We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Naturally Slim provide online education for people interested in losing weight.
Their program does not involve changing the diet or counting calories or points. Instead, they aim to retrain people’s thinking about food and help them make healthful choices about how and when to eat.
Below, learn more about the Naturally Slim program.
Please note that no one at Medical News Today has tried this program and that all information below is purely research-based.
According to their website, Naturally Slim is an online counseling program that teaches a person how and when to eat. The company say that their program does not involve:
- counting points or calories
- limiting food selections
Instead, they aim to help businesses encourage their employees to have more healthful behaviors. For doctors, they aim to provide support to patients who hope to lose weight.
The program is designed for people with overweight or obesity and others looking to maintain a healthy weight.
Naturally Slim offer video lessons and other online learning tools. The goal is to help a person lose weight in order to reach or maintain a healthy weight.
Employers or clinics tend to offer the program. A person may, for example, be able to access it using their employee login information.
Alternately, individuals looking to use Naturally Slim can sign up here. Subscription costs range from $37–50 a month, depending on the preferred plan. The company also offer a yearly subscription with a lower cost per month.
The videos and other materials are available on desktops, mobile devices, and tablets. A person has unlimited access to the materials for the duration of their subscription.
Each of their programs lasts 10 weeks, and the company claim that users notice benefits within that period.
Naturally Slim aim to encourage weight loss through mindful eating. Their website cites several findings from a
- that participants in the program lost an average of 10 pounds in the first 10 weeks
- that 55% of the participants reversed their diabetes risk
- that a little over 50% reversed metabolic syndrome
The study had included 3,880 participants from 93 companies. The researchers concluded that the program had successfully changed core behaviors to reduce weight and reverse metabolic syndrome.
However, it is crucial to note that one of the two researchers behind this peer-reviewed study is Naturally Slim’s chief medical officer.
Meanwhile, the University of South Alabama, which offer Naturally Slim to employees and their spouses, claim that this program is based on a different one, called Eatology.
The university explains that both programs educate people about:
- the difference between hunger and appetite
- why people eat
- how to enjoy favorite foods without eating too much
- how to sleep more, exercise regularly, and reduce stress
- how to avoid eating as a response to emotions
Preventing obesity or overweight can have significant health benefits. According to the
- increased energy
- more efficient circulation
- improved management of fluids
- the prevention of
- sleep apnea and other breathing problems
- heart disease
- certain cancers
Naturally Slim claim that their program also helps people prevent or reverse metabolic syndrome — a collection of risk factors for conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
According to the
- low levels of “good” cholesterol
- high levels of triglycerides, a type of fat
- a waist circumference above a certain relative measurement
- high fasting blood sugar levels
- high blood pressure
In order to reap the potential benefits of Naturally Slim, a person must use the materials regularly, as instructed. However, various factors, such as restricted time, may prevent this.
Anyone looking to lose weight with online support may also consider:
- Manage portion sizes of meals and snacks.
- Track eating habits with a journal or app.
- Set realistic goals to prevent disappointment or frustration.
- Get at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity a week.
- Have a nutritious, varied, and healthful diet.
Naturally Slim is an online training program for people looking to achieve or maintain a healthy weight by learning new eating habits, rather than counting calories or restricting the diet.
Individuals and employers can sign up for accounts. Each program is 10 weeks.