We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Adjustable pillows can help support the neck and shoulders of individuals who sleep in various positions. Online retailers, such as Sleepgram, offer pillows and other bedding products for purchase.
This article discusses the Sleepgram company, what to look for when buying a pillow, the Sleepgram pillow, and how pillows might affect health.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried these products. All information presented is purely research-based and correct at the time of publication.
Medical News Today follows a strict product selection and vetting process. Learn more here.
Sleepgram began trading in 2016. The company states that its mission is to make sleep a happier experience for everyone.
The company’s headquarters are in Los Angeles. It offers delivery throughout the United States, including Puerto Rico, and also ships to customers in Canada.
Positive reviews state that Sleepgram’s products are comfortable and of good quality. Customers also mention that they do not experience as much neck and shoulder pain after using the brand’s pillows.
However, individuals leaving negative reviews state that the company’s customer service team is unhelpful. Others report experiencing problems with receiving refunds and canceling orders.
Some reviewers state that they unchecked the optional add-ons when going through the order process but still ended up paying for the unwanted items. Others say that the company did not honor the lifetime warranty it promises.
Sleepgram does not have accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB currently gives this company a C- grade and a rating of 1 out of 5 stars based on 48 customer reviews.
The company closed 49 complaints in the last 12 months. Some of the complaints refer to unexpected charges after ordering.
Sleepgram has an average customer rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, based on 122 reviews.
According to the company’s website, its pillows will suit anyone who needs or simply wants to try an adjustable pillow.
An unsuitable pillow can provide less support and lead to discomfort while sleeping. An adjustable pillow allows individuals to select their preferred firmness and height.
In particular, the company says that its pillows are for anyone who:
- would like to stay cool all night
- would like to be able to adjust their pillow height to align their neck and spine
- wants to choose from soft, medium, or firm inserts
- needs a machine-washable, hypoallergenic pillow that keeps its shape
- wishes to use cruelty-free products
People may wish to weigh the benefits and downsides of Sleepgram pillows before committing to a purchase.
- Some reviews say that the pillows are of good quality.
- Customers report experiencing less neck and shoulder pain after using the pillows.
- The company extends a lifetime warranty.
- Sleepgram offers a money-back guarantee.
- The company claims that the pillow suits all sleep positions.
- The company has a poor grading from the BBB.
- It has a low customer rating on both BBB and Trustpilot.
- Customers have reported problems with refunds and cancellations.
- Some buyers have had to pay for unwanted add-ons.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that the company does not honor the warranty it promises.
- A person may face unresponsive customer service.
Some factors that a person may wish to consider when shopping for a pillow include:
- Sleep position: A person should consider their sleeping position before making a pillow purchase:
- Side sleepers may find firm pillows more suitable.
- Stomach sleepers may prefer soft and thin pillows.
- Back sleepers may find medium thickness pillows beneficial.
- Fill material: Different fill materials have different features. For example, down pillows are very soft, while memory foam pillows are firmer and give more support.
- Outer materials: A person may also wish to consider the outer fabric or cover of the pillow. Some materials, such as cotton, are easier to clean than others.
- Sustainability: Some manufacturers offer pillows containing material that does not become flat or misshapen over time. Other pillows may have a shorter lifespan.
- Eco-friendly certifications: Some pillows may have certifications, including CertiPur-US, Global Organic Textile Standard, and Greenguard. These certifications can inform individuals whether products are safe and eco-friendly.
- Return policies: A person may wish to review a company’s returns or trial period policies so that they can trial various pillows to assess their suitability.
The Sleepgram pillow is available in a standard or king size.
This product consists of three pillows in one. Individuals can unzip the outer cover and find two pillows inside: one firm and the other soft.
The outer cover forms the third pillow. People can choose which of the inner two pillows is the most comfortable or use both at once.
The company states that this 3-in-1 design makes the Sleepgram pillow suitable for anyone, regardless of their sleeping position. A person can adjust the firmness and height to meet their needs and preferences.
The outer pillow, which individuals can machine wash, contains 100% cotton. The inner pillows have a polyester microfiber fill and a polyester fabric lining.
Other features of this product include:
- materials that help eliminate dust mites
- cooling fibers that reduce overheating during sleep
- a cover with anti-allergy and antibacterial technologies
- 100-night risk-free trial and a lifetime warranty
The company also states that it will replace any pillows that are no longer usable.
Sleepgram sells other bedding products, including:
- Cotton pillowcase: Sleepgram’s washer-friendly, 100% sateen cotton pillowcase has a 300-thread count. This product is available in both standard and king size.
- Bamboo sheets: These 100% bamboo sheets are eco-friendly and washer-friendly. However, a person cannot tumble dry or bleach them. Sleepgram’s bamboo sheets are available in sizes from twin to California king.
- Silk pillowcase: Sleepgram’s silk pillowcase is available in standard and king size. The company states that this product can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Comforter: This comforter features a thermoregulating siliconized microfiber filling that keeps individuals cool in the summer and warm in the winter. This product is available in sizes ranging from twin to California king.
- Contour knee pillow: Sleepgram’s cooling contour pillow is washer-friendly and can provide extra knee support for back and side sleepers. This product is only available in one size.
- Supima cotton duvet cover: This duvet cover has a 400-thread count. It is available in various colors and sizes, from twin to California king.
- Weighted blanket: Sleepgram’s weighted blanket is available in 15- or 20-pound weight options. The product features two sides: a bamboo side for warmer weather and a mink side for cooler weather.
Various adjustable pillows are available to purchase online, including:
- Morphiis Customizable Pillow: This product offers six different height and firmness options. It has microfiber fill and a 100% cotton cover.
- Coop Home Goods Original Pillow: People can add or remove fill material to suit their needs. The case contains polyester and bamboo-derived viscose rayon.
- The Pancake Pillow: This product comes with six interior pillows that individuals can remove. The Pancake Pillow has a 100% cotton pillowcase and a down alternative microfiber fill.
The Better Sleep Council (BSC) recommends that people replace their pillows every 2.8 years. Supportive pillows can promote healthy spine alignment.
The BSC also states that pillows can help control body temperature as people sleep and prevent moisture buildup between the pillow and the face.
A 2020 study suggests that pillow comfort and support play an important role in sleep quality. Participants in this study reported less head and neck fatigue and less shoulder pain after sleeping with a supportive pillow.
The National Sleep Foundation recommends the following tips for better quality sleep:
- sleeping and waking at the same time every day, including on weekends
- keeping the bedroom cool, quiet, and dark
- finishing meals 2–3 hours before going to bed
- limiting caffeine during the afternoon
- exercising regularly during the day
- avoiding alcohol and nicotine, especially close to bedtime
If a person regularly experiences pain after sleeping or wakes up feeling unrested, they may wish to consider changing their pillow height and firmness.
However, if an individual continues to experience pain after changing their pillow, it may be best to speak with a doctor. A doctor can check for underlying health conditions, offer advice, and recommend any necessary treatment.
Here, we answer some common questions about Sleepgram.
Do Sleepgram pillows go flat?
According to the company, the pillows retain their shape. However, one Trustpilot reviewer states that their pillow becomes flat in the middle, causing neck pain.
How long does a Sleepgram pillow last?
According to the BSC, pillows last about 2–3 years. Sleepgram offers a lifetime guarantee.
The Sleepgram pillow features three pillows in one, allowing individuals to adjust the height and firmness to suit their own personal preferences.
Supportive pillows can contribute to a better quality of sleep by promoting spinal alignment and reducing neck and shoulder pain.
However, a person may wish to speak with a doctor if they continue to experience low quality sleep after changing their pillow.