Premier international conference highlights breakthroughs in breast cancer research
Now in its 32nd year, the CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium remains the top venue for research and discovery in breast cancer. This year's conference will bring together delegates from all over the world. Among the expected highlights:
- Five-year results of the groundbreaking Herceptin trial.
- Definitive data on the role of bisphosphonates in breast cancer prevention.
- The role hormone therapies may play in lung cancer treatment.
- New data on the role of obesity and alcohol in breast cancer risk.
- Emerging therapies that could change the treatment landscape.
More than 2,000 abstracts will be presented for the first time at the conference, complementing an outstanding program of scientific and educational events. The CTRC-AACR San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium attracts world leaders in cancer research and treatment, including clinical oncologists, industry leaders, basic scientists and translational researchers who are working to improve patient care with the ultimate goal of eradicating breast cancer.
When: Dec. 9-13, 2009
Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center
San Antonio, Texas
FOLLOW ON TWITTER: #SABCS09
Source: Emma O'Brien
American Association for Cancer Research