We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Musely is an online telehealth company that offers prescription medications to treat skin conditions and reduce signs of aging. It works with dermatologists and uses products approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
This article discusses Musely in more detail. It also explains how the ordering process works and lists some available products.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Musely is a telemedicine service that connects customer with dermatologists. They can provide personalized prescription medications for different skincare problems, including dark spots, wrinkles, sun spots, and more.
Customers can view a biography page for each dermatologists, which includes credentials and work history.
The company provides free shipping and a 60-day result guarantee on many products. Customers who are not satisfied with their results may be able to get a refund.
On the Musely website, people can select a skin area or concern, then choose a product from the list provided. They can find all the ingredients and the areas they can treat.
Afterward, Musely asks customers to create an account and fill in their medical history questionnaire. A dermatologist reviews their information and provides a treatment plan.
Musely’s products are only available with a prescription from a dermatologist.
The customer receives the medication by post.
Musely offers various products to treat different skin conditions. Some popular options include:
The Neck Cream
- Ingredients: tretinoin, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, and hydroquinone
- Volume: 50 milliliters (ml)
- Price: starts at $88 for two months
Musely offers The Neck Cream that it claims acts as an anti-aging product and reduces the appearance of dark spots.
One of its main ingredients is tretinoin.
Learn more about anti-aging products here.
The Red Set
- Ingredients: ivermectin, metronidazole, niacinamide, and azelaic acid
- Volume: 50 ml for the mask and 30 ml for the cream
- Price: starts at $118 for two months
Musely offers a face mask and cream as a set for people who have rosacea, a skin condition that causes blushing on the nose, cheeks, and forehead, a burning sensation, and crusts.
The products contain different ingredients, such as niacinamide and metronidazole.
Metronidazole slows down bacterial growth, which can be beneficial in treating rosacea symptoms such as redness and flushing.
Learn more about rosacea treatments here.
The Hair Pill
- Ingredients: minoxidil, dutasteride, and spironolactone
- Volume: 90 pills
- Price: starts at $84 for three months
The Hair Pill is a product that Musely offers for males and females. It is an oral drug that helps slow the process of hair loss.
The company claims that people should notice improvement within six months.
The pill contains minoxidil. A study published in 2020 notes that oral minoxidil can be a good option for persons who cannot use topical products.
Learn about the best hair loss medications.
The Eye Serum
- Ingredients: tretinoin, caffeine, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C
- Volume: 15 ml
- Price: starts at $74 for two months
Musely claims that this eye serum may treat crow’s feet and fine lines that develop around the eyes.
It has hyaluronic acid.
Learn about the best eye creams for dark circles here.
The Body Cream
- Ingredients: hydroquinone, tretinoin, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid
- Volume: 50 ml
- Price: starts at $88 for two months
The Body Cream targets different skin problems, such as freckles that develop from sun exposure, sun spots, and wrinkles.
Musely also recommends it for persons with keratosis pilaris, a skin condition that causes painless bumps and roughness.
Ingredients include hydroquinone, tretinoin, and vitamin C
Doctors’ visits and evaluations with Musely cost $20.
There is an extra charge for products, either at an individual cost or subscription for auto-refills, which range from $64-126.
Customer reviews on the Musely website are positive, with most products receiving 4 stars or higher out of 5.
Positive reviews claim the products are effective and provide visible results.
Musely has a 1-star rating out of 5 on Better Business Bureau (BBB). It has an average of six reviews and has closed 38 complaints in the last three years. It is rated D- and does not have BBB accreditation.
On Trustpilot, customers give the company an average of 2.8 out of 5 stars from an average of three reviews.
Customer complaints mention receiving damaged products or claim that treatments did not work. The company did not issue a refund.
Similar telehealth companies offering prescription or over-the-counter skin care include:
- Hers: This company offers treatments for different health issues, such as acne, migraines, and sinus infections. For skin care, affiliated doctors offer personalized prescription gel creams or supplements. The platform requires users to fill in a free assessment. Read our review of Hers here.
- DermatologistOnCall: This website offers 24/7 help for persons with a skin condition that may require medical attention. People can connect with a board certified dermatologist and upload photos so that they recommend a treatment plan.
- FirstDerm: Individuals can use this service which requires them to upload photos of their condition and symptoms. Then, a dermatologist responds within 24 hours. The service starts from $34.95.
- Teladoc: This company offers different services. A person can upload photos of their skin condition and then discuss with a dermatologist. They can also benefit from follow-up sessions through video chats or text messages.
The following are common questions and answers about Musely:
Is Musely legitimate?
Musely works with qualified dermatologists to provide legitimate prescription medications. It stocks a range of skin care products containing ingredients known to improve specific skin concerns.
However, it has many negative review customer reviews on third-party sites. Most revolve around customer service and product quality.
A person may consider reading customer reviews on BBB and Trustpilot and check how a company handles complaints.
Is Musely FDA approved?
Musely’s products are available with a prescription and are also approved by the FDA.
Does Musely really work on dark spots?
Musely has a dark spot treatment page on its website that lists products a person can buy to address dark spots.
Musely products for dark spots contain tretinoin, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, and other ingredients proven to improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
Before buying any items, a dermatologist reviews the individual’s information and provides a treatment plan suitable for their condition.
What happens if you stop using Musely?
As with any prescription medication, symptoms may reappear if a person stops using Musely products.
People may consider informing their doctor if they are not satisfied with their purchase or wish to stop treatment.
Musely provides products to help treat a range of skin health concerns, such as fine lines, rosacea, or sun spots. Prescription treatments are available via in-house dermatologists.
Some of the main ingredients Musely products use include tretinoin, caffeine, and hyaluronic acid, which are proven to benefit various skin concerns.
Its dermatologists review people’s information and symptoms and offer a treatment plan for their condition. This service is available for $20.
A person may also wish to check similar brands, such as Hers, Teladoc, or FirstDerm.