We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Liingo Eyewear offer prescription and non-prescription glasses for purchase online, with a range of styles and lens options available.
This article discusses the Liingo eyewear brand, their products and services, and more.
Liingo Eyewear are an online company offering prescription and non-prescription glasses, with a variety of frames in different styles and color options.
The company state they can fulfill specialist prescriptions ranging from -14.00 to +6.00 sphere and cylinder ranges between -3.75 and 3.75.
To order a prescription lens, a person needs a copy of their prescription. Their doctor’s office could also send this information directly to Liingo Eyewear.
People interested in wearing glasses as part of their style can order a pair without lenses or with a neutral lens.
Liingo Eyewear have been in business since 2016. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) give them an A rating, the second-highest score. However, Liingo Eyewear do not have accreditation with the organization.
The BBB also list no complaints or reviews on the company.
On the Liingo Eyewear website, listed reviews of their frames and products are generally positive. The site features several critiques with five-star ratings, although companies often filter negative reviews on their online pages.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
Liingo Eyewear offer a large selection of frames. Each one comes in at least two colors and can accommodate most prescription lenses.
To begin choosing, a person can view men’s, women’s, or all styles of glasses. From there, they can select the frame they like and go through the ordering process.
A person can purchase the frames with a neutral lens or no lens. If a person selects a neutral lens, they can add extra features, such as blue light protection or scratch-resistant coatings, for an additional cost.
Blue light glasses
Liingo also sell glasses that can filter blue light. They state that their blue light lenses are:
- almost 100% clear
- endorsed by the Skin Cancer Foundation
These lenses may also provide eye protection when using computers, phones, or other devices with screens.
People can purchase the blue light lenses with a prescription or without one. A person can also buy them in any frame style.
Before purchasing, a person can take advantage of several services on Liingo’s site. These services aim to help a person make an informed decision about their new glasses.
These free-to-use services include:
- Find my Fit: Helps customers find the right size frames for them.
- Virtual Try-On: Allows customers to get an idea of how the selected frame will look on their face.
- Free In-Home Trial: Allows a person to select up to five frames to try for up to 5 days at home for free.
- Prescription Reader App: An app that scans a person’s current glasses to determine the current prescription. However, this only works if a person is keeping the same prescription.
Once a person chooses a style of frames, they can select add-ons. These include:
- single vision or progressive (multifocal) lenses
- lighter weight and thinner lenses
- additional scratch resistance and durability
- blue light protection
Each additional feature adds to the overall cost of the glasses.
A person can pay with their credit card or through PayPal. They can also use their health saving account (HSA) money or go through most major insurance carriers.
Liingo state they are generally considered an out-of-area company, which means customers need to check their policy for the exact amount of coverage they offer.
Returns, refunds, and warranties
Liingo offer a 60-day return period. During this time, a person can return the glasses for any reason and receive a full refund.
The company also provide free shipping on all glasses. And if a person needs their frames adjusting, they can take them to their local optical store. Liingo will reimburse up to $25 for any adjustments required.
Liingo are one of several companies offering glasses for sale online. A person who wishes to shop around for glasses online, or who needs more specialized services, can visit alternative outlets. Other companies offering glasses online include:
- GlassesUSA offer several different brands of glasses and contacts to customers. Learn more about GlassesUSA.
- Warby Parker provides a range of frames and contacts. Learn more about Warby Parker here.
- Lensabl offer similar frames and lenses. Learn more about Lensabl here.
- Payne Glasses sell boutique styles for men, women, and children.
In the United States, around
Glasses or corrective lenses can play an important role in improving a person’s quality of life. In a
A common myth about eyeglasses is that a person’s eyes will become dependent on them to see. According to the University of Utah, this is not true. A person’s eyes will not worsen or become dependent on glasses — glasses simply help a person see more clearly.
Learn about understanding eye prescriptions here.
According to the
- having regular eye exams
- cleaning hands and contacts before touching the eyes
- wearing sunglasses when outdoors
- regularly resting the eyes when using screen-based devices
- wearing eye protection when working or engaged in activities that could damage the eyes
- eating a healthful diet
- maintaining a moderate weight
- sharing family eye history with a doctor
- maintaining a healthful blood sugar level
Learn more about protecting vision here.
About blue light
Liingo Eyewear claim their blue light filter lenses may help reduce eye fatigue, particularly for those who regularly use screen-based devices.
However, the American Academy of Ophthalmology state that blue light from computers or other digital screens does not necessarily cause:
- eye damage or disease
- eye strain
- issues with sleep
They state that digital eye strain often occurs due to not blinking as frequently when using a computer or other device. To prevent eye strain, they recommend:
- every 20 minutes, looking at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds
- sitting at arm’s length from the screen
- using artificial tears to hydrate the eyes
- wearing eyeglasses instead of contacts when working on a computer
- reducing glare from the screen
Therefore, a person may wish to reconsider purchasing glasses for the sole reason of blue light protection from their devices. Instead, they could reduce eye strain with simple and minor adjustments.
Liingo are an online glasses retailer offering a variety of custom frames and lenses.
The company require a prescription and can work with both HSAs and most insurance plans. A person can also take advantage of several services, such as free trials, a virtual try-on, and help with finding the right fitting glasses.