We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Fulvic acid products have potential anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacteiral benefits for the skin. They can help treat skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Some people may also consume fulvic acid as a supplement to treat other inflammatory conditions, such as digestive issues.
Fulvic acid is a part of humic substances found in the humus of soil. Farmers have long recognized this compound’s potential for improving plant growth. Fulvic acid can help plants absorb nutrients and increase seed production.
As fulvic acid is a natural substance created through the process of decomposition, it has shown promise and potential in skin care products.
Keep reading to learn more about fulvic acid in skin care, the uses, benefits, effectiveness, products that contain it, and alternatives to fulvic acid.
Humic substances, such as fulvic acid, have astringent activity — whereby skin cells contract — to promote:
- skin cleansing
- tightening of pores
- reducing oily secretions
- decreasing itch and irritation
The compound also has a protective effect against ultraviolet radiation. Therefore, it may help slow down aging when used in skin care products.
How widely is it used?
However, it has only recently gained more widespread popularity as an ingredient in mainstream skin care products.
Creams or lotions that contain fulvic acid are an effective and well-tolerated option for the management of eczema.
As it is a natural substance fulvic acid may also be a suitable alternative for long-term, day-to-day use to treat these types of skin conditions.
A person should consult a dermatologist before trying this type of product on their skin.
People with inflammatory conditions would benefit from taking fulvic acid as a supplement. These conditions may include:
Fulvic acid also has antioxidant qualities and may improve brain health. For example, it can help protect against cognitive impairment seen in neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease.
The results of this small-scale study prompt further investigation into the treatment of eczema with fulvic acid.
Additional results from a
When using a new product on the skin, a person should consider doing a patch test and applying a small amount on their body to make sure an allergic reaction does not develop.
There are a number of highly ranked skin care products that contain fulvic acid on the market today, including:
- Fulvic Acid Brightening Cleanser contains 0.5% fulvic acid to exfoliate dull or uneven skin. This product is suitable for people with different skin types, from normal and dry to combination and oily. It also contains plum and licorice root extract to nourish and brighten skin, respectively.
- Moor Cream Cleanser is specially formulated for city dwellers looking to combat environmental stress on the skin. This cleanser contains fulvic acid to help prevent acne and counter the effects of aging. This cleanser also contains eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, and camphor oils to soothe and revitalize skin.
- Fulvic Recharge Mineral Concentrate offers a welcome addition to any skin care regimen. These drops contain over 70 different minerals geared to improve overall health. These supplemental drops may also positively impact gut wellness and increase energy levels. People can add them to drinks or absorb them under the tongue.
Fulvic acid may not work for everyone. Luckily, there are many different skin care treatments to try as an alternative.
Retinol is another popular ingredient that can help build up the epidermis or the body’s top skin layer. It can also stimulate the growth of new skin cells and collagen production.
For more mature-looking skin, products that contain hyaluronic acid may do the trick. This ingredient can reduce skin dryness and decrease the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
To find out more about alternatives to fulvic acid, a person can consult a dermatologist or other medical professional.
Fulvic acid is a natural compound that people have been using as a natural remedy for centuries. This compound can reduce inflammation and support skin wellness.
Products that contain fulvic acid may help treat skin conditions or prevent certain effects of aging. It is a generally safe additive that is suitable for all skin types.