortho-K lenses found that users experienced significant improvements in their vision after wearing them, although these improvements decreased over time.
- eye pain
- red eyes
- light sensitivity
- sudden blurred vision
- watery eyes
Research shows the benefits of long-term use of daily disposable contact lenses, and eye care professionals recommend contact lenses to most people needing vision correction.
- Not sleeping with contact lenses on: Sleeping with contacts in means a person is eight times more likely to develop an eye infection.
- Wash hands: People should wash their hands before and after inserting contact lenses. They also need to dry their hands thoroughly before touching lenses.
- Keep contacts away from water: Individuals should not wear contacts while showering or swimming as this can attract germs and raise the risk of contracting an infection.
- Clean the lenses: People should always use contact lens solution and not water to clean their lenses.
- Take care of the contact lens case: A person should only clean the case with lens solution and dry it with a clean tissue. They should also replace cases every 3 months.
ContactLensKing stocks commonly available and popular brands of contact lenses on their website at generally lower prices than other retailers.
A person must have a valid prescription to buy lenses from the company if they live in the U.S.
Contact lenses are a popular method of vision correction with high levels of satisfaction from customers and widespread recommendations by eye doctors.