We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
The founders of Overnight Glasses established the company to solve the problem of eyeglasses being breakable and easy to lose. Accidents, carelessness, theft, and forgetfulness can all result in people suddenly finding themselves without eyewear. Overnight glasses aims to deliver new and replacement glasses quickly — sometimes even overnight.
Keep reading to learn more about Overnight Glasses, including its reputation, the products and services it offers, and how to order from the company.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information is purely research-based.
Overnight Glasses was founded in 2019 and is based in California, where it manufactures all of its products.
The typical Overnight Glasses customer review tends to be positive, with the Better Business Bureau reporting that the company has an average rating of 4.75 stars out of 5, based on 193 reviews.
Examples of people who have used the company’s services include an individual whose vision was changing rapidly and someone who wanted prescription sunglasses quickly for a holiday. Both of these customers were pleased with the service and product that they received.
The typical negative Overnight Glasses review concerns poor customer service, particularly when there is an issue with the product.
Overnight Glasses claims to offer the “fastest online production of prescription glasses and sunglasses,” making speedy order fulfillment its unique selling proposition. The company guarantees the next-day delivery of eyeglass orders that customers place before noon Pacific Standard Time.
Overnight Glasses sells a range of prescription and nonprescription glasses and sunglasses. People can choose from many different brand names, including Dolce & Gabbana, Oakley, Dior, Ray-Ban, and Prada.
Lenses are available with various lenses and coatings, including progressive, polarized, tinted, and blue light-blocking lenses. Anti-glare and easy clean coatings are also available.
The company will put new lenses in old frames, with rush orders taking 2 days for regular lenses and 4 days for progressive lenses.
Potential purchasers should note that the company charges an extra fee for rush delivery.
The Overnight Glasses website provides step-by-step instructions for ordering glasses on its website:
- select a frame, style, and size using the company’s sizing guides
- measure pupillary distance (PD) using the website’s guide or
- enter a current and valid eyeglass prescription or request that Overnight Glasses staff contact the prescriber
- select a product package from more than 700 combinations
- review order
- decide whether to pay extra for the Next Day Rush Service
- pay using a debit or credit card or a flexible or health savings account
- receive glasses within 24 hours with the Next Day Rush Service or in 3–7 days with regular shipping
Overnight Glasses has a no-questions-asked return policy within 7 days of the receipt of glasses. Customers need to return their frames within 2 weeks of receiving them. The company will only provide a refund or replacement if the customer returns their frames.
There are many online eyewear retailers, and some of the alternatives to Overnight Glasses include:
- EyeBuyDirect: This company offers a virtual try-on service for its prescription glasses, which can come with blue light-blocking lenses and multiple lens coatings. People can select a 2-day delivery option for an extra fee. Learn more about EyeBuyDirect here.
- Zenni Optical: The selection of frames that this online retailer sells ranges from prescription glasses for under $10 to collections that celebrities have curated. People can use the virtual try-on feature before committing to a purchase, and the prices are lower than those of many similar competitors. Learn more about Zenni Optical here.
- YesGlasses: This company controls the whole process of making glasses, from developing and designing them to making and delivering the finished products. People can upload selfies and see how they would look in a wide range of frames. For an extra fee, customers can opt for delivery within 3–9 days.
It is advisable to see an optometrist or ophthalmologist regularly. These eye doctors will assess a person’s vision and check the general health of their eyes. These checks can help them catch and address eye problems that could lead to vision loss without treatment. Examples of these conditions
People with concerns about the quality of their vision or the suitability of their glasses or lenses can speak with an eye doctor for advice and recommendations.
Overnight Glasses offers a broad selection of glasses, including prescription glasses, at a lower price than traditional brick-and-mortar retail outlets.