We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Tempo produces smart home gyms, offering live classes with personal trainers and feedback. These all-in-one machines can help people reach their fitness goals from home.
This article discusses the Tempo Studio home gym, some health benefits and risks, and some alternative products.
Tempo manufactures home gyms that offer interactive coaching and daily classes. The company states that its home gym and equipment are suitable for both beginners and experts.
Tempo offers live classes, and individuals can receive personalized feedback from their coaches.
The company’s website also offers coach profiles, where people can read more about the exercises the trainers provide.
Tempo will deliver all equipment for an additional charge. If a person chooses this option, they can benefit from the company’s white glove delivery. This means that Tempo’s representatives will unbox the product, set up the studio, and remove all packaging.
At the time of publishing this article, Tempo has an average review rating of 4.9 out of 5 on its website.
Positive reviews focus on the quality of the product and describe the classes as motivating. Others state that the equipment offers more long-term value than a gym membership and that people can exercise during breaks while working from home.
However, some reviews mention long delivery waits. Others state that people cannot train with a partner.
Please note that the writer of this article has not tried any of these products. All information presented here is purely research-based.
The Tempo Studio home gym is an all-in-one workout solution built with an artificial intelligence-powered personal trainer. The machine may offer suggestions on how individuals can focus on their form while also tracking their progress.
The studio home gym includes:
- two dumbbells
- a barbell
- 75 pounds (lb) of free weights
This product requires a monthly subscription.
Tempo Studio gym features
Having a monthly subscription grants access to Tempo Studio gym features, including:
- Form feedback: This product comes with three-dimensional sensors that track the individual’s movements and correct their posture.
- Weight recommendations: The device monitors the individual’s heart rate and keeps track of the weights that they are lifting. It also offers a fitness assessment test for new users, and the results may change which workout programs the device suggests.
- Live classes and personalized programs: The Tempo Studio home gym offers personalized programs to help people reach their fitness goals. It offers live classes and group sessions, including strength, cardio, and recovery. If individuals cannot attend the live sessions, Tempo has an on-demand feature for people who may need to watch the recorded session.
- Leaderboard: Individuals also have access to Tempo’s leaderboard. They may compete with other users or test their fitness by following their coaches’ workouts.
- Rep counter: The device has a real-time rep counter that counts each rep and updates the leaderboard.
Home gyms and regular physical activity have various potential health benefits. However, it is important for a person to stop exercising immediately if they sustain an injury.
- improving general well-being
- maintaining a moderate weight
- preventing heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease
- improving blood circulation
The Tempo Studio home gym may be beneficial for those who prefer to use exercise classes.
One 2017 study suggests that some people may prefer working out in exercise classes. It also notes that group exercise may better improve mental well-being than exercising alone. However, studies need to explore this area further.
It is important to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using home gyms. This can help reduce the risk of injury.
- tripping or falling when using either motorized or non-motorized equipment
- landing awkwardly
- sustaining injuries resulting from moving equipment, such as treadmills
- spraining or straining muscles due to strenuous or unnatural movements
Although most sports injuries will heal by themselves, people should seek medical help if they cannot perform their daily activities due to an injury they sustained during exercise.
Before purchasing the Tempo Studio home gym, people may wish to consider the following factors:
- Cost: The Tempo Studio home gym requires a monthly subscription for each household, and the company requires a 12-month commitment once an individual activates their device.
- Dimensions and setup: This product weighs 215 lb with weights and 100 lb without weights. It is 6 feet (ft) long, but the company recommends having 8 ft in front of the equipment to partake in the exercise classes. Individuals also need Wi-Fi to use this product.
- Returns and warranty: Tempo offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. If a person has problems with their home gym, the company offers a 3-year limited warranty.
- Safety: The company states that this product is suitable for children aged 13 years and older. However, they should only use the product under adult supervision. Tempo says that pregnant people should not use this product.
There are various other companies that offer home gyms, including:
- Mirror: This company offers on-demand workouts wherein individuals can receive live feedback from certified coaches. Classes include weight training, yoga, Pilates, kickboxing, and ballet. This device does not offer form feedback.
- Peloton: This company sells home exercise machines, exercise bikes, treadmills, sports apparel, and accessories. It has an application that gives customers access to live classes, and individuals can track their progress and work out with their friends.
- Bowflex: This company offers two home gyms that come with workout guides and meal plans. The workout guides include seven free trainer-designed exercises, including bodybuilding, strength, and aerobic routines.
Tempo offers interactive home gym equipment and accessories for home exercise. The company’s live classes and coaches may make it easier for people to track their progress and keep up with their fitness goals.
Getting regular physical activity has a lot of health benefits. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s equipment guidelines to prevent injury.