We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Coop Home Goods offers pillows and support pillows in various shapes and sizes to accommodate different sleeping preferences and needs.
People looking to purchase a new pillow may wish to bear various factors in mind, including the materials, cost, and comfort level.
In this article, we provide an overview of the Coop brand and the pillows it sells. We also suggest some alternative brands for people to consider.
Coop Home Goods is a family-owned business that started in 2013. Having its own textile company, it developed pillows that it claims provide support and comfort.
The brand also offers other customizable sleeping products.
The online reviews of Coop’s pillows are generally positive. Customers have awarded both the Original and Eden pillows 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon. These scores take into account more than 40,000 and 10,000 ratings from reviewers worldwide, respectively.
These numbers were correct at the time of publishing this article.
Positive customer reviews say that Coop pillows are of high quality and good value for money. Coop’s good customer service and the adjustability of certain pillow models also get frequent mentions.
The majority of the company’s negative reviews are due to the odor of the pillows, which stays even after a few washes. Repeat buyers also mention that the pillows flatten, become lumpy, and lose their fluffiness over time.
Coop produces a variety of pillows, from bed pillows to support pillows. They offer customers a 5-year warranty and a 100-night sleep trial.
The production of Coop’s bed pillows takes place in the United States, but the company imports its support pillows.
All pillows have CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certification, while the pillow and mattress protectors are OEKO-TEX-certified. All of the company’s materials are hypoallergenic.
Below, we look in more detail at some of Coop’s pillow models.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely research-based.
It comes in standard (20 x 26 inches [in]), queen (20 x 30 in), and king (20 x 36 in) sizes. The customer also receives a bag containing an extra 0.5 pound (lb) of fill so that they can adjust the density.
The medium-firm density fill uses a mix of microfiber and cross-cut memory foam. The case contains polyester and bamboo-derived viscose rayon, while the liner comprises stretchy polyester.
Coop recommends this pillow for people who like soft pillows, prefer to sleep on their stomach, or tend to sweat while sleeping.
As with the Original model, this pillow comes in standard, queen, and king sizes and includes an extra 0.5-lb bag of fill.
The fill uses a mix of viscoelastic polyurethane and polyester. The case is made of polyester and bamboo-derived viscose rayon with a 100% polyester ribbon gusset, and there is a stretchy polyester liner.
Aside from its two bestseller pillows, Coop offers the following pillows:
- Body Pillow: This pillow is 20 x 54 in and suitable for people who want full body support.
- Travel and Camping Pillow: This pillow is a portable and small Coop’s Original Pillow variant, measuring 19 x 13 in. It comes with a teal sack that compresses the pillow to 10 x 6 in for easy packing.
- Toddler Pillow: This pillow is a kid-sized version of the Original Pillow.
- Four Position Support Pillow: This product comes with a memory foam pillow and a removable foam insert. It supports various sleeping positions.
- Knee Pillow: The shape of this pillow allows people to place it between their legs while side sleeping, which the company says can help reduce back pain.
Other Coop products
Coop also offers other sleep products:
Several other brands offer similar pillows and sleeping products. These include:
- Avocado: This company offers organic, nontoxic pillows. Learn more about Avocado mattresses here.
- Casper: This brand sells a variety of sleeping products, including pillows and beddings. Learn more about Casper pillows here.
- Mediflow: This brand offers a variety of customizable water pillows.
- Snuggle-Pedic: This company provides pillows, bedding, and bedding accessories.
Before buying a pillow, a person should consider their personal preferences and needs, including:
People with allergies can look for an Allergy Standards Ltd (ASL) certificate.
People who are looking for eco-friendly, organic, and cruelty-free pillows can check for the following certifications:
- Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS)
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- GREENGUARD Gold
- United States Department of Agriculture Organic
- OEKO-TEX Standard 100
It is also a good idea to check a product’s warranties and return policies.
Sleep is vital for the body’s functioning. A
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration also reported that drowsy drivers were responsible for 1.9% of fatalities in 2019.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) and the Sleep Research Society recommend that adults aim for at least 7 hours of sleep every night to avoid the health risks from repeatedly not having enough sleep.
Similarly, a 2020 systematic review found that specific pillow parameters, such as a contoured pillow design and a cooling surface, could improve sleep quality and spinal alignment.
The AASM recommends that people promote good sleep hygiene by:
- exercising regularly
- turning off electronic devices at least half an hour before going to bed
- refraining from eating too close to bedtime
- keeping the sleeping environment dark, quiet, and cool
When to see a doctor
A person should speak with a sleep doctor if they frequently experience the following:
Coop offers a range of pillows and bedding products to suit people with different sleep needs and preferences.
People should look at a pillow’s specifications, such as the material and certifications, before purchasing it. It can be useful to compare online reviews to help determine which product might be most suitable, but it is important to bear in mind that each person has unique sleep needs.
Although a comfortable pillow can improve sleep quality, it cannot cure any health conditions. People should see a doctor if they consistently have trouble sleeping or have recurring or persistent neck pain.