We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Stryde and Peloton are two companies that manufacture home gym equipment. They sell exercise bikes for people who want to cycle indoors and provide a subscription app that offers different workout programs. Users can join group classes, participate in scenic rides, and receive personalized feedback.
This article describes the Stryde and Peloton brands and the differences between the bikes that they offer. It also explores some of the pros and cons of indoor cycling.
Stryde and Peloton are two of the leading studio cycle manufacturers. We look at them both in more detail below.
Please note that the writer has not tried these products. All information is research-based.
Stryde has been in business since 2020, and it sells an exercise bike that people can connect to the app. This app gives them access to workout classes.
The company saw a huge surge in sales during the COVID-19 pandemic, when a lot of people started using home gym equipment for the first time.
At the time of publication, the Stryde bike has a review rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, although this is based on just three reviews.
There is only one positive review, in which the customer mentions that the Stryde app allows users to access choreography-based classes and listen to music while exercising.
The negative comments revolve around customer service issues, such as the inability to secure a refund or get a replacement from Stryde.
According to other review sites, the bike is more affordable than those that Stryde’s competitors sell.
Peloton has been selling home gym equipment since 2012 with the aim of helping people engage in a home workout routine.
The company is well-known for its:
- stationary exercise bikes, such as the Peloton Bike and the Peloton Bike+
- exercise accessories, such as dumbbells, cycling shoes, and workout mats
People can connect their equipment to the Peloton app, which gives them access to various classes that the company’s fitness instructors host.
Better Business Bureau gives Peloton an average review rating of 1.28 out of 5 stars.
Customers say that the company’s representatives can take weeks to solve reported issues. However, they also state that the company’s app is useful, as they can use it to perform a range of exercises.
People wishing to compare Stryde and Peloton will likely find it helpful to look at their key characteristics:
|Feature||Stryde bike||Peloton Bike and Peloton Bike+|
|Resistance||magnetic resistance with 100 levels||magnetic resistance|
|Screen size||21.5 inches (in)||22 in and 24 in|
|Financing plans||starting at $50 per month||starting at $49 per month|
|Product weight||135 pounds (lb)||135 lb and 140 lb|
|User weight capacity||up to 350 lb||up to 297 lb|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity, two speakers, and headphone port||Bluetooth connectivity, two speakers, and headphone port|
|Footprint||4 feet (ft) long and 2 ft wide||4 ft long and 2 ft wide|
|Pedals||SPD pedals with toe cages||delta-compatible aluminum pedals|
|App||workout classes that are suitable for all fitness levels||exercises include cycling and yoga, scenic rides, and guided workouts|
|Users||up to four different users||individual profiles for household members|
|Return policy||30 days||30 days|
|Touch screen, bike parts, and labor warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Bike frame warranty||5 years||5 years|
People looking to expand their bike options beyond Stryde and Peloton can consider:
- Myx: This bike has an interactive 21.5-in touch screen tablet and comes with access to various streaming workouts through a separate subscription service. It is a fully connected bike and comes with a Polar OH1 heart rate sensor to help users create personalized workout plans. Learn more about MYX here.
- Bowflex VeloCore Bike: Bringing something a little different to the stationary bike market, this bike has a leaning mode, which lets users move from side to side, providing a full-body workout and a natural-feeling ride. The JRNY Experience — part of the company’s digital fitness platform — allows users to connect with virtual coaches and videos that fitness trainers host. Users also have access to scenic rides and adaptive workouts. Learn more about Bowflex bikes here.
- NordicTrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle: This indoor bike comes with a 22-in rotating touch screen, Bluetooth headphone connectivity, and a stat tracker, among other features. Users can also connect the device to the subscription app iFit, which offers live workout programs. Learn more about NordicTrack here.
People looking to buy an indoor bike for use at home may wish to consider various factors before deciding on a specific model.
For instance, the Stryde bike and the app’s monthly subscription cost less than Peloton’s. However, the app mostly features studio cycling workouts, whereas people can access a range of workout types through the Peloton app.
Both Stryde and Peloton bikes can be beneficial to a person’s health. A
Another study found that indoor cycling may help with lowering cholesterol levels in women with obesity. After completing a 12-week indoor cycling program, the metabolic functions of the participants with obesity were equal to those of people within the recommended weight range.
However, older adults who have heart problems should see a doctor before exercising. The doctor can advise them on whether a particular exercise plan is suitable and safe for them.
Stryde and Peloton are brands that are well-known for their indoor bikes. The cost of the bike models varies, and they come with different features, such as access to different subscription apps.
Indoor cycling can benefit health by reducing the likelihood of various health conditions, including high blood pressure and raised cholesterol.
People should also consider other similar products and compare their features before committing to a purchase. By doing this, they can ensure that they choose the home gym equipment that best suits their needs and budget.