We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
The Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool humidifier is an air purifier, humidifier, and fan. It features a 2-year warranty and is suitable for larger rooms.
This article discusses what the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool is, its features, and how it compares to other similar products.
The Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool is a multifunctional device that acts as an all-in-one purifier, humidifier, and fan.
At the time of publishing, users have given this device an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars on the company’s website. Positive reviews state that the Pure Humidify+Cool works well, with one customer saying the product helped clear their nasal congestion. Other people say it helps those with allergies and asthma.
However, negative reviewers stated the device has a short lifespan, with several customers reporting that the product stopped working within a few months of purchase. Others said they experienced delays and difficulties when ordering replacement parts.
Dyson has been operating since 1991 and manufactures many household appliances. The company sells its products in 65 countries.
At the time of publishing, Dyson US has an average customer rating of 1.5 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. However, the company has accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), which gives the company an A+ grade. Dyson Inc. has a customer rating of 1.11 out of 5 on this review platform.
Positive reviews from Trustpilot mention good experiences with the Dyson team when processing returns and exchanges.
However, those who left negative reviews stated that its customer service team was unhelpful when processing returns and replacements. Several people also said they experienced long wait times while calling, while others received broken products and replacement parts.
The Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool is suitable for rooms up to 400 square feet (sq. ft.). Dyson recommends locating this product on the floor during use.
The Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool has the following features:
- Automatic sensors: It detects and removes pollutants and other airborne particles and gases, including smoke.
- High-efficiency particulate absorbing filter (HEPA) filter: This high-efficiency filter removes 99.97% of very small allergens, such as dust and pollen, as well as gases.
- Smart device compatibility: The device automatically detects temperature, air quality status, and humidity, and a user can view these statistics via the Dyson Link App. People can also use Amazon Alexa and Siri to control the device.
- Fan: The product has a breeze mode, which mimics a cool breeze by varying the airflow. A person can choose between 0, 45, and 90 degrees of oscillation.
- Night mode: People can activate this mode to dim the display and quieten the motor.
- Timer: A person can program the device to switch off automatically at certain intervals between 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- Deep clean cycle: With a button press, the device will activate its deep cleaning process to remove any bacteria buildup.
- Large tank: The water tank holds one gallon, which provides 36 hours of continuous humidification.
The Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool weighs 18.28 pounds, is 11.02 inches (in) in diameter, and has a height of 36.42 in.
With a purchase of this device, Dyson offers:
- free shipping
- a 30-day returns policy
- a 2-year parts and labor warranty
At the time of publishing, the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool is available from the Dyson website, with prices starting from $799.99.
Before purchasing the Dyson Humidify+Cool, people may wish to consider its advantages and disadvantages.
- works as a humidifier, air purifier, and fan
- easy to clean with an in-built deep cleaning mode
- controllable via a smartphone or Amazon Alexa
- suitable for larger rooms
- many negative reviews of Dyson’s warranties and products on Trustpilot
- some customers report the product has a short lifespan
- is more expensive than some competitors
The Dyson website claims that the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool is the first humidifier purifier recognized by the National Psoriasis Foundation.
Health benefits of humidifiers
Humidifiers may benefit individuals who use computers. A 2017 study found that participants who looked at a computer screen for 1 hour while using a desktop humidifier reported their eyes felt less dry than those who did not use a humidifier.
Health benefits of air purifiers
There is evidence that air purifiers can decrease the amount of fine particle matter inside buildings. A
However, neither of these products features a fan in addition to the humidifier and purifier. Therefore, the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool does not appear to have any direct competitors.
|Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool||Sharp Plasmacluster KC-850UH||Venta LW25 Airwasher|
|Price||starts at $799.99||$399.99||$299.99|
|Coverage||400 sq. ft.||254 sq. ft.||430 sq. ft.|
|Water tank||1 gallon||0.96 gallon||2 gallons|
|Features||HEPA filter |
sensors that read air quality, humidity, and temperature
automatic deep clean cycle
|HEPA filter |
monitors air quality and humidity levels
plasmacluster ion technology to eliminate tiny particles
filters last up to 5 years
|reduces pollutants at a humidity level of 40-60% |
does not use filters, only water
six fragrance options
needs manual cleaning
|Warranty||2-years parts and labor||no information available||2 years|
Below are some frequently asked questions about the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool.
Can I switch off the humidifier and purifier?
A person can use the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool as a fan if they wish. However, the product will not increase the humidity of the room or filter the air when these features are deactivated.
How do I clean the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool and how often do I have to do this?
The machine has a deep clean cycle, which a person can activate with a button press.
The Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool will alert a person when it requires a deep clean, usually once per month. It will also alert users when the filter requires changing.
How effective is the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool?
According to the Dyson website, this device captures 99.97% of allergens.
To ensure the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool runs effectively, people need to change the filters and perform a deep clean cycle when the machine recommends it.
The Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool is a multifunction product featuring a humidifier, air purifier, and fan. People can control the machine through the Dyson app or by using Siri or Amazon Alexa.
Research suggests that humidifiers and air purifiers may reduce the infectivity of the influenza virus and remove fine particles in the air. However, people should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using these products and changing their filters.
Please note: Medical News Today does not imply warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or endorse any of these applications. Nobody at MNT has evaluated these apps for medical accuracy. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved them unless otherwise indicated.