SMi is delighted to welcome Augustin Armour, Scientific Investigator from GSK, onto this year's COPD conference.
The presentation follows on from GlaxoSmithKline and Theravance's recent FDA approval for BREO™ ELLIPTA™ as an inhaled long-term, once-daily maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
"After more than a decade of joint respiratory research and development, the approval is a very important milestone for Theravance and GSK." Rick E Winningham, Chief Executive Officer of Theravance. Source GSK Press Release Issued: Friday 10 May 2013
The new presentation will provide attendees with a unique insight into P13Kdelta.
GSK Presentation highlights will include:
- Overview and importance of PI3K delta inhibition
- Pre-clinical case study data
- Effect on inflammatory burden and exacerbations
- Future outlook and use if PI3K inhibitors in treating COPD
The conference taking place on 16th and 17th October 2013 will also feature presentations from AstraZeneca, Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer and Teva.
Conference Highlights will include:
- Novel diagnostic techniques and methods that can improve identifying early stages of the disease.
- Focus on sessions involving the latest on alternative causations, exacerbations, and small airways disease.
- Discussions on advances and challenges in the development of treatment methods and strategies to improve patient treatment adherence.
For further details on the event visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/goto/2013copd-conference48.asp