We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
DreamCloud are a newer online mattress company that sell and ship mattresses to customers across the United States.
The company offer two hybrid mattress models and several bedding accessories. Read on to learn more about the DreamCloud mattresses and alternative brands.
DreamCloud, owned by parent company Resident, is one of many online-only mattress companies. They sell hybrid mattresses that comprise both foam and coils. The company also sell accessories such as bed frames, bases, sheets, and other bedding products.
DreamCloud list more than 4,200 reviews on their website, with an average rating of nearly 5 out of 5 stars. Many of these testimonials state that the mattress is comfortable and helps with aches and pains, while people also praise the company’s easy ordering system.
However, DreamCloud’s listing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) features primarily negative reviews. Of 141 reviews posted to BBB’s website, the company averages 1.3 out of 5 stars. Common complaints focus on shipping issues, rude or unhelpful customer service, missing parts, or trouble returning the mattress.
The BBB also indicate DreamCloud has been in business for 3 years. During this time, 380 customer complaints were closed. In the past 12 months, people filed 281 complaints with the company.
It is possible that DreamCloud filter reviews on their website to show only positive ratings. A person thinking of purchasing a mattress from this company may wish to review the information offered by the BBB before purchasing.
DreamCloud offer two different hybrid mattresses and several bedding products. We describe these items in greater detail below.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
The DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattress
According to the company’s website, the original DreamCloud features:
- multiple layers for comfort and support
- quilted foam and cashmere top
- gel memory foam layer that contours to a person’s shape and provides pressure point relief
- individually-wrapped coils to provide adaptive support
In addition, this mattress has a medium-firm feel and a cooling effect in the top layer, which may prevent overheating during sleep. The mattress also meets CertiPUR-US standards for emissions and quality.
DreamCloud claim that their mattress allows people with aches and pains to wake up pain-free. However, there is no medical research to support this.
Each DreamCloud mattress purchase includes:
- a lifetime warranty
- 365-day trial period
- free shipping and returns
The DreamCloud Premier Mattress
The DreamCloud Premier offers many of the same benefits as the brand’s original hybrid mattress. However, it features one extra layer of foam above the coil layer to reduce motion across the bed.
Similar to the Luxury model, the Premier includes:
- a 365-day trial
- a lifetime warranty
- CertiPUR-US certificate
- free shipping
Bases and frames
DreamCloud offer a variety of frames and bases for their beds. They range in size based on the mattresses and features they offer. Available options include:
- DreamCloud Metal Bed Frame: A basic option starting from $95 that requires a platform bed or box spring.
- DreamCloud Adjustable Bed Frame: Allows a person to raise and lower the head and feet and works with both mattresses. Prices start at $699 for a queen size.
- DreamCloud Platform Bed: A basic platform to support DreamCloud mattresses, available from $250.
- DreamCloud Bed Frame with Headboard: A combination of frame and headboard, available in two colors from $350.
DreamCloud also offer sheets, mattress protectors, weighted blankets, and pillows that work with their mattresses. The basic options include:
- Luxury Cotton Sheet Set: A basic sheet set that fits mattresses, available from $150.
- Memory Foam Pillows: Choose from contoured or flat pillows according to preference.
- Premium Mattress Protector: Covers the mattress to protect from spills while helping prevent allergens. Prices start from $105.
- BlanQuil Quilted Weighted Blanket With Removable Cover: A weighted blanket with a removable cover for cleaning, costing $169.
A person can add DreamCloud accessories to any mattress order.
Several companies sell a bed in a box with similar features, warranties, and trial periods. Alternative brands include the below:
- Nectar offer two versions of memory foam mattresses, along with several accessories.
- Purple sell memory foam and hybrid mattresses and accessories.
- Casper offer hybrid and memory foam mattresses and accessories.
During sleep, people put pressure on various parts of their body, which many refer to as pressure points. According to
- parts of the back
- the shoulders
- the buttocks
DreamCloud state the foam layers within their mattresses provide support and relief for pressure points. However, in the same research above, participants found greater relief from a latex mattress over a foam variant.
A person who does not find a DreamCloud mattress comfortable should consider taking advantage of the company’s return policy.
DreamCloud are an online mattress company that allows a person to choose and purchase a mattress and have the product shipped directly to their door.
The company sell two variations of their mattress, with extra foam offering additional comfort to the sleeper. People looking for a supportive mattress may find that the DreamCloud offer suitable options.
Although reviews on their site are positive, the BBB features several negative reviews that a person may wish to consider before purchase.