We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
ReliOn offers several home blood pressure monitoring (HBPM) systems. HBPM can help people manage their blood pressure and inform healthcare professionals to improve treatments.
A quick look at ReliOn blood pressure monitors
- Best for up to two people: ReliOn Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor BP200
- Best for an affordable option: ReliOn 1-Button Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best for a wrist monitor: ReliOn BP300 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Best for larger arms: ReliOn Blood Pressure Monitor, Large Cuff
Information on blood pressure is helpful for individuals with
Keep reading to learn about ReliOn blood pressure monitoring systems.
ReliOn offers a range of HBPM systems for users. These machines enable individuals to check their blood pressure regularly at home.
Omron manufactures ReliOn products and various other health devices. However, ReliOn does not currently have a website or Amazon store for its HBPM systems.
The company’s HBPM systems use wrist or arm cuffs to measure blood pressure, while some models can also detect irregular heartbeats.
Below is a list of advantages and disadvantages of ReliOn blood pressure monitors.
- one-step auto inflation for ease of use
- high storage capacity
- advanced averaging feature for comparison with World Health Organization standards for blood pressure
- adjustable upper-arm cuff and extra-large cuff size are available
- markers on the cuff to guide placement
- automatic recall of previous reading
- irregular heartbeat detection
- wireless technology
- warranty periods are available
- no smart or app functionality
- most devices require standard batteries instead of USB recharging
ReliOn blood pressure monitors are suitable for people who wish to monitor their blood pressure at home.
Measuring blood pressure at home may be more cost-effective than traveling to a clinic or hospital for blood pressure readings. Additionally, people can download their data from these devices and share them with their healthcare team.
Some customer reviews of ReliOn blood pressure monitors on Amazon include the following.
- “If you pay close attention to cuff position and your body position when taking your BP, your results will be more consistent.”
- “This unit was recommended by my doctor. It’s easy to use, accurate, and comfortable.”
- “Works well in every way.”
- “Well made, with lots of extra features, which are wonderful.”
- “The item arrived 3 days early, well packaged, and in excellent condition. The item came with four AA batteries ready for use. Easy-to-follow instructions to set the date and time. After several BP readings, I compared the readings with another BP cuff, and it was accurate. Very happy with this product. Would purchase again.”
- “Broken, no good, again learning my lessons about shopping online and not seeing the product before buying.”
- “It’s very easy to use. It tells you the correct position it should be placed on your wrist, complete with clear illustrations.”
- “Like the wrist fit, but it was less reliable than the arm cuff. Continually different readings and the arm cuff was consistent.”
- “Very accurate in checking blood pressure.”
There are several ReliOn blood pressure monitors available to purchase. However, at the time of publishing, these products are out of stock on Amazon and Walmart.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Best for up to two people: ReliOn Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor BP200
- Price: around $40
- Customer reviews: 4.3 out of 5 stars
This device has a cuff that adjusts to fit most arm sizes. It holds data for up to two people and can store up to 120 readings.
Each purchase includes an instruction manual and four AA batteries. A person must replace these batteries or choose rechargeable ones.
Positive reviews mention this device is easy to use and reliable.
However, others state the device may give inaccurate or inconsistent results.
Best for an affordable option: ReliOn 1-Button Blood Pressure Monitor
- Price: $5
- Customer reviews: 4.3 out of 5 stars
This monitor is small and reportedly easy to operate. It has a one-button system and a large digital display, which may benefit those who find it difficult to read from small screens.
The kit contains an English and Spanish instruction manual. To use the device, people need to install four AA batteries, apply the arm cuff, and press the power button.
It comes with a 1-year warranty. It is also eligible for purchase with a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA).
Positive reviews state that the device is easy to use. However, those who left more negative reviews report that while the readings are consistent, they may not be accurate.
Best for a wrist monitor: ReliOn BP300 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
- Price: around $26
- Customer reviews: 4.4 out of 5 stars
This device allows people to measure their blood pressure by wrapping a cuff around their wrist rather than their upper arm.
The monitor can detect irregular heartbeats and can store up to 180 readings. It also supports two individuals, and people can choose between person A and person B via a physical slider.
For each reading, it records the timestamp and calculates the average heartbeat. It comes with a quick start guide, two AAA batteries, and a 1-year warranty.
However, some customers note that this device may be inaccurate in comparison to other blood pressure monitors.
Best for larger arms: ReliOn Blood Pressure Monitor, Large Cuff
- Price: around $10
- Customer reviews: 4.3 out of 5 stars
This is a large arm sleeve for ReliOn or Omron monitoring devices. It fits users with an arm circumference of 13–17 inches.
The company offers an English and Spanish instruction manual, an integrated bladder, and a 5-year warranty.
