We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
REX MD is an online health clinic specializing in male health. The company offers consultations, treatment plans, health guides, and limited follow-up sessions.
These services may suit people who are uncomfortable with seeing a doctor in person to discuss their health. They may also be suitable for those who have difficulties traveling to their clinic.
This article discusses REX MD in more detail and its products and services. It also explores the health benefits and drawbacks of telehealth and alternative brands.
REX MD is a member of the American Telehealth Association. The brand helps males with concerns about sexual health, hair loss, and other health conditions.
REX MD’s website mentions that many males may feel uncomfortable discussing their health concerns at a doctor’s clinic. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), women are
REX MD offers remote medical care and a range of products that may retail at a lower price than similar products from a traditional pharmacy.
The platform offers:
- medications from licensed distributors
- personalized treatment plans
- free shipping
- free unlimited doctor follow-ups after treatment
According to the website, individuals may contact their assigned doctor through the company’s member portal.
At the time of publication, REX MD has an average review rating of 4.7 out of 5 on its website. The brand also has a 4.5 rating on Trustpilot.
Positive reviews focus on the quality of the company’s online services and products.
However, negative critiques revolve around customer service and shipping issues. Some people also said they had difficulties in securing refunds from REX MD.
REX MD caters to male health. The service provides a platform for males to access doctors online.
The service specializes in sexual health. However, REX MD also provides treatments for other medical conditions, such as primary health and hair loss.
REX MD offers the following products and treatments.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Some medications that doctors may prescribe for ED include:
- Sildenafil (Viagra): REX MD offers branded and generic varieties of sildenafil. Both come in tablets of 25, 50, and 100 milligrams (mg). Individuals can take these with or without food, but it may be more effective if they take them on an empty stomach. However, sildenafil may not be safe for people with:
- Vardenafil (Levitra): This medication may start working faster than sildenafil and comes in 20-mg tablets. Doctors may increase the dosage if they are not effective. However, they may not prescribe vardenafil to those with:
- Tadalafil (Cialis): This medication comes in four strengths: 2.5, 5, 10, and 20 mg. Doctors may recommend the 2.5- and 5-mg tablets for individuals with benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is also known as an enlarged prostate gland. People with this condition may experience urinary symptoms and may take tadalafil, even if they do not have ED.
Doctors may prescribe sertraline, which REX MD offers as a monthly supply. However, the medication can cause serious side effects, such as:
Individuals may take this medication every morning or 4–8 hours after engaging in sexual activity. Some may prefer taking it only when they plan to have sex.
A 2016 study notes that male androgenetic alopecia, the most common form of hair loss, affects
To treat hair loss, REX MD doctors may prescribe a 1- or 3-month supply of finasteride. Individuals may take them either with or without food, but they should not take an extra tablet if they miss a dose.
A REX MD doctor may prescribe valacyclovir if a person has oral or genital herpes. It is an antiviral medication that may treat or prevent outbreaks.
People may either buy the 1- or 3-month supply. The dose and length of treatment may depend on the type of infection the individual has contracted.
People may find beta-glucan products on REX MD’s website. They are available as over-the-counter supplements that support the immune system and come in 1-, 3-, or 6-month supplies.
The REX MD platform offers online medical consultations, where a person can discuss their symptoms and receive a diagnosis. A doctor may then prescribe medications, after which individuals choose between rush delivery or pickup from a local pharmacy.
Some conditions that REX MD healthcare professionals may treat include:
REX MD offers a free online visit with a person’s first monthly order. People must then pay a recurring monthly fee. However, REX MD offers discounts if an individual signs up for 3 or more months of membership and prescription refills.
The pricing varies depending on the medication a healthcare professional prescribes. The following table describes some of the costs of the medication that REX MD offers.
|Generic Viagra (sildenafil)||$10 per dose|
|Branded Viagra||$90 per dose|
|Generic Cialis (tadalafil)||$10 per dose|
|Branded Cialis||$29 per dose|
|Daily generic Cialis||$3 per dose|
|Daily Cialis||$3 per dose|
|Branded Levitra||$60 per dose|
|Finasteride||$20 per month|
Most insurance plans do not cover REX MD’s services. However, the company claims that its prices are cheaper than pharmacies and copays.
REX MD offers shipping free of charge, but a person can order overnight shipping for an additional fee.
Once an individual places an order, the company usually processes the medication within a day. The order will then arrive within 2-4 business days unless an individual has opted for overnight shipping.
People may wish to review the health benefits and drawbacks of telehealth before using online clinics.
- people are unable to attend telehealth sessions if they have limited internet access
- hackers may be able to access personal medical information, according to an
older study from 2014
- possible treatment delays and inability to provide urgent care
People interested in using telehealth services may also wish to consider alternative providers:
- Hims: Specializes in male health and offers online consultations and personalized treatment plans, even for mental health conditions. The platform also provides free, anonymous group support sessions for those who may have health concerns.
- Roman: Offers help with sexual, hair, and skin health, daily health treatments, and free doctor follow-ups. People may also receive treatment for stress, excessive sweating, and dandruff.
- Lemonaid: Offers treatment for various conditions, including urinary tract infections, anxiety, depression, and hypothyroidism. People may also use the platform if they are interested in buying birth control medications. The platform allows individuals to order blood tests, cholesterol tests, and tests for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Eddie by Giddy: Sells a wearable device that treats ED and improves male sexual performance without medications. It comes in different sizes depending on penis girth and ED symptoms.
- HealthTap: A company offering urgent and primary care. Once people set up their account, they may access HealthTap’s symptom checker and health questions that doctors answer. Individuals may register for the prime or basic membership, depending on their medical insurance status.
People with no or limited internet access may consider consulting a doctor at a traditional clinic or via phone consultation, as they would be unable to attend online visits.
Those who may need urgent care may also phone their doctor’s office. Online clinics may have treatment delays, while delivery options may depend on the individual’s location.
Below are some common questions and answers about REX MD.
Is REX MD a legitimate company?
REX MD states that it uses United States-licensed and board certified doctors. However, it also declares that its services should not replace a medical professional.
The company also does not sell prescription medications unless a person has a current prescription from a doctor.
Does REX MD provide Viagra?
REX MD offers branded Viagra and generic Viagra (sildenafil).
Does REX MD have Cialis?
REX MD offers branded Cialis and generic Cialis (tadalafil).
The company also offers daily generic and branded Cialis.
Is REX MD a subscription-based service?
REX MD is a subscription service. A person pays a recurring monthly fee for their medication, although the company offers a discount with a subscription of 3 months or more. This fee covers prescription refills.
A person can cancel their subscription and monthly refills at any time.
Telehealth may suit individuals who cannot get to a doctor’s clinic and prefer speaking with a healthcare professional using online platforms.
Companies, such as REX MD, may offer consultations, personalized treatment plans, and ongoing follow-up sessions. People should provide detailed information on their circumstances and discuss their symptoms with the doctor during the online consultation.
However, these services may not suit individuals with limited internet access or those who may need urgent care and treatment.