We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Joy Organics is a company that sells products containing cannabidiol (CBD) online. These may help reduce stress, support the muscles and joints, and improve sleep patterns. Joy Organics offers CBD creams, tinctures, bath bombs, gummies, and more, including pet products.
- Best CBD tincture: Fresh Lime: Organic Full Spectrum CBD Tincture with THC
- Best CBD softgels: Broad Spectrum CBD Softgels
- Best CBD bath bomb: CBD Bath Bombs
- Best CBD gummies: Vegan CBD Gummies
Is CBD legal?The 2018 Farm Bill removed hemp from the legal definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act. This made some hemp-derived CBD products with less than 0.3% THC federally legal. However, CBD products containing more than 0.3% THC still fall under the legal definition of marijuana, making them federally illegal but legal under some state laws. Be sure to check state laws, especially when traveling. Also, keep in mind that the FDA has not approved nonprescription CBD products, and some products may be inaccurately labeled.
Joy Organics has been producing CBD products since 2018 to provide natural remedies for pain and sleep problems.
The company manufactures broad- and full-spectrum CBD products that are cruelty-free and have undergone third-party testing.
It uses organic farming processes that test the ingredients’ potency, quality, and consistency. Joy Organics claims that its broad-spectrum oil undergoes a chromatography process that removes THC.
Joy Organics provides broad-spectrum CBD products for humans and pets. All of the products with the exception of the softgels and salve are vegan-friendly.
People can choose between tinctures, capsules, gummies, or vapes. This may appeal to people who like to choose which product to purchase based on factors such as ease of use.
Joy Organics may be suitable for people who wish to use gummies and other edibles for overall wellness, or oils and other topicals for targeted relief from symptoms of inflammation and pain.
However, it is important to consult a medical professional before taking CBD to ensure it will not interact with any existing medications. It is also important to consult a veterinarian before giving CBD products to pets.
Joy Organics offers customers a wide variety of CBD products which include tinctures, gels, salves, and creams.
Below is an overview of Joy Organics’ products including doses and prices:
|• 10 mg of CBD per softgel|
• 25 mg of CBD per softgel
|Gummies||• broad-spectrum |
• delta-9 THC
|• 25 mg of CBD per gummy|
• 30 mg of CBD per gummy
|• 15 mg of CBDper milliliter (ml)|
• 30 mg of CBD per ml
• 45 mg of CBD per ml
• 75 mg of CBD per ml
|Topicals||• broad-spectrum salve|
• broad-spectrum bath bomb
• broad-spectrum sports cream
• broad-spectrum CBD cream
• full-spectrum massage oil
|• 500 mg of CBD per jar|
• 25 mg of CBD per bath bomb
• 1,000 mg of CBD per bottle
• 250 mg per bottle
• 500 mg per bottle
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Best CBD tincture:
Fresh Lime: Organic Full Spectrum CBD Tincture with THC
- Price: $69.95
- CBD dose: 30, 45, or 75 mg per ml
- Type of CBD: full-spectrum
Joy Organics claims this tincture may reduce stress and encourage healthy sleep.
Learn more about CBD tinctures here.
The product contains full-spectrum CBD, THC, organic medium-chain triglycerides oil, stevia, and other ingredients.
Joy Organics recommends that individuals use a single serving of this tincture per day. The bottle weighs 1 ounce (oz) and contains 30 servings.
The product is available in different strengths and amounts and at different prices:
|CBD strength per serving||CBD strength per bottls||Price|
|15 mg||450 mg||$44.95|
|30 mg||900 mg||$69.95|
|45 mg||1,350 mg||$89.95|
|75 mg||2,250 mg||$129.95|
Pros and cons
An advantage of this product is that it contains full-spectrum CBD and it is available in different CBD doses. This may benefit those who prefer to use products that contain THC and those who wish to try different strengths.
However, people may prefer an unflavored CBD oil to a flavored one. Others may prefer a different form of edible CBD, such as gummies, which may be easier to take on the go.
