Provitalize is a probiotic for people who are going through menopause. The hormonal changes a person experiences during this time can cause various symptoms.
Common symptoms of menopause include:
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
A note about sex and gender
Sex and gender exist on spectrums. This article will use the terms “male,” “female,” or both to refer to sex assigned at birth. Click here to learn more.
Provitalize is a probiotic supplement manufactured by Better Body Co.
The company claims that these probiotics can:
- help with weight management
- ease hot flashes and night sweats
- improve energy levels
- manage bloating
- aid sleep
It recommends a person take two Provitalize capsules per day for best results.
Better Body Co. has an average customer rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Reviews that discuss Provitalize on Trustpilot are generally positive. Many reviewers state that the product was effective for them in reducing menopause symptoms. However, some reviews discuss issues with refunds and returns.
The company has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) page, but it is not accredited. This page displays an average customer rating of 3.14 out of 5 stars. Better Body Co. has closed 40 complaints in the last year.
Negative reviews generally comment on issues with automatic subscription payments. Reviews that discuss Provitalize are mostly positive and suggest that the product was effective on an individual basis.
Provitalize is a type of thermogenic probiotic. Better Body Co. claims that thermogenic probiotics support digestion and immunity. They generate heat in the gut, which burns fat. They may also help with fat storage, calorie absorption, and support a person’s metabolism during exercise.
However, there is very little research to support the company’s claims about thermogenic probiotics.
There is also no research to suggest that Provitalize produces the effects that the company claims.
Better Body Co. states that these probiotics are suitable for females who are either pre or postmenopause. The company also says that males can take these probiotics if they wish.
The following ingredients within Provitalize reportedly have the following benefits:
- Lactobacillus gasseri: Boosts immunity, reduces allergies, and reduces belly fat.
- Bifidobacterium breve: Lowers fat mass.
- Bifidobacterium lactis: Reduces body mass index (BMI), cholesterol, and inflammation. A 2018 study used B. Lactis as one of the main ingredients in a probiotic formulation, which was found to reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric root extract: Reduces inflammation, increases antioxidants, and promotes a healthy heart.
- Moringa leaf extract: Supports brain and cognitive health.
- Curry leaf extract: Improves digestion, reduces cholesterol, and promotes healthy hair.
- Bioperine: Speeds up the benefits of curcumin and enhances absorption of nutrients.
- Sunflower lecithin: Makes all the ingredients fat soluble.
- Delayed-release capsules: Ensures that the probiotic can properly absorb into the intestines by protecting it from stomach acid.
There are no studies or any research to suggest that Provitalize is effective. Better Body Co. does state that its claims have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The company also says that weight loss is not guaranteed, results may vary, and people may not experience benefits for 6–8 weeks.
Better Body Co. claims that Provitalize does not have any major known side effects.
It states that some people may experience mild bloating to begin with due to the probiotic’s high potency.
The company does not recommend Provitalize for people taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), blood thinners, or Cox2-inhibitors. A person who takes medication of any kind, has a medical condition, or is pregnant or breastfeeding should consult with their doctor before using Provitalize.
Several alternative products that may help to manage menopause symptoms include:
- Vitamins: Some vitamins may help reduce the effects of menopause, including vitamin A, B, C, D, and E. Some can be found in certain foods, or a person may take a supplement containing these vitamins.
- Black cohosh: This is an herb often taken to relieve menopause symptoms. It may help with some menopausal symptoms, particularly hot flashes.
- Essential oils: Some essential oils may help with various symptoms, including mood swings and hot flashes. Some may also help with sexual dysfunction and fatigue.
- Red clover: This can be taken as a supplement or in an herbal tea. An older 2014 study over 12 weeks found that red clover was effective in reducing menopause symptoms compared to a placebo.
- Soy: Soy isoflavones are structured in a similar way to estrogen. This means they may reduce menopause symptoms, particularly hot flashes. A
2017 studyfound that soy isoflavones reduced menopause symptoms in both perimenopausal and postmenopausal women.
However, it is important to note that there is limited research about the alternatives listed above. Furthermore, the
Below are some of the most common questions and answers about Provitalize.
How much does Provitalize cost?
On the company website, bottles are available for $49 each. The company also offers a monthly subscription service, which costs $39.20 per bottle.
Is Provitalize safe?
Provitalize has not been approved and is not FDA regulated.
However, Better Body Co. claims Provitalize is made in an FDA-registered and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)-certified facility. The company also claims that the product does not have any known major side effects.
How many Provitalize tablets come in each bottle?
Each bottle of Provitalize contains 60 capsules.
Better Body Co. manufactures Provitalize, a probiotic which it claims helps to reduce symptoms of menopause.
However, there are no studies on the product to support the company’s claims.
According to the company, Provitalize contains natural ingredients and is allergen free. Better Body Co. states that a person may need to take the supplement for 6–8 weeks before noticing any benefits.
The FDA does not review dietary supplements, so a person may wish to speak with a doctor or conduct their own research using reliable sources before purchasing Provitalize.