We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Leesa is a mattress brand that offers products for home delivery in the United States. The company use recycled and natural materials in all their products.
This article discusses the Leesa brand, the mattresses available to buy, alternative companies, and how mattresses can affect health.
Leesa manufacture their mattresses in the United States. They claim to have over 30 years of industry knowledge and rigorously test their mattresses for durability, pressure, and other standard measurements.
Instead of prebuilding mattresses, Leesa makes their products to order. The company states that they assemble and compress mattresses a week after an order and then ship directly to the customer. This is known as bed in a box service.
The company is a Certified B Corporation, which means that the company is committed to corporate accountability and transparency. Leesa prioritize the health and wellness of their employees and aim to build stronger communities nationwide.
According to the company website, Leesa donate one mattress to a family in need for every 10 mattresses they sell.
The company use renewable energy to run their headquarters and use recycled and natural materials to make their products.
Reviewers on Leesa’s website state the mattresses are very comfortable and relieve back pain, with several saying that they chose this particular ‘mattress in a box’ company because of their social and environmental impact.
Reviewers also say that the beds are soft and comfortable while still retaining support and that they have not yet experienced any sagging.
However, some reviewers have stated that the Leesa mattresses are not suitable for those who sleep on their sides, as there is not enough edge support.
Others have said that they noticed an increase in back pain after sleeping on the Leesa mattresses after several weeks and that the mattresses are too firm.
All of Leesa’s mattresses come with a 100-night mattress trial and a 10-year warranty. They are all medium-firm.
The company state that all their mattresses are suitable for back, side, or stomach sleepers.
Leesa also suggest their mattresses provide support and pressure relief to the lower back, though this is no objective medical research to support this.
Their mattresses are available in various sizes, including Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Californian King sizes.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
Leesa Original Mattress
This mattress contains all-foam, with premium foams that Leesa claim will help keep people cool during the night, contour to body shape, and relieve pressure points.
This mattress has four layers:
- First layer: The Leesa cover is a gray, twill fabric that is soft to touch and breathable and may prevent overheating.
- Second layer: This comfort layer of breathable and responsive foam helps keep people cool and contours to the body shape.
- Third layer: A memory foam recovery layer that provides pressure relief to the back, hips, and shoulders.
- Final layer: A supportive foam base that provides support and stability.
The company state that this mattress is suitable for sleepers of all shapes and sizes.
Leesa Hybrid Mattress
This mattress combines foam with pocket springs for extra comfort and advanced support.
This mattress has four layers:
- First layer: A seamless, white, and gray hybrid mattress that is soft-to-touch.
- Second layer: This hole-punched foam comfort layer adds extra breathability to help keep people cool during sleep.
- Third layer: A memory foam recovery layer that contours to the body and may provide pressure relief for the back, hips, and shoulders.
- Fourth layer: a base layer with over 1,000 active response pocket springs that provide durability and stability.
Leesa claim that this mattress reduces motion transfer and has extra edge support to prevent sagging.
Leesa Legend Mattress
This mattress is a hybrid mattress with two layers of springs and medium-firm memory foam.
The cover is hypoallergenic. The mattress has polyester from recycled water bottles and mattress springs made from recycled steel.
This mattress has five layers:
- First layer: An organic cotton and merino wool cover, which contains fiber from recycled water bottles.
- Second layer: A hole-punched foam comfort layer that helps prevent overheating during sleep.
- Third layer: A memory foam recovery layer that contours to the body and relieves pressure in the back, hips, and shoulders.
- Fourth layer: A micro-pocket spring and foam layer that targets the hips and shoulders while eliminating motion transfer.
- Fifth layer: An active response pocket spring base that provides extra edge support to prevent sagging.
The company claim that this mattress provides targeted support and pressure relief for lower back pain.
This mattress is not available in the Twin size.
Studio Mattress by Leesa
This mattress is an all-foam mattress with three layers:
- First layer: A breathable, responsive memory foam that aims to help prevent people from overheating during their sleep.
- Second layer: A pressure-relieving foam that contours around the body, targeting the back, hips, and shoulders.
- Third layer: A core layer that provides support and durability, preventing sagging.
Many alternative companies and mattresses in a box are available, such as:
- Nectar Memory Foam Mattress: This mattress contains all memory foam, is medium-firm, and is suitable for front, back, and side sleepers. The company offers free shipping and returns, a 365-night home trial, and a forever warranty.
- Avocado Green Mattress: This mattress contains GOLs organic certified latex, GOTS organic certified wool, and cotton, and over 1,000 pocketed support coils. The company offers free shipping, a 1-year trial, and a 25-year warranty.
- Cocoon Chill Memory Foam Mattress: This medium feel mattress contains all memory foam with cooling capabilities to prevent overheating. This mattress is suitable for side, stomach, and hot sleepers. The company offers free shipping and returns and has a 10-year limited warranty.
- Purple Hybrid Mattress: This mattress contains hypoallergenic and non-toxic materials and has a combination of memory foam and springs to provide more support and durability. The company offers free shipping and returns, a 100-night trial, and a 10-year warranty.
It is important that a person uses the correct mattress for their needs. A 2015 systematic review found that people who used medium-firm, self-adjusted mattresses reported better quality sleep and better spinal alignment.
Similarly, another 2015 article found that a medium-firm mattress may help reduce musculoskeletal pain and improve sleep quality in older adults.
It is important to sleep on a mattress that allows restful sleep. Inadequate sleep can lead to both short- and long-term health effects. Short-term effects can include drowsiness, irritability, attention problems, and poor motor skills.
Long-term effects of inadequate sleep include:
- increased risk of having obesity
- increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- increased risk of cardiovascular conditions, such as high blood pressure
- increased risk of developing or worsening symptoms of mood disorders, such as anxiety and depression
- increase in pain in certain conditions, such as arthritis
Buying a mattress that suits individual needs allows people to have a restful sleep. Getting inadequate sleep can lead to both short- and long-term health effects.
Several companies offer a range of mattresses in a box. Many people should be able to find one that suits their sleeping style.