We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
The Levoit Ultrasonic Humidifier uses an automatic humidity sensor to expel warm or cool mist into a room. Also, people can use the device to diffuse essential oils to promote relaxation.
This article discusses the Levoit brand and its Ultrasonic Humidifier, the potential health benefits and risks of using a humidifier, and some alternatives available to buy online.
Levoit is a manufacturer that sells:
- air purifiers
- air purifier filters
At the time of publishing, Levoit does not hold accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The organization gives the company an A+ grade, but the company’s BBB page does not have any customer reviews.
Customers give Levoit an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot. Although most of the reviews concern Levoit’s air purifiers, customers who left positive reviews say that the products were high quality and that the customer service representatives were helpful when processing exchanges.
However, one negative review states that Levoit’s customer service representatives did not notify the customer when their product’s shipping was delayed. The customer states that the company was not transparent about shipping difficulties but that it did refund the price of the product within 12 hours of cancellation.
The Levoit Hybrid Ultrasonic Humidifier uses a humidity detector to automatically eject cool and warm mist into a room. The company states that this device is suitable for rooms up to 753 square feet.
The ultrasonic vibrations help disperse moisture throughout the air. People can also use the included aroma tray to diffuse essential oils.
This product features a filter-free design, which eliminates the need to replace and clean filters. Levoit states that the humidifier’s tank design enables easy cleaning. Additionally, this tank holds 1.5 gallons, which enables the device to run for up to 36 hours.
People can operate the humidifier with the control panel on the product or by using the provided remote control. The device also has an automatic timer with a 1–12 hour range.
The humidifier comes with a battery, aroma pads, and absorption pads. The device weighs 6.5 pounds and has dimensions of 11.3 x 7 x 10.5 inches.
At the time of publishing, the Levoit Ultrasonic Humidifier costs $89.99.
Levoit offers free delivery to the 48 contiguous states.
People can return their purchase for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of delivery. Additionally, Levoit offers a 1-year limited warranty on its products.
People can extend the limited warranty within 14 days of delivery by registering their purchase.
Several features of the Levoit Ultrasonic Humidifier have both advantages and disadvantages.
The device’s ultrasonic vibrations help disperse a fine mist throughout a room and quickly bring moisture to the air. Additionally, the humidifier’s 1.5-gallon tank means that it can run for up to 36 hours before a person needs to refill the device.
However, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that humidifiers may have some disadvantages. For example, the ultrasonic vibrations of a humidifier can spread minerals and microorganisms into the air. Also, if a person does not clean the water in the tank regularly, it may lead to a buildup of scale, which can encourage the growth of microorganisms.
People can reduce the risk of these disadvantages by:
- emptying and refilling the tank daily
- drying all surfaces
- scrubbing away any film, deposits, or scale every third day
- following the manufacturer’s guidelines on which cleaning products to use
- using only distilled or other low mineral water in the tank
There are several other humidifiers available to buy online, including:
- 4L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Smart WiFi Humidifier Work with Alexa: This smart air purifier and humidifier pairs with Alexa and Google home devices. It has a large-capacity storage tank, operates quietly, and has a microporous filter to remove bad smells and microorganisms. This device is suitable for areas up to 100–320 square feet.
- Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool: This device is a combination air purifier and humidifier. It automatically tracks airborne particles, gases, temperature, and humidity. This device uses HEPA and activated carbon filters to get rid of gases and allergens. Learn more about the Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool here.
- Raydrop Cool Mist Humidifier Diffuser: This humidifier has a 2.5-liter capacity tank, an adjustable mist level, and an automatic shut-off timer. The device runs quietly for up to 12 hours on the high setting and up to 30 hours on the lowest setting. People can adjust the mist output and use the device to diffuse essential oils.
Some research suggests that using a humidifier that keeps indoor humidity to 30–60% may help reduce the effects of exposure to dry indoor air, such as:
However, the Consumer Product Safety Commission warns that bacteria and fungi can grow in humidifiers, particularly if minerals have settled out of the water and created a surface where these microorganisms can thrive.
If bacteria and fungi grow in humidifiers, a person may experience:
- flu-like symptoms
- allergy symptoms
- asthma symptoms
Additionally, humidifiers can create an environment for dust mites and mold spores. The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology recommends regularly cleaning one’s humidifier, using only distilled water, and ensuring that the device does not make the area too humid.
The Levoit Ultrasonic Humidifier automatically disperses cool and warm mist into the air. People can also use the device to diffuse essential oils to promote relaxation.
When using a humidifier, a person should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and clean the device regularly. By keeping humidifiers clean, people can reduce the risk of dust mites and mold spores.