Life Extension is a company that sells supplements and lab tests through its website. Customers can contact the customer support team at any time, but accessing a product’s certificate of analysis can be difficult.
Life Extension has been in business for more than 40 years. It claims that it sells science-backed products, such as vitamins, moisturizers, and functional foods that help target different health concerns, including weight gain, signs of skin aging, and digestive issues.
Regular customers can opt for the Autoship & Save program, which allows them to receive products every 30 or 60 days.
The company has a 12-month return policy. Customers who are unsatisfied with their purchase can return their item within this time frame. However, many customers claimed they found returning unwanted products very difficult.
A note about sex and gender
Sex and gender exist on spectrums. This article will use the terms “male,” “female,” or both to refer to sex assigned at birth. Click here to learn more.
Life Extension has no customer ratings on Better Business Bureau (BBB) and 2.5 stars on Trustpilot. Customers wrote that they received a wrong order and some products caused frequent headaches, but they could not return them.
The company website does not provide lab test documents.
Positive reviews state that products are affordable and do not have a lot of fillers.
In 2017, the
It also shared a post that mentions other items that prevent heart failure.
Life Extension may suit people looking to buy supplements that meet their daily recommended intake.
The website may serve as a one-stop shop, as it stocks vitamins, home tests, and functional foods. Individuals may use the service if they are buying different product formulations without checking multiple companies.
Vegetarians may find products that do not contain animal ingredients. However, these may still include beeswax or eggs.
Life Extension has pros and cons:
- Most of the products are free of gluten, so these may suit persons following a gluten-free diet.
- Some products are not tested on animals.
- It has various lab tests.
- The customer support team is available 24/7.
- There are no certificates of analysis on the website. The company states that people who wish to see such products can contact the customer care team.
- It received a warning letter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as the company claimed that its products could cure or treat conditions.
- The supplements can be expensive.
These are some of the products that a person can find on Life Extension’s website:
Female Basic Hormone Panel Blood Test
- Price: $75
- Product or service type: hormone test for women
People do not have to fast to use this test. Life Extension recommends that people who supplement with hormones, including hormone replacement therapy (HRT), take their medication 2 hours before doing the test. The company also suggests doing the blood test between 8.00–10.00 a.m.
In addition, Life Extension recommends individuals who are premenopausal take a blood sample on day 21 of their menstrual cycle. However, those who are postmenopausal can do the test on any day of the month.
Thyroid Panel Blood Test
- Price: $75
- Product or service type: thyroid lab test
This thyroid lab test provides an overview of thyroid function, as it measures the levels of:
- Price: $45–$51
- Product type: supplements
Life Extension stocks a wide range of energy supplements. These are two products that people can buy to fight fatigue and feel energized.
NAD+ Cell Regenerator
- Price: $45
- Dosage: one capsule per day
These capsules contain is nicotinamide riboside, which may help increase energy levels and support heart health.
It also has resveratrol, which according to Life Extension, helps maintain longevity. A 2021 study notes that this may act as a life-extending agent, as it increased adult longevity in flies. However, more studies are needed.
The supplements are vegetarian, gluten, and GMO-free.
Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with PQQ
- Price: $51
- Dosage: four capsules per day
These capsules contain vitamin B6, sodium, carnosine, and pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ). PQQ is a vitamin that may aid longevity. It is naturally present in fruits and vegetables, such as green peppers, kiwi, and spinach.
The product is GMO and gluten-free.
Gastric discomfort supplements
- Price: $16.50–$26.25
- Product type: digestive supplements
Life Extension offers digestive supplements for people who may have gastric discomfort. It states that these products may help aid digestion, break down macronutrients, and relieve discomfort after eating a large meal.
A person can buy softgels, capsules, or vegetarian capsules.
These are two of the top digestive supplements:
- Price: $26.25
- Dosage: one softgel per day
The researchers behind
A 2020 review indicates that ginger may help relieve nausea and improve morning sickness in persons undergoing cancer treatment.
Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes
- Price: $16.50
- Dosage: one capsule per day
Life Extension recommends these supplements for people who follow a plant-based diet. They contain vegetarian-friendly enzymes, including lactase, lipase, and xylanase.
Lactase helps the body digest lactose, a type of sugar that is present in dairy products.
They are vegetarian and GMO-free.
Skin moisturizers and serums
- Price: $45–$54.50
- Product type: skin moisturizer and serum
Life Extension stocks products that moisturize and restore the skin by reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and increasing hydration.
These are the top skin care products available on the website:
Skin Care Collection Anti-Aging Serum
- Price: $45
- Dosage: apply a small amount in the morning or evening
Some companies also stock sunscreens containing ceramides to help protect the skin from UV.
The serum is paraben-free and not tested on animals.
Stem Cell Cream with Alpine Rose
- Price: $54.50
- Dosage: apply in the morning and evening
Life Extension provides other services:
- Sexual health: Sexual health supplements are available, with prices starting from $18. Some of the ingredients include aspartic acid and maca extract.
- Weight management: A person can choose supplements that may help reduce cravings and assist with weight management.
- Joint health: Joint health supplements contain glucosamine, chondroitin, and turmeric extract. These may help improve a joint’s range of motion and relieve knee discomfort.
Individuals who are interested in using Life Extension’s services may consider the following:
- Ingredients: Check the product’s ingredients. For example, people who follow a gluten-free diet can look for products that specify they do not contain gluten.
- Health problem: Check with a doctor before choosing any products targeting specific conditions.
- Lab tests: It may be best to check if the company provides lab results on the website. Reviewers state that they could not find any.
The FDA does not review dietary supplements for safety or efficacy. Therefore, a person may wish to consult a medical professional before trying products.
People who wish to start taking vitamins may consider consulting a doctor to discuss their safety, as some supplements interact with other medications.
They may also see a doctor if they have symptoms of digestive problems, including:
These are commonly asked questions about Life Extension.
Is Life Extension a reputable company?
Life Extension has a low rating on BBB and Trustpilot. Reviews state that there are no lab tests on the company website, and returning a product may be problematic.
The company has also received a warning letter from the FDA, as it sometimes claims that its products can cure or treat health conditions.
Are Life Extension vitamins pure?
Life Extension states that its vitamins are of high quality, and it only uses raw materials. However, products do not come with a lab test result. The company asks customers to call the customer service team to provide them with the document.
What country is Life Extension company from?
It is from the United States but gets raw materials from Japan and Europe.
Where are Life Extension vitamins made?
According to the brand, Life Extension produces its vitamins in the U.S. in line with good manufacturing practices.
Life Extension is well-known for its supplements. It sells supplements that may help people experiencing stomach discomfort, bloating, and fatigue. It also has a range of skin care products that support healthy aging.
Lab tests, such as thyroid and hormone tests, are available to order on its website.
A person may have to consult their doctor first before buying any supplements. These may not be safe, especially for those who take other medications.