Best CBD softgels: Broad Spectrum CBD Softgels
- Price: from $39.95
- CBD dose: 10 or 25 mg
- Type of CBD: broad-spectrum
The company states these softgels have a faster absorption rate due to nanoemulsion technology. They contain broad-spectrum hemp oil and no traces of THC.
Learn more about CBD capsules here.
There are 30 servings in a bottle, and each softgel contains 10 mg or 25 mg of CBD.
People can take these softgels at any time of day. Some may prefer taking them in the morning or before or after working out.
Pros and cons
An advantage of these softgels is that they contain nonemulsion technology, which the company claims ensures people experience the effects of CBD faster than with other products.
However, this product does not contain THC, which some people may prefer. Additionally, these softgels are not suitable for vegans as they contain gelatin.
Best CBD bath bomb: CBD Bath Bombs
- Price: $19.95 per box
- CBD dose: 25 mg per bath bomb
- Type of CBD: broad-spectrum
According to Joy Organics, these can reduce stress and support sore muscles and joints.
Ingredients of these CBD bath bombs include 25 mg of broad-spectrum CBD, citric acid, lavender oil, and organic coconut oil.
People can use these bath bombs anytime they want, but they should keep them dry until they are ready to use them.
Pros and cons
An advantage of these bath bombs is that they contain lavender oil which may
A disadvantage of this product is that some people may experience skin irritation when using essential oils.
Learn more about CBD bath bombs here.
Best CBD gummies: Organic CBD Gummies
- Price: from $39.95 per jar of 30 gummies
- CBD dose: available in 10 and 25 mg per gummy
- Type of CBD: broad-spectrum
The Joy Organics website states that these CBD gummies may help people manage stress and improve focus.
These gummies are available in either a 10 or 25 mg dose of broad-spectrum CBD. A person can take these gummies in the morning, afternoon, or evening.
The gummies are free from gluten, corn syrup, and genetically modified organisms. They are also vegan and available in two flavors: strawberry lemonade and green apple.
Pros and cons
The advantages of these gummies are that they are available in more than one flavor, and are free from artificial flavors, colors, or dyes. Additionally, these gummies are suitable for vegans as they do not contain gelatin.
Some disadvantages of this product are that people cannot easily or accurately take a smaller dose than 25 mg of CBD per gummy.
Below is a list of some advantages and disadvantages of shopping with Joy Organics:
- The company offers financing options in monthly payments and subscription options.
- Products come with a 30-day return policy.
- All products are cruelty-free.
- Joy Organics CBD products are more costly than those of some competitors.
- International shipping is not available.
- Not all products are suitable for vegans.
- There is no mention of research to support the claims of the benefits of specific products.
Joy Organics states that its product manufacturing entails a 6-step process to ensure the highest quality of CBD. This process involves:
- USDA-certified organic farming: The company uses organic hemp from USDA Organic-certified farms in the United States.
- Hemp flower processing: The buds go through a milling process to ensure freshness.
- Proprietary Extraction: The company extracts and purifies the oil to ensure it is solvent, pesticide, fat, and wax free.
- THC removal: The company removes THC from the oil via a USDA organic-certified chromatography process.
- Product development and manufacturing: The company states that the facility that develops and manufactures products is FDA-registered, USDA Organic certified, and follows
Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Third-party lab testing: The company sends all batches for third-party lab testing in an ISO-certified lab.
Joy Organics displays all batch reports and certificates of analysis (COA) on its website. People can also scan the QR code on any of the products to find current COAs.
Joy Organics holds accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB gives this company an A+ grade. Customers give it a rating of 3.67 out of 5 stars. This company has 0 complaints.
On Trustpilot customers give Joy Organics an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
Customer reviews on both sites are mostly positive. Reviews relate to the effectiveness of the products and staff efficiency and professionalism.
Negative reviews relate to packaging which some people found difficult to open and the accounts staff who some reviewer report acted unprofessionally by swearing and laughing at people’s complaints on the telephone.
People may wish to consider the following options when choosing the most suitable product for them:
- Budget: Prices vary within brand, strength, and method of application.
