We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
NordicTrack is a company that is located in the United States and offers a range of equipment for people who want to exercise at home. The X22i treadmill may be a good option for those who want to improve their cardiovascular fitness, and users can also pair it with iFit, the company’s workout app.
This article explores the NordicTrack brand in more detail and lists the features that come with the X22i treadmill. It also describes some pros and cons of this treadmill, the health and safety considerations, and some alternative brands.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely research-based.
NordicTrack is a home gym company that has been operating since 1975. It is well-known for its treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers, and rowing machines.
It also sells strength-training equipment, including:
The company’s subscription app, iFit, allows users to access various workout programs, including running, walking, and yoga, among others. Also, the company offers a free 30-day trial for those who download this app.
At the time of publication, NordicTrack has a rating of 1.15 out of 5 stars on Better Business Bureau (BBB). The company is not BBB-accredited.
In negative reviews, people mention customer service issues and note that they received their products with missing parts. Some were also unable to return the equipment to NordicTrack.
However, some individuals write that the iFit subscription can be useful for those who want to work out at home. It also gives users the ability to visit outdoor places virtually.
Trustpilot gives NordicTrack a rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars, with most of the negative comments focusing on shipping delays. Customers who received defective items also mention having difficulty securing a refund from the company.
The NordicTrack X22i treadmill comes with a 1-year membership to iFit, which is worth $396 at the time of writing.
It offers running speeds of up to 12 miles per hour (mph), and it has built-in sled grips and a push bar, which allow users to increase their workout intensity and burn more calories. It also includes a low impact cushion to help decrease stress on the joints.
People can adjust their workout settings to a maximum 40% incline or a -6% decline, and fitness instructors can remotely control these settings during the user’s workout.
Some other features that people can benefit from when using this treadmill include:
- a 22-inch (in) touch screen
- two digitally amplified speakers
- Dual AutoBreeze workout fans
- Bluetooth headphone connectivity
- up to five iFit user profiles
- dimensions of 70 in (length), 39 in (width), and 72.5 in (height)
- a weight of 417 pounds (lb)
- a user weight capacity of 300 lb
Furthermore, NordicTrack X22i comes with:
- a 10-year frame warranty
- a 2-year parts warranty
- a 1-year labor warranty
The product manual includes all the instructions to help individuals set up their equipment.
At the time of publication, the NordicTrack X22i treadmill costs $2,999. The company allows its customers to pay in monthly installments if they would prefer this option.
Individuals can also benefit from a 30-day return policy. This policy means that if they are not satisfied with their purchase, they can return the item for a refund or replacement within 30 days.
As with any piece of exercise equipment, the pros and cons may vary depending on the individual’s needs.
Below are some pros and cons that a person can consider before buying the NordicTrack X22i treadmill:
- Incline capability: The X22i has twice the incline range of many other competitors’ treadmills. The increased incline may help target specific muscles and increase calorie burn.
- Motor power: The treadmill uses a 4.0 CHP motor, which helps power the treadmill to a speed of 12 mph.
- Track width: The track is 60 in long and 22 in wide. Many other treadmills come with a 20-in wide track. The wider track may feel more comfortable for some people.
- Price: The price tag of $2,999 makes the NordicTrack X22i the company’s second most expensive treadmill, and it may not be affordable for some individuals. However, monthly payments and manufacturer coupons may be an option.
- Weight capacity: The equipment has a weight capacity of 300 lb. People who have a high body weight may notice that the treadmill seems slightly unstable and may shake.
- Space necessary: The treadmill takes up a lot of space, so it may not be the best option for everyone.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), older adults should aim for
The Arthritis Foundation states that walking does not put pressure on the joints but can help with:
- strengthening the muscles
- supporting the joints
- lowering the risk of blood clots
- improving circulation
- relieving insomnia
Walking can also improve cardiovascular fitness. A study in the
Further to that, researchers note that walking three times a week for a minimum of 20 minutes can improve a person’s mood.
Although walking on a treadmill is a safe form of low impact exercise, individuals who overdo it can develop muscle strains. The
Walking on a treadmill may feel unnatural to some people. It may help a person to hold onto the handrails initially until they become used to the equipment.
NordicTrack is not the only company that sells treadmills. Other brands that people may wish to consider include:
- ProForm: This company sells three series of treadmills and gives individuals access to iFit’s workout programs. Some models are foldable and have transport wheels, which may suit those who have limited storage space. Learn more about ProForm treadmills here.
- Echelon: People can find the Echelon Stride treadmill on the website. It comes with auto-fold technology and speeds of up to 12 mph. The company offers a 1-year warranty and a 30-day risk-free return policy.
- Horizon Fitness: This company sells two treadmill series, and a person can also purchase rowing machines and exercise bikes. These pieces of equipment are suitable for both experienced athletes and those who are new to working out. Learn more about Horizon treadmills here.
NordicTrack is a U.S-owned company that manufactures home gym equipment. The NordicTrack X22i is a treadmill that comes with a 22-in touch screen, a 1-year iFit membership, and other features.
Research suggests that walking on a treadmill can benefit health by reducing blood pressure, supporting the joints, and improving circulation.
A range of brands produce treadmills and other pieces of exercise equipment. A person should compare the features that different products offer before committing to a purchase.