We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Rexton is a hearing aid brand that offers hearing devices to people in the United States and worldwide. Individuals can buy the company’s hearing aids from their audiologist.
This article explores the Rexton brand, its products and services, how to order, and how hearing aids can impact health.
Rexton has been operating since 1955. The company provides hearing aids globally and operates out of its headquarters in Denmark.
Rexton states that its mission is to deliver hearing technology that is durable, practical, dependable, and proven.
However, the company has no reviews on its Trustpilot or Better Business Bureau (BBB) page. At the time of publishing, Rexton does not hold accreditation with the BBB, but it has achieved an “A-” grade. Additionally, the company has closed one complaint on the platform in the last 3 years.
Please note, the writer has not tested these products. All information is research-based.
Rexton offers several models of hearing aids and accessories, as well as an app. The company’s products are not available to buy online and are only available through hearing care professionals.
However, the brand offers a free online hearing test on its website. People will need in-ear or over-the-ear headphones to complete this test. They can read the test instructions onscreen and adjust the volume to listen to the sounds.
While this test does not diagnose hearing loss, it may indicate whether a person should contact a hearing care professional for a comprehensive hearing test and further advice.
Rexton also manufactures the below hearing products.
The MotionCore range of hearing aids is Rexton’s newest line. It comprises four different hearing aids: the SR, R, B-Li, and the iX. All are available as rechargeable battery models with up to 61 hours of use on one charge, except the iX. Rexton does not state the charging options for the iX.
The SR, R, and B-Li models are behind-the-ear and receiver-in-canal hearing aids and available in various colors.
The key feature about Rexton’s MotionCore range is that they can recognize and adapt to a person’s environment. The company claims these devices can automatically recognize up to 20 times more hearing environments than previous models.
These hearing aids also have a motion sensor that constantly detects a person’s movements. Rexton states that this feature allows the devices to determine a person’s hearing environment accurately.
People can also stream audio from their smartphones, TVs, and other devices directly to their MotionCore hearing aids. While MotionCore’s Direct Audio Streaming technology works automatically on iOS devices, Android users need to purchase Rexton’s Smart Mic accessory.
The MyCore range is available in receiver-in-canal, behind-the-ear, completely-in-canal, and in-the-ear styles.
Most of the models in this line feature disposable batteries rather than rechargeable packs. The main feature of the MyCore range is that they have MyVoice technology, meaning that the hearing aids automatically recognize the user’s voice and processes it to sound natural.
This range also has audio streaming and binaural signal processing. All models also include a feedback eliminator to increase sound quality.
TruCore models are available as behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, in-the-canal hearing aid styles.
This range of products features a voice ranger, which enhances speech, allowing people to hear more clearly. It also boosts music quality for a better listening experience at home or live concerts.
Other features of the TruCore range include three performance levels and a tinnitus relief function. In addition, these hearing aids are Bluetooth and Rexton app compatible.
The TruCore Stellar Li and some TruCore Mosaic models have rechargeable batteries, while other hearing aids in this range use disposable batteries.
Rexton offers an app and several accessories compatible with most of its hearing aid lines.
The Rexton app is available on iOS and Android devices. People can connect it to their hearing aids via Bluetooth and control the device’s volume, programs, and microphone pattern. The settings they can adjust with the app vary according to the hearing aid they use.
Rexton’s accessories include:
- Audio streaming accessories: Rexton manufactures three audio streaming accessories that can connect to TVs and other devices.
- Remote controls: The company offers three remote control devices, which can control hearing aid settings. People can also use the Smart Mic as a companion microphone.
- Charging accessories: Rexton manufactures several charging accessories, some of which can fully charge hearing aids within 30 minutes. Additionally, some products automatically clean and dry hearing aids.
People cannot purchase Rexton products directly from the manufacturer. Instead, they need to discuss their hearing aid requirements with an audiologist, who can then order the hearing aids and fit and program them for users.
As a person can only order Rexton products through their audiologist, it also means they need a valid prescription.
There is no information on the company’s website regarding a warranty policy, return policy, or insurance coverage. With this in mind, a person should discuss insurance coverage with their health insurance provider and ask their audiologist about a warranty or return policy.
A few alternative hearing aid companies to Rexton include:
- Signia: Manufactures many different types and styles of hearing aids. Like Rexton, the company does not allow people to buy hearing aids or accessories online. Find out more about Signia hearing aids.
- Starkey: Another leading hearing health provider offering various styles of prescription hearing aids. However, individuals cannot buy Starkey hearing aids online. Find out more about Starkey hearing aids.
- Phonak: Phonak manufactures various models, many of which are rechargeable and Bluetooth compatible. The company does not allow a person to purchase its products online. Find out more about Phonak hearing aids.
Several brands allow people to buy hearing aids directly from their websites. Companies, such as Nano, Eargo, and MDHearing, offer a range of hearing aids that may be suitable for those with hearing loss.
However, hearing aids are not suitable for all levels of hearing loss. People with severe hearing loss or high-frequency loss may find
Additionally, an audiologist may recommend other devices, such as
It is important to know how to use and look after hearing aids. A 2018 study suggests that a lack of training and information, alongside other factors, such as a hearing aid’s features, can negatively affect a person’s experience with these devices. Therefore, individuals should work closely with their audiologist to ensure their hearing aids are right for them.
- keeping hearing aids away from heat and moisture
- frequently cleaning hearing aids, as earwax build-up and drainage may cause damage
- avoiding the use of hair care products, such as hairspray, while wearing hearing aids
- switching them off when not in use and changing batteries when needed
- keeping small parts, especially batteries, away from children and pets
People should contact a doctor as soon as possible if their hearing suddenly changes or they experience any pain or discomfort while wearing a hearing aid.
Rexton is a global hearing care retailer. While people cannot buy hearing aids from the company directly, audiologists can order the correct hearing aid for a person’s hearing requirements.
Rexton also manufactures several hearing aid accessories, such as charging and audio streaming accessories and remote controls. However, individuals need to ensure these accessories are compatible with their hearing aids.
Please note: Medical News Today does not imply warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or endorse any of these applications. Nobody at MNT has evaluated these apps for medical accuracy. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved them unless otherwise indicated.