- Personal goal: People may wish to use a topical solution if they are looking for pain relief in a specific area, or edibles if they are looking for all-over wellness.
- Type of CBD: People who wish not to ingest THC should choose broad-spectrum or CBD isolate products.
- Certification of analysis: Certificates from third-party labs show that the product contains the ingredients the company advertises and ensures it is free from toxic or harmful compounds.
- Amount of CBD: People may wish to ensure the product lists the amount of CBD in each dose and in the unit to avoid purchasing products that may be too strong or weak for their needs.
Joy Organics is not the only company that offers CBD products. The table below shows how it compares against GoGreen Hemp and Charlotte’s Web:
|Joy Organics||GoGreen Hemp||Charlotte’s Web|
|Type of CBD products||broad-spectrum CBD|
|broad-spectrum CBD||full-spectrum CBD|
|Pet products||dog treats|
hip and joint chews
canine hemp-infused balms and more
|CBD bundles||five available||no bundles available||more than 10 available|
|Returns||within 30 days||within 14 days||within 30 days|
|Shipping||available only within the United States||free shipping available within the U.S.||available only within the U.S.|
|one-time price||one-time price|
People can take CBD in many different forms from topicals such as salves, creams, and massage oils to edibles such as gummies and drops.
There are three types of CBD products:
- Broad-spectrum CBD: These consist of the cannabis plant’s naturally occurring compounds but are free of THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD: These contain the naturally occurring compounds extracted from the C. sativa plant. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), they may contain up to
- CBD isolate: This is pure CBD, with no traces of THC. It is odorless and has no taste.
Read our complete buyer’s guide to CBD here.
- anxiety and depression
- epilepsy syndromes
- PTSD symptoms
- treating opioid addiction
- alleviating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) symptoms
- pain management
- diabetic complications
- neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- arthritis symptoms
The FDA has only approved one CBD product, a prescription drug to treat seizures called Epidiolex. All other CBD products do not have FDA approval.
To date, the FDA only has limited data regarding CBD safety and warns of risks
- liver injury
- harmful interaction with other drugs a person may be taking
- drowsiness and risk of sedation when people take CBD with alcohol or other drugs to treat anxiety, panic, or sleep disorders
Additionally, the FDA states that CBD can cause the following side effects:
- gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea or a decrease in appetite
- changes in mood such as irritability and agitation
According to the
However, the FDA also suggests people seek medical advice before using any dietary supplements. Healthcare professionals can help determine whether these are suitable and safe for the individual.
People should always discuss taking CBD products with a healthcare professional. CBD can interact with other medications.
Additionally, people should stop using CBD products if they experience any side effects such as gastrointestinal discomfort or agitation. People should contact a doctor if the side effects continue after stopping CBD use.
Below we answer some common questions about this brand.
Is Joy Organics FDA approved?
The FDA has only approved
Joy Organics does not have FDA approval for its products. However, it manufactures its products in FDA-registered facilities.
What is the best CBD brand out there?
There are numerous CBD products available to consumers both online and in-store.
CBD brands differ in price, strength, purity, and in the products they offer, such as topicals, edibles, vapes, or inhalation.
Considerations may include budget, CBD strength, and CBD type, such as full- or broad-spectrum.
Regardless of which brand a person chooses, they should ensure the company provides current COAs for all of its products. A COA means that the product contains its stated ingredients and is free from materials such as heavy metals.
What are the best gummies for pain relief?
Where is Joy Organics based?
Joy Organics’ headquarters is in Fort Collins, Colorado. It has a second location in Austin, Texas.
The Joy Organics website stocks various CBD products, including tinctures, gummies, and products for pets.
The company claims its products can help with various health concerns, such as stress, muscle pain, and joint stiffness. However, Joy Organics does not cite any studies to support these claims.
Other brands, such as GoGreen Hemp and Charlotte’s Web, also offer CBD products that a person may wish to consider.
It is best to consult a healthcare professional before taking any medication or CBD product.