We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
If a person experiences impaired ejaculation or erectile dysfunction, they may consider trying Semenax. This is a male sexual enhancement supplement that aims to increase sperm volume. It comprises natural ingredients that reportedly improve blood flow to the penis and provide nutrients to the male reproductive glands. However, no independent clinical research exists that investigates its efficacy.
A note about sex and gender
Sex and gender exist on spectrums. This article will use the terms “male,” “female,” or both to refer to sex assigned at birth. Click here to learn more.
The quality of a male’s ejaculation, including the volume of semen and the force of ejaculation, will be different for everyone.
Sometimes, an individual can experience issues with ejaculation, which may affect their sex life and their partner’s sexual satisfaction.
Some people take sexual enhancement supplements, such as Semenax, to treat delayed or inhibited ejaculation, improve their semen volume and ejaculation distance, and remedy ejaculation issues. However, they may need to work with a doctor to treat any underlying causes of sexual health issues.
This article explores what Semenax claims to do, its ingredients, the side effects it may induce, and other types of supplements or sexual health products to consider for ejaculation issues.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Semenax is a male enhancement supplement from the company Leading Edge Health. The product reportedly boosts a person’s natural semen production.
The company states that an enhanced semen volume enhances sexual satisfaction and pleasure by causing longer orgasms and stronger force during ejaculations. Leading Edge Health also claims that Semenax increases sperm volume in as little as 2 weeks. However, there is no research to support these claims.
Semenax may be suitable for those experiencing impaired ejaculation, as its maker markets the product as a supplement to increase semen production.
However, no clinical studies or efficacy reports examine its effectiveness. Additionally, only a quarter of available testosterone-boosting supplements actually have any research to support them. With this in mind, it is advisable to consult a doctor to determine and treat any underlying causes of sexual health conditions.
Additionally, always speak with a healthcare professional before trying new supplements.
Semenax aims to work by providing nutrients to the three semen-producing glands in the male reproductive system, including:
- the seminal vesicle
- the prostate gland
- bulbourethral gland
The supplement aims to increase fluid production from these glands.
Its manufacturer has included some of Semenax’s ingredients to boost a person’s libido, sexual performance, and testosterone levels.
The company also claims that some ingredients may improve sperm volume and sperm motility, which refers to its movement ability.
While there are many online anecdotal reports about the effectiveness of Semenax, there are no studies or any research from trusted sources that support the claims these reports make.
A 2020 study stated that only a quarter of supplements in the market had data to back up their claims.
While Leading Edge Health states Semenax has undergone clinical testing, this claim only stems from a single clinical report by Vedic Lifesciences.
Additionally, Leading Edge Health sponsored the report, which is not readily accessible from its website and has not been peer-reviewed for publication. It also came from an older study from 2012. These factors mean this research could be biased and unreliable.
However, research has shown that some of the 18 extracts within Semenax are effective.
A small 2018 study found that zinc supplementation with weight training effectively increased testosterone levels.
Additionally, another small
Customer reviews of Semenax from Trustpilot are generally positive. Most users noted the supplement increased their semen quantity, with several individuals reporting positive effects in as little as 3 days. Semenax also reportedly lengthened users’ orgasms and increased their intensity.
However, individuals who gave negative reviews had not yet used the product for at least 2 months, the estimated time for Semenax to build in a person’s system to achieve optimal results.
The manufacturers of Semenax adhere to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) standards for human pharmaceuticals. However, supplements, such as Semenax, do not undergo FDA regulation. That said, the company states it can provide each of its products’ certificates of analysis. There are also several fake Semenax products on the market that mimic the branding of the genuine supplement.
Semenax contains 18 herb extracts, including:
- Swedish flower pollen
- Epimedium sagittatum, or horny goat weed
- zinc oxide and zinc aspartate
- catuaba bark
- hawthorne berry and cranberry
- vitamin E
- pine bark extract
- Muira puama
- Butea superba
- pumpkin seed
- wild oat straw (Avena sativa)
Currently, there are no documented side effects or risks from taking Semenax.
