We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
GlassesUSA are an online retailer selling prescription and non-prescription glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses, with various styles and brands on offer. Reviews for this brand are generally positive.
GlassesUSA started trading in 2009, and they are an online eyewear retailer catering for adults and children. They offer designer and in-house brands featuring a wide range of frames and styles. The company also provide a choice of contact lenses.
All lenses, including sunglasses, can be either prescription or non-prescription, with the company claiming to have over 7,000 frames in stock.
Positive reviews mention the choice of products and affordable prices, while negative reviews frequently cite delivery issues.
On the GlassesUSA website, individuals can search for frames and sunglasses by categories that include:
- designer brands
A person can also narrow their selection using filters to show only the products suitable to their needs, such as frame shape, color, and price range.
As well as their more affordable in-house styles, GlassesUSA stock a variety of designer labels. The company are a certified reseller of all the designer brands they feature.
In addition to the different frame models and brands they stock, GlassesUSA regularly offer clearance sales and other promotions.
Trying on glasses
People can upload a photo of themselves to the GlassesUSA website or take an instant photo with their webcam to see how their chosen glasses will look on them. A person does not need to login to the website or create an account to use this service.
Adding a prescription
Once a person chooses their frames, they can upload a photo of their prescription or manually add these details. If this information is not available, individuals can download an application to their smartphone to scan their current lenses. The app will automatically detect the lens prescription.
A person can also customize their lenses with protective coatings such as anti-scratch or ultraviolet (UV) protection.
Guarantees and warranties
GlassesUSA products include a 100% money-back guarantee within 14 days of ordering and a 365-day warranty. They also have free shipping and returns, as well as 24-hour customer service.
Below are important factors to consider when purchasing glasses.
Many modern frames consist of plastic, a more lightweight material than metal frames that may be stronger and more hardwearing.
Eco-friendly wooden frames are sometimes available as another lightweight alternative.
Frame and lens size
Frames come in varying sizes, and a person’s specific facial measurements will determine the fit they need. Glasses should fit nicely on the bridge of an individual’s nose. If the fit is incorrect, the glasses may pinch, slip, or fall.
A person’s prescription will determine the thickness of the lens they require. Usually, a higher prescription involves a thicker lens.
People can help reduce or avoid headaches and eye strain by ensuring their lenses have an up-to-date prescription.
A retailer will frequently offer the following optional protective coating services:
- Anti-reflective coating: Reduces glare, prevents eyestrain, and could benefit those using screens for long periods, a well as those who drive at night.
- UV coating: Protects eyes from the sun’s radiation.
- Anti-scratch coating: Protects glasses against scratches.
According to the
Recent research studying the importance of eyeglasses is limited. However, a
An optometrist can then write or update a prescription for glasses or contact lenses as needed.
According to NEI recommendations, other ways to keep a person’s eyes healthy include:
- finding out if their family have a medical history of eye disease
- eating healthful foods
- participating in regular physical activity
- avoiding smoking
- wearing appropriate eye protection when needed
- taking frequent breaks from digital screens
The NEI also note that while eye exams and eye prescriptions can be expensive, there may be
Dilated eye exams
As many eye diseases have no symptoms or warning signs, optometrists can conduct a
GlassesUSA are one of several large optical retailers. Other companies offering similar services include:
- Warby Parker: Allow individuals to try up to five different frames at home, with no extra charge. Learn more about Warby Parker here.
- EyeBuyDirect: Claim to be one of the most affordable online retailers for glasses. Learn more about EyeBuyDirect here.
- Felix Gray: Specialize in blue-light filter eyewear. Learn more about Felix Gray here.
- Lensabl: Claim to sell frames cheaper than retail stores. Learn more about Lensabl here.
GlassesUSA are an online eyewear retailer, offering various styles and lens options, as well as designer brands.
Customers can upload their prescriptions and customize their glasses with various protective coatings.
The NEI offer information on how a person may receive help with vision and eye care costs.