We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
MamaSezz is a meal delivery service that uses whole foods to make each plant-based meal.
The company say that their aim is to help people eat healthier while avoiding dieting. Below, learn about the meal options, how the service works, alternatives, and more.
Please note that no one at MNT has tried this service. All claims below are purely research-based.
MamaSezz is a meal delivery service. They deliver “hearty, fresh, ready-to-eat, whole-food, plant-based meals with no bad stuff.”
According to their site, their meals are all:
- refined sugar-free
- whole, all-natural, and plant-based foods
MamaSezz note that their customers are diverse, including:
- lifelong vegans
- people interested in trying a meatless diet
- those looking to reduce their risk of heart disease or type 2 diabetes
- people pursuing weight loss or maintenance
The company’s goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle with a nutritious diet, as an alternative to dieting
According to an
- blood pressure
- the number of medications needed to treat chronic diseases
- a key marker of blood sugar
- cholesterol levels
- mortality rates related to ischemic heart disease
- body mass index
It is important to note, however, that a reduction in body mass index may not be a health benefit.
The researchers defined a plant-based diet as one that primarily contains whole foods and limited amounts of dairy, eggs, meats, and processed foods.
A more recent
- cardiovascular disease
- high blood pressure
- several types of cancer
They also highlight the need to avoid highly processed foods, including meat alternatives and deep-fried foods.
It is possible that adding MamaSezz meals to a person’s regular diet could help prevent certain illnesses and encourage weight loss. However, it would likely be crucial to make other lifestyle and dietary changes, as well.
MamaSezz also offer a Beauty Bundle that they claim helps improve the health and appearance of the skin and hair.
However, no studies have investigated the possible benefits or risks associated with a diet that includes MamaSezz meals.
MamaSezz offer à la carte and bundle options. The à la carte option allows a person to buy individual meals as they choose. A bundle is a subscription that automatically renews each week.
All the meals are fully prepared. They require refrigeration and reheating in the oven or microwave or on the stove.
A person can order individual or family meals, which start at around $4 per serving. Overall, ordering à la carte may be more expensive.
Some other benefits include the:
- ability to swap meals in bundles
- shelf life of 10–18 days in the refrigerator
- ability to freeze meals
- high proportion of organic produce
- free or reduced shipping on orders of $89 or more
- 100% money-back guarantee
MamaSezz also offer recycling — a person can simply send the packaging back, prepaid, to the company.
MamaSezz offer many meals, subscription bundles, and products to stock up on. Their meals are suitable for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and they also sell desserts, sides, snacks, and sauces.
A person can order meals and snacks individually or on a weekly basis. They may prefer a bundle of prepicked meals, which can be substituted.
In addition to holiday and family-friendly bundles, the company offer several targeted to specific concerns, including:
- weight loss
- heart health
- no sodium
- high protein
- environmental consciousness
- boosted immunity
Most bundles are $169 per week and feature a rotating selection of meals. A person can order additional meals or products if desired.
Various meal delivery services are available, and some competitors of MamaSezz include:
- Cook Unity: This offers vegan meals and similar services.
- Veestro: This offers plant-based meals à la carte or by subscription.
- Purple Carrot: This is another similar, plant-based meal delivery service.
- Silver Cuisine: This caters to people over 50 and has vegetarian options.
Learn about more vegetarian and vegan meal delivery options here.
MamaSezz are a plant-based meal delivery service that use whole foods and provide meals free from common allergens such as peanuts and gluten.
A person may prefer ordering meals in individual servings or in a bundle, which automatically renews and may be geared toward families or people with specific health concerns.