Englander is a bedding company that offer three different mattress models, including latex models and an air mattress.
This article discusses the Englander brand and reputation, the mattresses they offer, and alternative options people may wish to consider.
Max Englander founded the Englander Mattress Company in New York City, NY, in 1894. During World War I, the company began providing handmade “Red Cross Mattresses.” By 1957, the company were producing latex and latex hybrid mattresses.
Englander design and build their mattresses in the United States. All their latex mattresses have OEKO-TEX Class 1 certification, which means that the latex they use contains little to no harmful substances.
The company do not include reviews on their website. However, they sell one of their mattresses through Amazon, where customers can share product feedback.
The air mattress reviews are mostly positive, with customers saying that the bed is durable and comfortable to sleep on.
However, several reviewers note their concerns about the bed leaking within a few days of purchase, or support beams breaking, leading to a bubbling effect on the mattress and making it uncomfortable to sleep on.
In the sections below, we present the types of mattresses Englander offer.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
Englander Latex Hybrid Mattress
The Latex Hybrid mattresses come in three models: Echelon, Elation, and Elect. The Elect mattress is on the firmer side, the Elation model is softer, and the Echelon is the plushest of all three.
Each mattress has multiple layers:
- The first panel has fibers that feel soft to the touch and prevent people from overheating.
- The second layer consists of Talalay latex, a material that prevents people from sinking into the mattress.
- The third layer contains copper-infused memory foam that the company say has healing properties and supports the body.
- The fourth layer has open air microcoils that create channels for heat to escape the mattress.
- The fifth layer is more Talalay latex to further support the construction of the mattress.
- The sixth layer has fabric-encased innersprings that provide support no matter the sleeping position, making the layer adaptable to a person’s body.
Each mattress contains 95% recycled steel.
All of Englander Latex Hybrid mattresses come in the following sizes: twin, twin XL, full, queen, and king.
Englander 100% Latex Mattress
The 100% Latex mattresses come in either 10-inch (in) or 12-in thickness. The 10-in mattress is slightly firmer, whereas the 12-in one is plush.
The top panel of this mattress contains organic cotton fabric that feels soft to the touch.
The remaining material is 100% natural Talalay latex that supports the body and provides comfort, preventing people from sinking into the mattress.
The 100% latex mattresses come in twin, twin XL, full, queen, and king sizes.
Englander Air Mattress
The Englander Air mattress contains welded seams and reinforced beams that prevent sinking while providing stability and durability.
A microfiber shell encases the mattress that has thermoregulation and prevents overheating during the night.
The mattress also comes with a built-in high output pump, which the manufacturer claim can inflate and deflate the mattress with up to 10% higher airflow volume than that of other brands.
The Air Mattress also comes with a 5-year warranty against defects. It is available in two sizes: twin and queen.
There are many alternatives to latex, latex hybrid, and air mattresses. These include:
- foam mattresses, such as memory foam, that provide pressure relief
- innerspring mattresses, which have coils that compress under the weight of the body and provide support
- gel mattresses, which provide a cooling effect
- pillow top mattresses, which can offer more comfort, durability, and bounce
- hybrid mattresses, with often have a type of foam and innerspring coils
There are several factors to consider when buying a new mattress, including:
- number and type of coils
It is important to find a mattress that gives people the restful quality of sleep they need. If a person does not have an adequate amount of sleep, they are at risk of developing short- and long-term side effects.
Short-term side effects can include being drowsy and finding it difficult to concentrate, while long-term side effects include:
- unintentional weight gain
- higher risk of type 2 diabetes
- higher risk of cardiovascular conditions, such as heart disease and stroke
- increase in blood pressure
- higher risk of developing mental health conditions, such as depression and anxiety
- increase in pain in certain conditions, such as arthritis
Englander are a company that began making mattresses over 100 years ago. While they specialize in latex and latex hybrid mattresses, they also offer an air mattress.
Englander mattresses differ in firmness, which means that most people can find a mattress that will suit their sleeping styles and positions.
It is important to find a mattress appropriate for individual needs, as having an inadequate quality of sleep or not getting enough sleep may lead to short- and long-term side effects.