We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Eyemart Express offers a range of prescription and nonprescription glasses, sunglasses, and safety glasses from in-house or designer brands. Its products are available for purchase online or in-store.
This article explores the Eyemart Express brand, its reputation, products, services, and more.
Eyemart Express opened its first store in Appleton, Wisconsin, in 1991. Today, the company operates 200 stores across 38 states.
The majority of negative reviews noted issues with the brand’s customer service and inaccurate prescriptions. Customers who gave positive reviews appreciated the company’s product quality, shopping experience, and helpful staff.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented here is purely research-based.
Eyemart Express offers around 120 frame brands, which comprise a combination of designer and in-store frames. They also sell lenses, sunglasses, and American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-certified safety glasses.
Eyemart Express has several options for prescription lenses:
- single vision
- lined bifocal
- lined trifocal
- no-line progressive
- light changing
The brand offers additional lens options, including scratch-resistance, UV-coating, and nonglare technology. Customers can choose from four lens types:
- CR39 plastic: The standard lens of Eyemart Express’s basic eyewear.
- Polycarbonate: Thin, light, and impact resistant. Eye experts recommend them for children and people who take part in sports.
- High-index plastic: These are thin and light lenses that may suit people with strong prescriptions.
- Trivex: These are suitable for people with low and high prescriptions. They are durable, thin, and impact-resistant.
Customers may also apply UltraXLenses to their lenses, which Eyemart Express claims utilize state-of-the-art technology. The options include:
- UltraXHD offers more clarity, sharpness, and a wider field of view.
- UltraXBlu filters UV and blue light.
- UltraXAR reduces glare and eye fatigue.
For sunglasses, customers can choose from eight lens colors and three tint levels. Eyemart Express also offers polarized and mirrored lenses.
People can buy ANSI-certified safety glasses in over 40 styles.
Eyemart Express does not offer its products for purchase online for new customers, who need to go to a local store. Only people who purchase a complete pair, including the lens and frame, in-store can set up an online account. A trained optician can upload a person’s prescription into the system.
Customers buying prescription glasses will need a current and valid prescription.
The waiting time for orders depends on the type of lenses and other features that a customer orders. Eyemart Express states that since they make glasses in-store, people can claim them within the same day, potentially within 30 minutes. However, special orders may take up to 7–14 business days.
The online store will send recommended frames based on the person’s frame style, lens style, and other needs. Existing customers who have new prescriptions can simply update their prescriptions through their online accounts.
Payment and insurance
Eyemart Express stores accept cash, check, all major credit cards, Sunbit, and Care Credit. They also accept major credit cards for online payments.
The company also offers a 20% discount for military, school faculty and staff, and first responders such as police officers, EMTs, firefighters, and healthcare workers.
Eyemart Express accepts over 1,000 insurance plans. If a person’s plan is not on the list, they may call their local store or walk in and ask for help from an associate. The company also accepts Medicare and Medicaid plans, depending on the location — check with the local store beforehand.
Eyemart Express does not accept insurance for online orders. However, people may use the receipt of their online purchase to request reimbursement from their insurance companies.
Eyemart Express offers free frame restyling for 30 days and prescription changes within 90 days. People can also walk into a store and request minor repairs such as nose pad replacements and adjustments.
To cancel an order, a person needs to contact EyeMart Express customer care.
Eyemart Express offers free shipping of online purchases through standard courier shipping but not expedited shipping. The company ships most glasses from its optical labs within 3–5 business days.
All Eyemart Express frames come with a 1-year warranty that covers physical damage. However, this does not cover loss or stolen frames and lens damage.
Customers may opt-in to the Protection Plus plan for extended coverage, covering lens and frame damage for 1 year. This includes UV and tint damage, as well as lens scratches.
There are many similar brands to Eyemart Express that allow people to purchase online without visiting a physical store. Examples include:
- America’s Best: Sells contact lenses and glasses in online and physical stores. Learn more about America’s Best here.
- GlassesUSA: Offers a variety of glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses online. Learn more about GlassesUSA here.
- Warby Parker: Allows individuals to try five different frames at home before making a purchase online. Learn more about Warby Parker here.
In the United States, around
- undergoing a comprehensive dilated eye exam
- managing blood sugar if they have diabetes
- finding out if their family history puts them at risk for certain eye diseases
- consuming foods that are suitable to maintain eye health
- maintaining a moderate weight
- wearing protective gear when necessary
According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, a person should immediately see an ophthalmologist if they experience the following:
Eyemart Express sells a vast range of eyecare products in-store and online. They offer prescription and nonprescription glasses, sunglasses, and safety glasses. People need to buy a complete pair in-store before making an online account and purchasing through their online store.