However, this cuff may not be compatible with all ReliOn models. Some customers report they bought it to replace another device’s cuff, but it did not fit.
People can also purchase it with their FSA or HSA account.
ReliOn blood pressure monitors are available for purchase at Amazon and Walmart.
When purchasing from Amazon, buyers usually get free shipping and 30-day returns, as well as Amazon’s customer service.
At Walmart, buyers can get access to the company’s return terms, pickup from a nearby shop, and pay with their FSA or HSA account.
In both cases, the overall price depends on the actual model.
ReliOn blood pressure monitors include a cuff that users wrap around their upper arm before taking their blood pressure. They can press a button to activate the measuring system after cuff placement.
Those using HBPM devices should measure their blood pressure multiple times per day, as blood pressure fluctuates over time. People using ReliOn devices can improve the accuracy of readings by:
- avoiding measuring blood pressure when feeling stressed
- remaining inactive for 15 minutes before measuring blood pressure
- avoiding eating and exercising 30 minutes before assessing blood pressure
- removing tight-fitting shirt sleeves before measuring blood pressure
- remaining as still as possible while taking blood pressure readings
- allowing 2–3 minutes between each reading
- measuring blood pressure at consistent times each day
ReliOn blood pressure monitors take regular blood pressure readings over time and under controlled conditions. This helps them provide measurements that can be more accurate than a single blood pressure reading at a healthcare center.
With this in mind, anyone using ReliOn monitors should read the instructions to learn how to correctly position and use the device. A person could also bring these devices to a doctor’s appointment to verify their accuracy and review measurements.
Some medical insurance plans cover the costs of HBPM systems, so people should check with their insurance companies before purchasing these devices. Many Medicare plans also cover these costs with a prescription from a healthcare provider.
Additionally, individuals may receive a free HBPM system by participating in the
Alternatives to ReliOn monitors include the below.
- Omron Platinum Blood Pressure Monitor: This is a battery-operated device that measures blood pressure with an arm cuff. It uses Bluetooth and a smartphone app to work. The monitor takes three consecutive readings for better accuracy.
- LotFancy Blood Pressure Monitor: This device comes with an easy-to-read display. The device also alerts users about issues with their heart rate.
- Welch Allyn Home Blood Pressure Monitor: This medical-grade device can measure a person’s blood pressure with the help of an app and a range of cuff sizes.
- Withings Wi-Fi Smart Blood Pressure Monitor: This monitor features unlimited data storage and reportedly requires minimal charging.
- Greater Goods Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor Cuff: This device comes with many features, including a large display and an app. It also measures systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
Here is an overview of how ReliOn compares to some of the above alternatives.
|Systolic and diastolic reading||Requires batteries||App or phone compatible||Data storage||Number of users||Warranty|
|ReliOn||some models||yes||no||yes||1 or 2, depending on the model||around 5 years|
|Welch Allyn||yes||yes||yes||yes||1||2 years|
|Greater Goods||yes||yes||yes||yes||2||1 year|
HBPM systems are an important tool — around
The medical community recognizes high blood pressure as the
HBPM systems are useful for tracking blood pressure, but they are not a substitute for regular checkups with a doctor. Anyone who has high blood pressure or is at risk for this condition should consult a healthcare professional. They can use HBPMs to monitor their blood pressure and help doctors devise any required diagnoses or treatment plans.
The AHA recommends speaking with a doctor if a person has a blood pressure of
Here we answer some common questions about these devices.
Is Omron the same as ReliOn?
Omron is the company that manufactures ReliOn monitors.
What is error 3 on a blood pressure monitor?
Usually, an error 3 refers to a cuff inflating too much if a person uses a monitor with manual inflation. To resolve this, a person should ensure they do not inflate the cuff as much.
However, error codes may vary between manufacturers. People should refer to the instruction manual that comes with each purchase.
How do ReliOn blood pressure monitors work?
These devices work by automatically inflating the cuff once a person presses the power button. The sensors in the cuff take the blood pressure readings, which it then displays on the screen.
How do you calibrate a ReliOn blood pressure cuff?
There is no way to calibrate a ReliOn blood pressure cuff from the device itself.
People can check their blood pressure readings on a ReliOn device and another blood pressure monitor to verify the accuracy.
To ensure the reading is accurate, people should follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
HBPM systems give people the option to check their blood pressure regularly at home. These devices take multiple readings and can offer a more comprehensive picture of an individual’s blood pressure than a single measurement at a healthcare center.
ReliOn makes a series of reportedly reliable HBPMs. The brand also sells a range of these devices to suit different needs. For example, some have a larger cuff, and others have long battery lives. Doctors can help someone decide which monitor is best for them.