Biobanking 2016 to tackle regulatory updates and impact on industry.
Registration is now live for the 6th annual Biobanking Conference on 20-21 June at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK.
Following the success of previous events, SMi's 6th Biobanking conference returns to London in June. The conference agenda is released and registration is now live on the website.
The upcoming proposed Data Protection Regulation in the EU is the culmination of biobanking operations and will constitute a new legal framework if and once passed but the European Commission.
As such, this year's Biobanking Conference will focus on the potential changes and impacts of maintaining a sustainable biobanking infrastructure, harmonisation and interaction between biobanks across UK, Europe and the world. Expert speaker panel line-up includes MHRA, the European Commission, UK Biobank, Roslin Cell Sciences, European Culture Collection ECACC, and other leading European Biobanks.
You can download the conference brochure on http://www.bio-banking-event.com and register online by 31 March 2016 to save £400.Key benefits of attending 2016:
- Spotlight session - Creating a biobank for drug discovery
- Hear latest updates on Data Protection Act from European Commission and UK Biobank
- Learn about the integration of biobanking in drug development
- Obtain an overview of how to build a model of next generation biobanking
- Discover the latest updates on biobanking in the 21st Century
Our expert speaker panel includes:
- Emma Snapes, Biobank Manager, Infant Biobank
- Dr Brian Thomson, Director and Clinical Lead for 100K Genome Project, Nottingham Health Science Biobank
- Professor Glyn Stacey, Director, UK Stem Cell Bank, Division of Advanced Therapies, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control - MHRA
- Octavi Quintana Trias, Principal advisor of DG, European Commission
- Dr Julia Riedlinger, Head of Marker Scouting and Sample Bank, Roche Diagnostics
- Arthur Lewis, Senior R&D Manager, MedImmune
- Dr Michael Luntang-Jensen, Biobank Manager, H. Lundbeck A/S
- Jonathan Sellors, Legal Counsel, UK Biobank
The complete agenda can be viewed at http://www.bio-banking-event.com/mednewstoday.
For sponsorship inquiries, contact Alia Malick at +44 (0) 7827 6168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For delegate/group registration, contact Matthew Apps at +44 (0) 20 7827 6184 or email email@example.com