However, a 2019 study states that not all herbal medicines are safe, as only a small number of them have undergone thorough testing for toxicity or their ability to cause cancer.
Additionally, herbal supplements may interact with some prescription medicines and either reduce or increase their effects. As a result, individuals considering taking supplements may wish to consult with a doctor first.
- Eighteen all-natural ingredients: Semenax’s ingredients contain 18 extracts that come from natural sources. They reportedly improve sexual function, fertility, and libido.
- cGMP-compliant pharmaceuticals manufacturer: Semenax reportedly comes from a
cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical manufacturer. cGMP is the FDA’s main regulatory standard for quality in human pharmaceuticals.
- 67-day 100% money-back guarantee: Semenax extends an “Empty Container Guarantee,” allowing dissatisfied customers to receive a refund by returning two empty bottles within 67 days after delivery.
- Discounted bundle deals: Individuals can buy Semenax in 1, 3, 6, and 12-month supply bundles for savings between $20 and $500 with free global shipping.
- No reported side effects: Leading Edge Health claims that Semenax does not cause side effects.
- Subtle packaging: The company ships its products in discreet packaging.
- No FDA regulation: Dietary supplements, including sexual enhancement products, do not undergo regulation by the FDA. Additionally, the
FDAwarns many that of these products contain hidden active ingredients.
- Results can take several weeks: Semenax can take several weeks to produce effects compared with its competitors.
- No proof of effectiveness: There are currently no studies that prove that Semenax is effective. Although Leading Edge Health claims the supplement has undergone clinical testing, the company also sponsored the research, which may be subject to bias.
People looking for Semenax can purchase the supplement directly from the company’s website.
Individuals can also buy Semenax at Walmart.
While Leading Edge Health claims that Semenax can help improve mild ED and increase semen, individuals with ED can also consider speaking with a doctor to discuss their symptoms and possible treatment.
A person may wish to explore the following alternative treatments for erectile dysfunction:
- Hims: Hims stocks a range of ED treatments and prescriptions for premature ejaculation and other sexual health products. Learn more about Hims.
- Eddie by Giddy: Eddie is a nonprescription wearable device that helps a person maintain an erection. Learn more about Eddie by Giddy.
- Roman: Roman offers several products for sexual health, including prescription drugs for ED, testosterone support, and treatments for premature ejaculation. Learn more about Roman.
The following are common questions and answers about Semenax.
Does Semenax really work?
There is currently only one limited clinical study that supports the company’s claims. More objective studies are necessary to prove that Semenax has any reliable benefits, as there is not enough current evidence to support its use.
Is Semenax safe?
cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical manufacturers produce Semenax.
And while Leading Edge Health states the supplement does not cause side effects, no studies support this claim. The company also does not provide any dosage information.
What ingredients are in Semenax?
Semenax contains 18 natural ingredients, including Swedish flower pollen, L-arginine, Epimedium sagittatum, maca, Muira puama, Avena sativa, Catuaba, and Butea superba.
How long does Semenax take to work?
According to the company, individuals may see results from taking Semenax in 2 weeks.
However, customer reviews mention that the product could take effect in as little as 3 days.
People looking to treat ejaculation issues or want longer and stronger ejaculations may consider supplements, such as Semenax, which reportedly increase sperm volume, enhance erections, and improve ejaculation and orgasms.
A person can obtain this supplement without a prescription, but they may wish to consider speaking with a doctor before starting any new products such as these.
Although the company claims the supplement is free from side effects and is safe to use, there is no research to back up these claims. Additionally, some studies note the use of natural ingredients, such as those in Semenax, may not be safe for everyone.
Individuals can consider consulting with a doctor for alternative treatments for erectile dysfunction or other sexual health issues if Semenax is not right for them.