We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
Medical News Today only shows you brands and products that we stand behind.Our team thoroughly researches and evaluates the recommendations we make on our site. To establish that the product manufacturers addressed safety and efficacy standards, we:
- Evaluate ingredients and composition: Do they have the potential to cause harm?
- Fact-check all health claims: Do they align with the current body of scientific evidence?
- Assess the brand: Does it operate with integrity and adhere to industry best practices?
Males with low testosterone levels may experience issues with their sexual health and overall well-being. This can include reduced sex drive and sperm count, bone and muscle mass loss, and fatigue. It can even lead to erectile dysfunction (ED). Testosterone supplements, such as Testogen, aim to increase testosterone levels in the body, but they are not FDA-approved, while no scientific studies conclude that Testogen is effective.
This article discusses the Testogen brand, what it is, how testosterone supplements work, and whether they are safe to use.
The product consists of 11 natural ingredients that can reportedly boost a person’s testosterone levels.
The supplement aims to do this by increasing the body’s production of testosterone and the levels of free testosterone in the blood. The product also claims to delay the conversion of testosterone into estrogen.
MuscleClub states that individuals using the product need to take 4 Testogen capsules daily before breakfast.
A person can also buy the supplement in booster drops, which they can take as needed alongside the Testogen capsules. The company says people can take booster drops 1–3 times a day or when required.
The drops reportedly deliver immediate results and boost the effect of Testogen capsules.
There are currently no studies testing the efficacy of Testogen.
However, Testogen provides more than 80 scientific studies on the MuscleClub website to support the effectiveness of the ingredients within their products. However, the research features several limitations.
For instance, some of these studies only included animal subjects, meaning the results of the studies may not be directly applicable to humans. This consists of an
Other research, such as this
Around a third of the studies that MuscleClub lists about this supplement’s ingredients are at least 10 years old. Some studies are also over 20 years old, with
This particular research from 1981 focused on the effects of zinc on sperm counts in men with idiopathic infertility. As not every customer using Testogen will have this condition, the results of this study and the effectiveness of the zinc in these products may not apply to the product’s customer base.
Additionally, many of the studies focus on people with certain illnesses or vitamin and mineral deficiencies. This means the results of these studies may only be relevant if a person has these conditions. It does not mean that results will be similar in healthy individuals.
- All-natural formula: MuscleClub claims its Testogen capsules and drops only use natural herbal extracts.
- Transparent dosage: MuscleClub discloses all of Testogen’s ingredients on their website, including its exact dosage in the capsules.
- FDA-approved facilities: The company claims its products come from manufacturers in the United States and the U.K that have certification from the
Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA)Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
- 100-day money-back guarantee: Customers can get a full refund of their purchase 100 days after delivery.
- Bundle deals: Individuals can save $89–264 by purchasing a bundle deal.
- Free worldwide shipping: A person can get free shipping on all orders.
- Not actual testosterone: Testogen does not contain actual testosterone, compared to the products that testosterone replacement therapy uses. The ingredients in Testogen products are herbal, steroid-free alternatives.
- Backed up by old or limited studies: Not every study MuscleClub uses to back up its claims about Testogen is applicable to a wide number of people. As such, they may not prove the safety or efficacy of their products.
- Premium price: Testogen costs a little more than its competitors.
- Limited availability: A person cannot buy Testogen in most retailers. It is only available on its website and through approved Amazon sellers.
- No supplement facts label: MuscleClub does not provide a supplement facts label for either of its products. Dosage information is not available for the Testogen Booster Drops product.
- No certification: The company has no third-party certifications or privacy standards. The company claims its products come from certified GMP facilities but does not provide proof of certification. The company also does not have accreditation from the Better Business Bureau.
Testogen features several anecdotal reports showing before and after results on its website.
On Amazon, Testogen has a rating of 3.9 out of 5, according to over 1,500 global customer reviews. More than half of these reviews gave them a 5-star rating.
Many positive reviews note the visible effects of the product can some time to appear. However, other positive reviews mention subtle yet noticeable changes within a few days. The majority of positive reviews report a boost in energy, libido, weight loss, increased muscle mass, and improved stamina.
However, there are also more than 150 one-star ratings of the product on Amazon. Most of these reviews note the product was ineffective.
The above information was correct at the time of publication.
D-aspartate, an active ingredient of Testogen, aims to increase luteinizing hormone (LH) production, which is responsible for stimulating Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone.
Testogen also contains ingredients, such as vitamin D3, which may
Testogen also contains ingredients that may boost levels of free testosterone in the blood, such as boron. According to a
Additionally, Testogen reportedly slows down the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, a natural process that occurs as males age.
Individuals take Testogen primarily to increase their testosterone levels.
- bone mass
- fat distribution
- muscle mass and strength
- sperm production
As testosterone regulates bone and muscle density and strength, a person may take testosterone boosters to enhance the effects of their workouts.
However, before they begin using it, athletes and competing individuals should check whether the supplement contains prohibited ingredients that may lead to disqualification in certain athletic competitions.
At the time of writing, there are no reported adverse effects associated with taking Testogen.
MuscleClub claims Testogen contains all-natural products and has no reported risks or side effects.
However, there are currently no studies about the long-term effects of using Testogen products.
Testogen contains 11 natural herbal extracts. These include:
- D-Aspartic acid: This amino acid increases LH levels to stimulate the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone, according to a small, older human and animal
- Fenugreek extract: Fenugreek contains furostanolic saponins that prevent testosterone from converting to estrogen, which can improve testosterone levels. They also lower symptoms of low testosterone levels. A
2020 studyfound it enhanced total testosterone levels in the blood in men.
- Zinc: Zinc plays a crucial role in testosterone production, and a zinc deficiency has
- Vitamin D3: A
2020 studyhas concluded that vitamin D may increase testosterone in men with a vitamin D deficiency.
- Korean red ginseng extract: Korean red ginseng extract is a herbal extract that experts believe increases libido, sexual performance, and testosterone levels. However, a 2020 study found that Korean red ginseng significantly decreased testosterone levels following acute resistance exercise.
- Boron: A 2020 study found that boron supplementation can improve free testosterone levels after muscle strength training.
- Magnesium: An older study from 2011 found that magnesium supplementation increased free and total testosterone levels in male athletes.
- BioPerine 95% Piperine: BioPerine is an extract from black pepper that reportedly helps the body absorb nutrients better. MuscleClub claims BioPerine can help increase Testogen’s effectiveness by boosting its absorption.
Testogen is only available for purchase on the company’s official website and approved Amazon sellers.
The following are common questions and answers about Testogen:
Does Testogen work?
No studies support the benefits of Testogen.
Online customer reviews state it is effective in improving energy and libido and assisting in weight loss.
However, some reviews say the supplement is ineffective and caused side effects.
Is it safe?
There are no known risks from using Testogen.
The company also claims it does not cause side effects because it comprises natural ingredients.
A person should contact a doctor before taking any supplement to make sure it is safe for them.
Is Testogen FDA approved?
The FDA only
Testosterone boosters, such as Testogen, are dietary supplements, which have approval from the FDA as food but not as a drug.
Low levels of testosterone can cause symptoms such as fatigue and reduced sexual drive and ED. Testosterone supplements and boosters, such as Testogen, aim to increase testosterone levels in the body.
Although the product has many positive reviews, the science supporting the company’s claims may not be completely reliable. The company also does not offer proof of accreditation it reportedly holds.
People can take testosterone boosters, such as Testogen, easily because they are widely available to purchase without a prescription.
However, a person may wish to contact a doctor before starting on a new supplement to ensure it is safe for them to take.