The Conference Forum has announced the first R&D Biotech Leadership Summit to take place November 14-15 at the Marines' Memorial Club in San Francisco. R&D emerging biotech leaders now have a conference that addresses innovation to advance clinical trials, creating and capturing value, managing growing pains and best practices for financing and exiting.
Former global head of innovation at Johnson & Johnson, Diego Miralles, MD, now CEO at Adaptive Therapeutics opens the lineup of keynotes on building impactful therapeutic programs. Immuno-oncology leader, Mark Frohlich, MD, EVP, Juno Therapeutics keynotes on going from 30 to 300 Employees. Additional keynote on Disrupting 21st Century Drug Development is delivered by digital clinical trial guru, Donald Jones, Chief Digital Officer, Scripps Translational Science Institute. The conference features CEO perspectives on R&D leadership in the current market, prioritizing R&D dollars and strategies for selecting and managing service providers for your organization. The program agenda also includes sessions on decision-making, regulatory best practices along and business development strategies.
"We are pleased to bring the first R&D Biotech Leadership event for a highly specialized population of people responsible for developing some of the most exciting therapeutics in a risk-adverse environment," said Kate Woda, R&D Biotech Leadership Summit Director.
Co-chaired by Chris O'Brien, MD, Neurocrine Bioscience and Pamela Palmer, MD, PhD, AcelRX Pharmaceuticals, the conference is responsible for addressing critical issues impacting R&D executives in small and emerging biotechs.
2016 Confirmed Speakers:
- Murray Aitken, MBA,SVP & Executive Director, IMS Institute for Health Informatics
- Sunil Agarwal, MD, CMO, Ultragenyx Pharma
- Lee Allen MD, PhD, CMO, Argos Therapeutics
- Mark Bagarazzi, MD, CMO, Inovio
- Jeffrey Bartlett, PhD, SVP R&D / CSO, Calimmune
- Deirdre BeVard, VP, Development Operations, Nektar Therapeutics
- James "Jim" Bolognese, Senior Director, Strategic Consulting, Cytel
- Laurie Burke, Rph, MPH, Former Director, Study Endpoints and Labeling Development (SEALD), ONDIO, CDER / Founder, FDA/Lora Group
- Pablo Cagnoni, MD, Managing Director / President & CEO, MPM Capital / Tizona Therapeutics
- Anne-Marie Duliege, MD, MS, EVP, CMO, Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Mark Frohlich, MD, EVP, Development & Portfolio Strategy, Juno Therapeutics
- Adam Hanina, CEO, AiCures
- Donald Jones, MBA, Chief Digital Officer, Scripps Translational Science Institute
- Thomas Lonngren, PhD (hc), MRPharmS, FRCP, Former Head / Strategic Advisor, EMA / NDA Group
- Diego Miralles, MD, President, Adaptive Therapeutics
- Susan Molineaux, PhD, Founder, President and CEO, Calithera Biosciences
- Samuel Nussbaum, MD, Former EVP, Clinical Health Policy and CMO / Strategic Advisor, Anthem / Epstein Becker Green
- Chris O'Brien, MD, CMO Neurocrine Biosciences
- Pamela Palmer, MD, PhD, CMO & Co-founder, AcelRX Pharmaceuticals
- Suyash Prasad, MD, SVP & CMO, Audentes Therapeutics
- Sara Radcliffe, President & CEO, California Life Sciences Association
- Camille Samuels, MBA, Partner, Venrock
- Mark Simon, MBA, Managing Partner, Torreya Partners
- Jamey Skillings, MD, Former SVP & CMO, Tocogen
- Komathi Stem, MS, Former Strategic Innovation Leader / Chief Operating Officer Genentech/Roche / Science 37
- Barbara Troupin, MD, Former SVP, CMO, Apricus Biosciences
- Mark Weinberg, MD, MBA, CMO and Managing Director, Halloran Consulting Group
- John Varian, CEO, Xoma
History of R&D Biotech Leadership Summit
Formerly the annual Chief Medical Officer West conference, the R&D Biotech Leadership Summit was introduced to now include those executives in small and emerging biotech who are responsible for R&D functions and is dedicated to accomplish two goals:
- To bring together senior level R&D executives to address the unique challenges associated with directing all R&D functions with limited resources, while raising capital and strategizing for appropriate exits.
- To create a network of R&D executives from emerging biotech/pharma companies to share ideas, solutions and support.
For more details on the agenda and presenters, please visit: http://theconferenceforum.org/conferences/rdbiotechleadershipsummit/overview/