We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
NordicTrack and Tempo are two United States companies that manufacture workout mirrors. These types of equipment are suitable for all fitness levels and allow users to engage in exercises such as yoga and strength training.
This article explores the NordicTrack and Tempo brands in more detail and the workout mirrors they offer. It also looks at the benefits of smart mirrors and alternative products.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented is purely research-based.
NordicTrack is a company that produces equipment for home exercise. The brand’s available fitness equipment includes:
- exercise bikes
- elliptical trainers
- rowing machines
- strength-training equipment, such as workout mirrors and dumbbells
The company also introduces users to iFit, a subscription app that offers unlimited workouts for different fitness levels.
At the time of publishing, NordicTrack has a 1.15 review rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) review platform.
Many complaints focus on customer service issues, citing that company representatives were slow to respond to client issues. However, some people wrote that NordicTrack offers fast shipping, and they did not have any problems signing up for monthly payments.
Tempo manufactures home gym workout mirrors that offer interactive coaching and daily classes.
A person can also find some accessories on the company website, including:
Additionally, the website allows individuals to view coach profiles, so they can learn more about the workouts the coaches provide.
However, Tempo does not have accreditation or a review rating with the BBB.
There are currently three complaints listed on its BBB profile page, two of which do not appear on the BBB website. The two unpublished complaints focused on delivery issues.
The third complaint cited the 12-month commitment to the monthly subscription fee, with the customer stating that even though they sold their Tempo products, they still had to pay for the subscription.
Smart mirrors provide several health benefits.
Smart mirrors also allow users to engage in group classes online. An older 2012 study notes that having a virtual exercise partner can lead to increased aerobic performance.
Additionally, according to health experts, regular physical activity can help with:
- improving a person’s mood
- maintaining a moderate weight
- preventing health conditions, including high blood pressure, stroke, and diabetes
- improving sleep quality
This section explores the workout mirrors that NordicTrack and Tempo produce.
NordicTrack offers the Vault range: two workout mirrors that the company refers to as a connected home gym.
Both models feature:
- a 61.5-inch (in) reflective mirror
- a 32-in rotating smart touchscreen
- a carbon steel frame
- a 30-day iFit family membership
- hanging shelves
- cleaning towels
- a weight of 258 pounds (lb)
People who buy the NordicTrack workout mirrors can benefit from:
- a 10-year frame warranty
- a 2-year parts warranty
- a 1-year labor warranty
- a 30-day return policy
According to the company website, the mirrors have a
The below information reviews the NordicTrack Vault mirrors in more detail.
The Complete Vault workout mirror has a vertical area for storing fitness tools. It also includes a set of kettlebells, resistance bands, resistance loop bands, a workout mat, and yoga blocks.
All customers purchasing a Vault mirror have access to iFit workouts for 30 days. These workouts include yoga, pilates, and strength training, while people can also exercise with fitness trainers.
At the time of publishing, the Complete Vault is available for $2,999. Additionally, NordicTrack offers a monthly payment plan for eligible individuals, with prices starting from $65 per month.
This workout mirror’s features are similar to the Complete Vault. It has a vertical storage area but does not come with the additional fitness accessories and weights that the Complete Vault includes.
The Standalone Vault also comes with a 30-day iFit membership.
The Standalone Vault costs $1,999, while eligible individuals can also pay in monthly payments starting from $42 per month.
Pros and cons
The NordicTrack brand has several advantages and disadvantages.
- Customers can return a product if they are unsatisfied with their purchase.
- The workout mirrors have a vertical storage vault, where users can keep their workout accessories.
- The workout mirrors feature a rotating touchscreen that people can use as a regular mirror when they are not working out.
- The equipment may be costly.
- According to complaints on the BBB review platform some customers encountered issues with the company’s customer service team.
This company sells the Tempo Studio home gym, an all-in-one workout mirror solution with artificial intelligence technology.
Some of its features include the following:
- a 42-in HD touchscreen
- a high-tensile aluminum frame
- 3D sensors that track movements and provide form feedback
- stereo speakers
- dimensions of:
- 6 feet (ft) (height)
- 2 ft 22 in (width)
- 1 ft 4 in (depth)
- a weight of 100 lb when unloaded
Each Tempo comes with:
- a 30-day free trial
- a 30-day money-back guarantee
- a 3-year limited warranty
- white glove delivery
Additionally, Tempo offers three packages that suit different fitness levels. People can choose the amount of strength training equipment included in the bundle.
At the time of publishing, the Tempo starts at $2,495, and eligible individuals can pay in monthly installments starting from $69.
Pros and cons
People who use Tempo’s equipment should consider some of its advantages and disadvantages.
- People can access live and on-demand classes.
- The mirror provides form feedback.
- A person can choose the package that suits their fitness level.
- The equipment may be costly.
- People require a fast internet connection to use the device.
- The mirror is not suitable for individuals with limited workout space.
The table below compares the NordicTrack Vault and the Tempo Studio mirror.
|Feature||NordicTrack Complete and Standalone Vault||Tempo Studio|
|Display size||32 in||42 in|
|Frame||carbon steel||high-tensile aluminum|
|Price||from $1,999||from $2,495|
|Monthly payments||start from $42 per month||start from $69 per month|
|Weight||258 lb||100 lb|
|Refunds and returns||within 30 days||within 30 days|
|Warranty||• a 10-year frame warranty|
• a 2-year parts warranty
• a 1-year labor warranty
|a 3-year limited warranty|
People interested in buying a workout mirror may wish to consider other alternative mirrors, including:
- ProForm Vue: Features a 22-in touchscreen, a reflective surface, and rear-side accessory storage. It also comes with a 30-day iFit family membership and costs $1,499.
- Echelon Reflect: Comes with a 32-in display and a weight of 40 lb. It also allows users to attend live classes with fitness instructors. This workout mirror is available for $1,199.99 and comes with a 12-month limited parts and labor warranty.
- The Mirror: Offers workout programs, one-to-one training, and a family subscription. A person can also benefit from a 30-day risk-free trial and a 1-year standard warranty. The company may also offer an extended protection plan. It costs $1,495. Learn more about the Mirror.
- Forme Life Studio Lift: Featuring a 43-in display and a variable resistance of up to 150 lb, the Studio Lift also comes with a heart rate monitor, ankle straps, and screen camera covers. The company provides a 30-day refundable trial period. The mirror is available for $4,495.
NordicTrack and Tempo’s workout mirrors allow people to work out at home.
Both companies offer a returns policy for customers who are not satisfied with their products. These items also come with various warranties.
Individuals who wish to start working out at home can also explore other home gym equipment companies.